ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI contact centre incorrect info: Tier 5 YMV to Tier 2 dependent in country

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

harrisl
Newly Registered
Australia

Advice after escalating multiple times

Post by harrisl » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:30 pm

Hello,
My wife's application to become a dependent on my Tier 2 visa has exceeded 8 weeks (9 weeks, 5 days).

We have escalated twice to through the call centre. After the first time we had the following response:

"Dear Ms ****
Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.
Our records show your application has not yet been completed.
We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further.
We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time."

We have no further contact.

Our local MP is now contacting the Home Office on our behalf this week. Is there anything else we can or should be doing? How strange is this delay?

Kind regards,
Lachlan

srsw

Re: Advice after escalating multiple times

Post by srsw » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:18 pm

My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

harrisl
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Advice after escalating multiple times

Post by harrisl » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 pm

Those do not really address the question, they are mostly people who received theirs within the 8 week time-frame.
I wanted to know what other mechanisms, if any, you can employ to escalate the situation or get specific reasons why your application has been delayed.

harrisl
Newly Registered
Australia

UKVI contact centre incorrect info: Tier 5 YMV to Tier 2 dependent in country

Post by harrisl » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Hi,

I thought I'd post here about our experience applying for this visa which was recently approved after 11 weeks.

We applied online, in country for the following application. After not receiving a decision within the 8 week timeframe, we escalated through UKVI contact centre.

The contact centre repeatedly told us that we were wasting our time doing this application as it was not possible to do this app in-country, I asked to speak to their manager, and even spoke to different phone reps and they said this too. They actively discouraged us from continuing with our application. We spoke to a lawyer and told us to hold firm as it is possible.

Other incorrect info (from 3 independent people at the call centre) they gave out was that you can escalate once per week, when it's only once per month. So don't waste your money calling every 5 business days.

Anyway, the point of this post is to reiterate what others have said, to take what the contact centre says with a huge grain of salt...and use a lawyer, or this forum

Good luck everyone!

Casa

Re: UKVI contact centre incorrect info: Tier 5 YMV to Tier 2 dependent in country

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 pm

The HO have outsourced the 'help line' service to an agency whose staff have very limited knowledge on the Immigration Rules and frequently give incorrect advice on even the simplest of immigration issues. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.