ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documentation for BRP swap from vignette

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BiscuitEater
Newly Registered
Canada

Supporting documentation for BRP swap from vignette

Post by BiscuitEater » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Hello. I've had ILR since 2003 and have an old style vignette in a cancelled passport. I am now changing employers and understand I need to swap my vingnette for a BRP.

I am VERY confused about what I need for the application. To prove my continuous residence in the UK, the online form says I need both all of my cancelled passports (which I have, and which document all of my travel as I only have one citizenship), PLUS a huge list of council tax, utility bills, GP's letters, and a number of other things that are fairly difficult to get when you're going back 16 years! To make matter more complex, I've been married since 2004 and my husband has applied for most of our utility bills and council tax under his name, thought I've been paying half of the expenses all the way along.

Has anyone been turned down when they've submitted their cancelled passports but not all the other documents? What are the best/more accepted other documents to get if I don't have utilities and council tax addressed to me?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Supporting documentation for BRP swap from vignette

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:34 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice