ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Nat 6 months waiting ends in less than 6 weeks.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Justbe
inactive
South Africa

Naturalization Initial process

Post by Justbe » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:35 am

I applied for Naturalization as my mom was born in Scotland and lived there for many years before she moved to SA when she was a adult. (I am South African). Once this has been processed and I have attended the "ceremony" I can then apply for my Passport.

My documents for this Naturalization were delivered on the 1 November 2018 according to the courier company that delivered my documents.
Since then I have not heard anything from Visa & Immigration and I am really concerned as obviously all my original documents are included.
I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this and would really like to know what you experience has been.

Living in South Africa, we just don't trust any process and this makes me so nervous as my passport, vault copy birth certificate etc are all in the UK and I cannot go anywhere till I get all those documents back.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization Initial process

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:51 am

Lengthy discussion and process topic below for UKM applicants.

british-citizenship/ukm-application-exp ... 5-380.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bettinaza
Newly Registered
South Africa

British Nat 6 months waiting ends in less than 6 weeks.

Post by Bettinaza » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:29 am

Good day
I applied for my British Naturalization on the 23 October 2018. I made my payment and have done my biometrics.

I received a letter after my biometrics saying that it will take 10 days after my biometrics was taken to be registered and then it will be handed over to a case worker.

I was told that until the required 6 months to process the application, I was not to contact them with any queries as any such queries would not be answered. If I had still not heard from them after 6 months - only then was I entitled to get a response from them.

I have less than 6 weeks left till my six months is up, but I have heard absolutely nothing from them.

In the application, they say if you do the online application it goes faster and that it will take a max 6 months - but it may happen sooner......

Does anyone know how long before your ceremony date do they normally contact you? and once you have attended the ceremony how long does it take to get your passport.

I am aware that at the ceremony you get your certificate and that you have to apply for your passport (which I will do the very same day) - I just want to know as a first time applicant for a passport - does it take longer.

I am asking this as we have have sold our home in SA and we are planning to move to the UK...... so I have literally till the end of May 2019, not only to attend the ceremony but also to apply and receive my passport.

The stress is beginning to get real :lol: :D :D :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Nat 6 months waiting ends in less than 6 weeks.

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:46 am

???

member/Justbe/

british-citizenship/naturalization-init ... l#p1709457

Multiple Usernames
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:46 am

UKM can take a long time, as the link I previously provided under your other username, clearly shows.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bettinaza
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Bettinaza » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:00 am

Thank you for your quick response. I tried EVERYTHING to get my old details back and no matter what I tried it just would not recognise me and that is why I created a second profile.
I truly did not do it to offend. Sorry

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:06 am

Bettinaza wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:00 am
Thank you for your quick response. I tried EVERYTHING to get my old details back and no matter what I tried it just would not recognise me and that is why I created a second profile.
I truly did not do it to offend. Sorry
No worries, have merged your topics and will deactivate the other username.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Bettinaza
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Bettinaza » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 am

Thank you :D