ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation applied

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Applying citizenship

Post by zaza7625 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi all.
I am going to send documents for applying citizenship. All documents are ready for dispatch.
So, can i put all documents into ordinary envelope and send it to them or doni need some special one? And one mone, these documents need to be sent by registered post?

Thanks

rachaoni
Newly Registered
Georgia

Re: Applying citizenship

Post by rachaoni » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:35 pm

Its best to send it by registered post as you will have a record they received it.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 pm

You put all five years of documents plus your passport into one envelope and you pay 175 Euro. You won’t want to risk losing it because of a 10 Euro difference in the registered mail versus normal mail.

Get a large padded envelope and send it by registered mail.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Don't forget to put chocolate and flowers for them. They do really appreciate this stuff.

DJ_goodfella
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by DJ_goodfella » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 am

Finepaddy wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:52 pm
Don't forget to put chocolate and flowers for them. They do really appreciate this stuff.
nice idea Finepaddy i wish i could do that, :lol:

ZaZa i recommend you to send them email or phone call once anpost tracking status says delivered just to make sure that they have yours documents. now a days they are taking too much time to acknowledge.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Naturalisation applied

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi all.
I have applied for citizenship last week.
Can someone tell me what happens next?How long do i need to wait until my passports come back, or what procedures do i have to expect?

Thanks

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation applied

Post by Spire01 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:14 pm

zaza7625 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:21 pm
Hi all.
Can someone tell me what happens next?How long do i need to wait until my passports come back, or what procedures do i have to expect?

Thanks
@zaza7625, here starts the biggest test on your patience :),
anyways, Now your application would be in the first stage of processing where basic checks are done (residency checks, form8 review, logging your application on their internal system), next you should be receiving an acknowledgement and your passport back within 4 to 6 weeks. if it takes longer, you can contact INIS Citizenship dept and ask about it..
If everything is fine with the first stage of processing (that they might ask for more documentation/clarification at this point if required), the acknowledgement letter would say your application has been moved to second stage of processing where most checks are done (Garda records, Immigration checks, etc)
After second stage, the application would be submitted to the minister for approval. If approved, you would be asked to pay the relevant fee for the naturalization certificate, and then you would be invited to a citizenship ceremony to take oath as an Irish Citizen.

Regards.

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Re: Naturalisation applied

Post by zaza7625 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Spire01 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:14 pm
zaza7625 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:21 pm
Hi all.

Thanks
@zaza7625, here starts the biggest test on your patience :),
anyways, Now your application would be in the first stage of processing where basic checks are done (residency checks, form8 review, logging your application on their internal system), next you should be receiving an acknowledgement and your passport back within 4 to 6 weeks. if it takes longer, you can contact INIS Citizenship dept and ask about it..
If everything is fine with the first stage of processing (that they might ask for more documentation/clarification at this point if required), the acknowledgement letter would say your application has been moved to second stage of processing where most checks are done (Garda records, Immigration checks, etc)
After second stage, the application would be submitted to the minister for approval. If approved, you would be asked to pay the relevant fee for the naturalization certificate, and then you would be invited to a citizenship ceremony to take oath as an Irish Citizen.

Regards.
thanks bery much spire01