ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Veniuqe
Newly Registered
Fiji

BRP

Post by Veniuqe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi

I got my ILR way back in 2010 with a stamp in my passport.Since that passport is expired,I have a new one now but no ILR visa stamp on it.I was told to apply for my BRP but I am confuse now where to go and how to do it and also the fees to pay.Can somebody help please.Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: BRP

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:54 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Veniuqe
Newly Registered
Fiji

Post by Veniuqe » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm

Been there already but not satisfied yet.I am so confused with fees where it says that need to pay £229.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:18 pm

Veniuqe wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm
Been there already but not satisfied yet.I am so confused with fees where it says that need to pay £229.
That is the fee yes.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... e-visa-brp
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BiscuitEater
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by BiscuitEater » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:32 pm

Hello, I'm in a similar position only my ILR is even older - I've had it since 2003, but am only changing employers now. I am VERY confused about what I need for the application. To prove my continuous residence in the UK, the online form says I need both all of my cancelled passports (which I have, and which document all of my travel as I only have one citizenship), PLUS a laundry list of council tax, utility bills, GP's letters, and a number of other things that are fairly difficult to get when you're going back 16 years.

Has anyone been turned down when they've submitted their cancelled passports but not all the other documents? What are the best/more accepted other documents to get?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Veniuqe wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:15 pm
What is the source of confusion ?? You need to apply, pay the fee online and will be asked to attend an appointment to enroll your biometrics and submit your docs (at one of the UKVCAS centers) The process is fairly straightforward and self explanatory when you follow it
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:58 pm

BiscuitEater wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:32 pm
Hello, I'm in a similar position only my ILR is even older - I've had it since 2003, but am only changing employers now. I am VERY confused about what I need for the application. To prove my continuous residence in the UK, the online form says I need both all of my cancelled passports (which I have, and which document all of my travel as I only have one citizenship), PLUS a laundry list of council tax, utility bills, GP's letters, and a number of other things that are fairly difficult to get when you're going back 16 years.

Has anyone been turned down when they've submitted their cancelled passports but not all the other documents? What are the best/more accepted other documents to get?
I read the old paper NTL application form and the NTL guidanc, it does not required applicant MUST submit the proof of residency if the passports already could satisfied the requirement, but now the online form required the proof of residence. It make life more difficult.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 pm

This is the same NTL process done online. :!:
Proof of residence will be requested if the UKVI cannot determine through other means whether you have been absent from the UK for more than 2 years or not. As the ILR status will be lost if absent for more than two years form the UK, you may be asked to prove you have not been absent from the UK for more than two years.

BiscuitEater
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by BiscuitEater » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 pm

Thanks for the responses. I do understand that the original NTL form asked for cancelled passports OR proof of residence to prove I've not been out of the country for more than two years (which is actually funny, as I've not been out for more than 2 WEEKS at a time over 20 years). The thing that's confused me is that the tick list on the online form asks for both and sternly warns me that if I don't supply both, my application may be refused. It's not clear at all.

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 pm
This is the same NTL process done online. :!:
Proof of residence will be requested if the UKVI cannot determine through other means whether you have been absent from the UK for more than 2 years or not. As the ILR status will be lost if absent for more than two years form the UK, you may be asked to prove you have not been absent from the UK for more than two years.
what I found in the NTL guidance:
It may not always be clear whether a person has been outside of the UK for more than 2 years and has lost their indefinite leave. Generally, you can establish a person’s travel history by examining passports (where these have been submitted with the application). You must look for visas and immigration stamps issued since indefinite leave was granted.
Also
You do not need to request additional evidence of residency from the applicant if they have travelled outside the UK since they were granted indefinite leave and either:
it is clear they have not lost their indefinite leave status as they re-entered the UK within 2 years

In my situation, my passport has clearly show enter each enter uk stamps are within two years. But they still required proof of residence.

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:46 pm

BiscuitEater wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:55 pm
Thanks for the responses. I do understand that the original NTL form asked for cancelled passports OR proof of residence to prove I've not been out of the country for more than two years (which is actually funny, as I've not been out for more than 2 WEEKS at a time over 20 years). The thing that's confused me is that the tick list on the online form asks for both and sternly warns me that if I don't supply both, my application may be refused. It's not clear at all.
That’s what I mean, before the paper NTL form do not required all of these(passport and proof of residence). only when the case worker is not satisfied the evidence from passport then will ask more proof.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:01 pm

You are NOT making an immigration application, you are simply applying for a BRP. :!:
You should send the documents you have, explain your absences in a covering letter with proof if you can.
You will be only refused a BRP if they cannot in any shape or form determine that you have settled status which is very very unlikely. You have an ILR sticker, passport and other evidence I assume. You should be perfectly fine. The text on the online form is largely standard and does not reflect the decision making in this case.

Stellacat
Hong Kong

Post by Stellacat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:26 pm

Zimba wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:01 pm
You are NOT making an immigration application, you are simply applying for a BRP. :!:
You should send the documents you have, explain your absences in a covering letter with proof if you can.
You will be only refused a BRP if they cannot in any shape or form determine that you have settled status which is very very unlikely. You have an ILR sticker, passport and other evidence I assume. You should be perfectly fine. The text on the online form is largely standard and does not reflect the decision making in this case.
Thanks Zimba, this is life saving information! I am going enclosed a cover letter with the application, explain I do not have some years proof of residence, but my passport have a proof that I was not absent UK more than 2 continues years. And hope the caseworker will not challenge me.