ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status processing times

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aabb42088
Newly Registered

Re: Settled status processing times

Post by aabb42088 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:02 am

kamoe wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:55 am
aabb42088 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:49 am
Should I chase them already?
Not at all. it's still very early. Give them a week and if you still hear nothing, then call them.
Thanks. I'll hold my breath ...

BTW an input for the forum: when I applied yesterday I had no option to 'link' the family members applications to myself (the EEA national). I saw that others were able to do that so I gave them a call. They said that as the family members are already permanent residence they stand for themselves and there is no need to link the applications. The system identifies that at application time and doesn't shows the option to link

Hope the info helps

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:59 am

Yes, I am talking from my experience, I have applied for my mother last week and I had the option to choose what am I applying for, settled or pre settled status. Although I have provided her NI number, the system could't find her ( understandable as she is 65 and never worked here and never had benefits) and we had to upload evidence, so I have provided water bills and she has been granted settled status.

Davidclr
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by Davidclr » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi All,

I am back to square 1, not 0 because I got something.

update on the process

started application 21.01
submitted 22.01
COA 22.01
Email pre-setted 15.02
no access to status so far,

and the saga Through the annoying, and stressful settlement process continues, I received the email, but I can not see my status online, it says it is still in progress.

I rang the resolution center and they said it is a I.T issue. but of course if the do not submit the application decision, it will no be official. the email clearly states that "the email is not proof you status ".

so basically I got the status but not officially. in simple term I don't have it. at least I have the email.

What I believe the issue really is;

1 - an applicant with over 5 years in the U.K but under 5 years on the the RC.

2 - an applicant with over 5 years in the U.K but Under 5 years with a EU passport( such as a person born in south America whose grandfather was Italian ) in this case the person does not became Italian, He/she has always being Italian under Italian law, who recently claimed citizenship.

3- an applicant with over 5 years in the U.K who married a European but became Eu less than 5 ago through marriage. in this case the person has became European.

There no way they can give a decision on any of these cases without affecting the other cases.
If I get Pre-settled status the case scenario number 2 also need to get pre-settled, what would be a conflicted with the Italian( European law)
if I get settled status, all other cases would also get it.
If case number 2 gets settled status all other cases also would get it.

every case scenario I look at I can not work out a solution, I believe that is why I have the email. but do not have it on the system officially.

Good Luck,

Amirkhan042
Mood:
Australia

Post by Amirkhan042 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:35 pm

Thank you for letting us know!
I have applied too for settled status.. have more then five years but 3.2 on RC ... let see who wins!!

kapchon
Newly Registered
Estonia

Post by kapchon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:09 pm

tell me pls necessary or not Insurance number for apply pre settled status ?

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:39 pm

Application started: 09.02.19
Application submitted: 11.02.19 @16.15
Fees taken: Unknown
Confirmation e-mail received: immediately on 11.02.19, inclusive of CoA
Confirmation on status: E-mail with pdf confirming Settled Status received 12.02.19 @ 9.30.

It was my Mum's application - in her 70s, self-sufficient, no CSI, here since 2012.

After about a year of procrastination, worry, second thoughts, certified translations, docs gathering, reading up about the dodgy data-sharing T&Cs, etc etc relative to my Mum's PR vs Settled Status app, we *finally* submitted her SS application.

We started on Saturday 9th with a bit of a mini-Settled-Status-application-party - her, me and my sibling.
Her Android's 5.0 so she borrowed mine to download the EU Exit app - all OK with the first scan of the passport photo page.
After trying 3 times to find the passport chip for the second passport scan, though, we got locked out of the app for 24 hrs. Annoying 😑

Only then I thought of searching online to see where the chip is on the passport, and found it on the top left-hand side corner of the inside back cover. I tried that tip to scan my own passport as a trial, and it beeped immediately.
Wish I'd thought of that earlier! 😎

So we continued on Sunday after the 24hrs were up - we scanned her passport's back cover & it beeped immediately.
We then scanned her face & took her photo.
Then onto the website to continue - we inserted the data relative to her passport & then couldn't carry on due to an error message saying to try again in 30 mins. We shut the page down, re-booted the laptop & tried again four times - to no avail. It looks like the site was down, probably too many people trying to apply.

So on Monday we tried again, ready to have to call the helpline. We logged in & the error message was gone - so we were able to carry on the application on the site, not needing to call the helpline.
After inserting her NIN, the site advised she needed to provide evidence for 5 years of residence - which we expected as she's not been working nor receiving benefits.

It took about four hours to either photograph or download the evidence required - we provided a mix of online bank statements/online credit card statements/poll tax cards/Electoral Register letters/Council Tax bills. Approx. 6 pieces of evidence per year.
About three times during those four hours while uploading the evidence, we got messages saying one of the files had a virus or there was an error. We closed the page, re-booted the laptop and logged in again each time - and were able to carry on.

So - took three days due to the technological glitches and the fidgety passport scanning lockout - but great that passport & documents can be scanned in rather than sent by post like with PR - the HO joins the 21C!

Her SS was granted on Monday morning - super quick! 🙂
It only took a few hours & she has no emploment/NIN/benefit records - so not sure how thorough a check was done of the evidence, but clearly it was found to be acceptable.

I have to say - much prefer this to the PR process!
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Post by NikiGio » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 pm

[/quote]
Hi can you please advise of links to the other forums on twitter/ Facebook that you mentioned? I an very keen to hear more views in relation to this topic.
[/quote]
Hi Pluzz, sorry for delay in answering - just seen this. Normally mods don't allow links to other forums to be posted - just do a search for #SettledStatus on Twitter, you'll find loads. On FB, I've looked on UKCEN, Forum for EU Citizens (the 3million), Love EUKCEN, and InLimbo.
I am not an immigration lawyer. My comments are opinions, not legal advice.

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:01 pm

EU child applying on their own on the basis of 5 years residence

Application sent: 13/02/2019
COA: several minutes later
HO phoned and emailed: 14/02/2019 next morning and email asking for document
uploaded new document: 14/02/2019
Settled Status received: 22/02/2019

The application process for a child doesn't ask for a parent approval, yet HO expects that, hence the call in this case. I expect process to change.

PLUZZ

Post by PLUZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:24 pm

NikiGio wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:46 pm
Hi can you please advise of links to the other forums on twitter/ Facebook that you mentioned? I an very keen to hear more views in relation to this topic.
[/quote]
Hi Pluzz, sorry for delay in answering - just seen this. Normally mods don't allow links to other forums to be posted - just do a search for #SettledStatus on Twitter, you'll find loads. On FB, I've looked on UKCEN, Forum for EU Citizens (the 3million), Love EUKCEN, and InLimbo.
[/quote]

Hi NikiGio, thanks for taking the time to respond.

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Hi all,
Just a quick question. If someone already has a PR, does he still need to make a payment of £65 in the test phase ?
Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:38 pm

horizon1985 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:38 pm
Hi all,
Just a quick question. If someone already has a PR, does he still need to make a payment of £65 in the test phase ?
Thanks
Nope.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:38 pm
horizon1985 wrote:
Hi all,
Thanks
Nope.
Thanks! I was trying to apply today but app is unable to do the ID (non-eea BRP) check. It says “information not found”. Anyone experienced the same ?
Thanks

Rob19
Newly Registered

Post by Rob19 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:00 am

horizon1985 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:05 pm
kamoe wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:38 pm
horizon1985 wrote:
Hi all,
Thanks
Nope.
Thanks! I was trying to apply today but app is unable to do the ID (non-eea BRP) check. It says “information not found”. Anyone experienced the same ?
Thanks
Yes. Same happened to me! You should have option to complete the process but need to send your BRP card to home office to verify it. You can include 1st class return envelope when you send it.

barborucu
Newly Registered

Post by barborucu » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:43 am

hi all
I made an application yesterday for my EEA national wife
Application made: 28/02 at 16.51
Notification email: sent immediately
COA: 1/03 at 8.59
Settled status granted: 1/03 at 10:14
This is absolutely fast service.
I guess i made a mistake and applied myself for PR and now my wife has settled status, i should have waited and this would have been easier

Ridnarhtim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Ridnarhtim » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:19 pm

Applied on 21/01 (settled status suggested, which is correct); that means it's been more than 6 weeks and I haven't had a peep since the confirmation that my application was submitted. Should I be concerned or call them? It doesn't look like anyone else has been waiting nearly as long in this thread.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Ridnarhtim wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:19 pm
Applied on 21/01 (settled status suggested, which is correct); that means it's been more than 6 weeks and I haven't had a peep since the confirmation that my application was submitted. Should I be concerned or call them? It doesn't look like anyone else has been waiting nearly as long in this thread.
I have. Same application date, same "Settled status" suggested, but in theory this is incorrect and it will be Pre-Setled for me, as only 3 years with RC (although over 9 in UK in total). Still waiting.

Are you non-EU family member, and if so, how long have you been on RC?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Ridnarhtim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Ridnarhtim » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:29 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 pm
Ridnarhtim wrote:
I have. Same application date, same "Settled status" suggested, but in theory this is incorrect and it will be Pre-Setled for me, as only 3 years with RC (although over 9 in UK in total). Still waiting.

Just me, EU citizen, have been living here 13 years.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Ridnarhtim wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:29 pm
kamoe wrote:
Ridnarhtim wrote:

Yours is the first case I see of an EU citizen applications taking so long. There are a few of us here who have been waiting as long as you have, but as far as I understand, we are all non-EU who on top of our years residing on EU RC, have more than 5 years in other combined visa categories other than as EU family members, which for some reason makes caseworkers escalate our applications, as not straightforward.

Not sure why this would happen in your case...

Ridnarhtim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Ridnarhtim » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:44 pm

kamoe wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:36 pm
Ridnarhtim wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:29 pm
kamoe wrote:
Ridnarhtim wrote:

Yours is the first case I see of an EU citizen applications taking so long. There are a few of us here who have been waiting as long as you have, but as far as I understand, we are all non-EU who on top of our years residing on EU RC, have more than 5 years in other combined visa categories other than as EU family members, which for some reason makes caseworkers escalate our applications, as not straightforward.

Not sure why this would happen in your case...
I ended up calling them. I was expecting hours on hold, but it was instant :D He said it's still ongoing and I just got unlucky. So at least it's not bad news.

Fitfam
Newly Registered

Post by Fitfam » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:29 am

Applied on 26th February ( Non eu with PR) Got COA immediately. Got settled status on 4th March.I only applied with just my PR card, no documents loaded.Thanks

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:59 pm

Hi All, I am a non EEa National and got valid residency card on the basis of retain rights of residency. I applied on the 21/01/2019 but haven’t heard anything back from them, contacted resolution team on several occasions but they aren’t that helpful, please can anyone advise as what should I do as it’s more than 7 weeks now and application hasn’t been processed yet?
Regards,

Kruk

Post by Kruk » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:28 pm

Application submitted: 28/12/2018
Fees taken: N/A - Permanent Residency Card
Confirmation email received: immediately 28/12/2018
Confirmation on status: 29/12/2018
Any paperwork received: Just e-mail with PDF letters

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:58 pm

ag04959 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:59 pm
Hi All, I am a non EEa National and got valid residency card on the basis of retain rights of residency. I applied on the 21/01/2019 but haven’t heard anything back from them, contacted resolution team on several occasions but they aren’t that helpful, please can anyone advise as what should I do as it’s more than 7 weeks now and application hasn’t been processed yet?
Regards,
Same here. Over 7 weeks. No news.

ag04959
Newly Registered

Post by ag04959 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:24 pm

Today a got a phone call from case worker as he was confused with my status, online eligibility was for settled status however I haven’t spent 5 years as a family member so he can only issue me pre settled status. He asked me if I am ok with pre settled status and I said yes, and now he should be sending me result soon

Janey142
- thin ice -

Post by Janey142 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:58 pm

does the 5 years settled go from your rc dates or the date your sponsor reached 5 years