ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can l register child as British citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mubai1
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

MN1 application for child born in UK but lives abroad.

Post by mubai1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Hi

Can you please help me if it is possible to register my daughter for BC case as it stands:

1 Daughter born in UK in July 2003, both parents not settled at the time and not married.
2 Mother and daughter left UK in 2004 when she was 1year old and never returned
3 Myself the father obtained ILR in 2018, have moved on with another family now.
4 Child's mother also moved on and is studying in Germany
5 Daughter soon 16, lives with my mother in Zimbabwe at our family home. Have always provided and taken care of her throughout with her needs.

Now l would like for her to come and join me here and there is no objection from the mother as l have always taken care of her. Is she entitled to register as a BC.

vinny

Re: MN1 application for child born in UK but lives abroad.

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:28 am

No entitlement. The problem is child’s father not married to child’s mother.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mubai1
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by mubai1 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:15 am

Thanks vinny for reply. Do you have any suggestions or point of view on the matter. I understand it's a bit complex. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:16 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mubai1
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by mubai1 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:59 am

Thanks again Vinny for response. I have engaged a lawyer to do the application for me. I will keep posting as the matter progresses till the final decision.
Anyone else with input on my issue please post as well on the thread. Thanks

mubai1
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Can l register child as British citizen

Post by mubai1 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:19 am

Hi

I have 16 year daughter born here but left with her mother when she was 1 year old and never returned. I am on her birth certificate as well. We never married. I got settled status last year. Am l able to put in an application to register her as a British citizen while she is still a minor or she does not qualify due to length of time away from UK and me not being married to the mother.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:35 am

The advice hasn't changed since you asked the question in march and Vinny provided relevant links for you!!
vinny wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:28 am
No entitlement. The problem is child’s father not married to child’s mother.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mubai1
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: Can l register child as British citizen

Post by mubai1 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:10 am

Thanks for reply. If l am interpreting the guidance correct looks like l can make an application under section 4F using the MN1 form.
Am l correct to say there is no residency requirement to meet in this criteria as l can not find anywhere it says so.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:44 pm

You may be able to register your daughter using Form UKF, not Form MN1.
Form UKF Guidance wrote:The law also allows for the registration of a child who would have had an entitlement to registration under sections 1(3), 3(1), 3(2) or 3(5) of the British Nationality Act 1981 had the father been married to the mother (Section 4F).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

mubai1
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by mubai1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:40 pm

Thanks all for the input. My daughter was registered on the 4th of October under section 4F.