ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering company on a Tier 4 visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Paulryan2
Newly Registered
Argentina

Registering company on a Tier 4 visa

Post by Paulryan2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:05 am

Hello,
1) i have contacted Companies House and there is no need for a UK visa in order to dormally register a company. Does that count as 'engaging in business'?

2) The company would not start trading before I move to another visa category though. Does that make any difference?

3) The reason I ask is because I have been accepted into an UK startup accelerator. They suggested to me to change to a Tier 1 ET visa, but it won't be ready in time.

4) My Tier 4 leave is valid until August. Would it make any difference that I kept to the conditions of my visa for the largest part of my leave?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Registering company on a Tier 4 visa

Post by sah10406 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:45 am

Paulryan2 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:05 am
1) i have contacted Companies House and there is no need for a UK visa in order to dormally register a company. Does that count as 'engaging in business'?

2) The company would not start trading before I move to another visa category though. Does that make any difference?
The Tier 4 policy guidance gives some examples of what is considered a "business activity" at paragraph 324. It includes

setting up a business as a sole trader or under a partnership arrangement and that business is either trading or establishing a trading presence;

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.