ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Application with a son with filipino citizenship (ILR granted)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JulianaCG
Newly Registered
Philippines

British Citizenship Application with a son with filipino citizenship (ILR granted)

Post by JulianaCG » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:04 am

Dear all,

I am sorry if this is already posted here, I can not seem to find the information anywhere and need help please

My ILR is granted under spouse visa route and my son's ILR is also granted at the same time as mine- my son is 14 years old Filipino citizen which is my child from previous marriage.

I know that I can immediately apply for British citizenship since Im spouse of British Citizen, however I am confuse how to apply for my son's citizenship specially in the new system.

My questions are:
- When can I apply for my son's citizenship, can I do it the same time as mine?
- What is the application I need to do for my son?

Please can anybody direct me to the right links?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British Citizenship Application with a son with filipino citizenship (ILR granted)

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:12 am

My questions are:
- When can I apply for my son's citizenship, can I do it the same time as mine? I believe you can if you and son comply with all requirements - children are registered
- What is the application I need to do for my son? MN1
Start here MN1 for child: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1
AN for adult: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.