ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PRITIVAS
Newly Registered
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by PRITIVAS » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:13 pm
michali wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:03 pm
I can understand applicants who have waited a month or more for a decision having used super priority asking for a refund but for an hour to two!?
Agree with you.
Thanks all. I know it might sound silly. That's why raised it in this thread if anyone has done it before like this. Also given that £600 is a quite a lot of money so tempted to give it a shot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 pm

PRITIVAS wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:24 pm
CR001 wrote:
michali wrote:
I can understand applicants who have waited a month or more for a decision having used super priority asking for a refund but for an hour to two!?
Agree with you.
Thanks all. I know it might sound silly. That's why raised it in this thread if anyone has done it before like this. Also given that £600 is a quite a lot of money so tempted to give it a shot.
Yes it is a lot of money however you did get a quick decision, within 25 hours and 40 minutes, after your scheduled appointment time, which is basically what you have paid for so I think trying to claim a refund for "delays" is very cheeky, especially given the members who are waiting over a month having paid the same fee and those who applied in November who waited almost 2 months who also paid the same fee.

Remember that after your appt, it is HO that sits at a different location that processes your application once spira has submitted it and not processed at the centre you attended.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PRITIVAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by PRITIVAS » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 pm
PRITIVAS wrote:
CR001 wrote:
michali wrote:
Agree with you.
Yes it is a lot of money however you did get a quick decision, within 25 hours and 40 minutes, after your scheduled appointment time, which is basically what you have paid for so I think trying to claim a refund for "delays" is very cheeky, especially given the members who are waiting over a month having paid the same fee and those who applied in November who waited almost 2 months who also paid the same fee.

Remember that after your appt, it is HO that sits at a different location that processes your application once spira has submitted it and not processed at the centre you attended.
Thank you. I have sent an email in a way that checking with them if I am entilted for a refund and I m not sure about it.Will let you guys know once I hear back from them. Just a try. Without asking we won't get anything:)

TanvirBDimigrant
Newly Registered

Post by TanvirBDimigrant » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:30 pm

dragon098 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:03 pm
Hi All,

This is those people who are want to get refund. I have been trying to get refund for almost 2 months now and finally found the best way to get it sorted and I would like to share this to you all.

Thanks to Abhijit19 who shared this email address Tier25TMC@homeoffice.gov.uk. So the best way to get refund is to email that email address but you need to have a subject which should be related to Tier 2 or Tier 5 applications.

At first when I emailed them I just got a generic reply which was useless but I guess they didn't check my email because my subject title was "Requesting Refund".

Today, what I did was I changed my subject title was "Tier 2 to ILR (Settlement)" and then in the body just wrote your normal story asking for refund and gave as much information as I could such as name, dates, case id, reference num, email etc.

Finally, after doing that I got a reply from them stating:
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email

We will refund the amount of £610 to the credit or debit card used to make the original payment within the next 28 days.

Kind Regards

Temporary Migration
However, I have yet to receive the refund but I will update in due course.

So guys, good-luck and hopefully, we all get refunded because we worked hard for that money.
Does anyone knows similar email address for ILR through 10 years lawful residence?

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:07 am

Hi. I did not get a 24 desicion after appklying using the super priority service. I received my ILR after 17 days. Today, I just received a letter from home office with a check of 3018.20 for a refund. Are we supposed to get a full refund or just the refund of the difference of the super priorty and standard service? Anyone here who received a letter regarding refund as well? I do not want to have problems in the future if that was a mistake.

surfsumi
Mood:

Post by surfsumi » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 pm

me1503 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:07 am
Hi. I did not get a 24 desicion after appklying using the super priority service. I received my ILR after 17 days. Today, I just received a letter from home office with a check of 3018.20 for a refund. Are we supposed to get a full refund or just the refund of the difference of the super priorty and standard service? Anyone here who received a letter regarding refund as well? I do not want to have problems in the future if that was a mistake.
These seems to gone complete bonkers. I have received a letter month ago the refund of £610 will be in my account due course but nothing so far. You should only receive premium service fee which is £610 as refund not the total amount. they seems making mistakes but let them know you received full amount for your own safety..
SURESH

SuboJvR
Newly Registered

Post by SuboJvR » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi all

Just wanted to post our timeline for reassurance using the Super Priority Service for my husband’s SET (M).

We submitted the application on 2nd March 2019 within the last 28 days of my husband’s leave to remain.

We booked the appointment then for today.

Submitted all documentation through the portal mostly on Monday night. We didn’t pay for document checking.

Appointment was booked for today at 9am but they let us in at 8.30am as it was quiet. We went to Croydon.

He was all done by 8.50am! The staff member only seemed interested in checking the mandatory documents and he said that a colleague had also confirmed they were ok the night before (we didn’t pay for the earlier checking service).

He got his email confirming ILR granted at 11.45am same day!!!

We are thrilled.

I think our application was moderately straightforward. Only things to note were my employer making an error in my salary last month (!!) but I had a letter explaining their error, but the error didn’t take us under affordability or anything. Also I had my latest bank statement printed from the bank as an online print which said “printed in branch” and they refused to stamp it. Clearly neither of these were issues.

me1503
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by me1503 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:48 pm

surfsumi wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 pm
me1503 wrote:
These seems to gone complete bonkers. I have received a letter month ago the refund of £610 will be in my account due course but nothing so far. You should only receive premium service fee which is £610 as refund not the total amount. they seems making mistakes but let them know you received full amount for your own safety..
I will definitely call home office regarding this.

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm

PRITIVAS wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:47 pm
CR001 wrote:
PRITIVAS wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Agree with you.

Thank you. I have sent an email in a way that checking with them if I am entilted for a refund and I m not sure about it.Will let you guys know once I hear back from them. Just a try. Without asking we won't get anything:)
Hi Pritivas,

Did you receive any email or automated email so far ?

Please let us know on this.

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:03 pm

me1503 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:48 pm
surfsumi wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:20 pm
me1503 wrote:
I will definitely call home office regarding this.
I would be gone to bank right away that being said, how did you pay? and I am surprised they sent you a check.

I paid by my debit card and they told me they would refund within 28 days to my account. Wish I could get a check with £3018.20

PRITIVAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by PRITIVAS » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 pm

RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm
PRITIVAS wrote:
CR001 wrote:
PRITIVAS wrote:

Hi Pritivas,

Thanks and Regards,
Raj
Hi Raj,
I recieved an automated message below as sson as I sent the email yesterday.
==========================
This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply.

Emails to this inbox should only relate to open Tier 2 or 5 applications made from within the United Kingdom where a decision is still to be made.

Any other queries will not be responded to.

If your query is related to any other matter please visit our website at the following address

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
====================================
Hi All,
Today I received an email saying I m not entitled for a refund.Fair enough. I too expected the same. Hope this will help someone in the forum. Thanks CR001. The reply was in same line with your's:)

Good Afternoon,

You have requested a refund of the super priority element of the fee you paid (the difference between the cost of making a standard application and a super priority application).

We will issue a refund where UK Visas and Immigration or our commercial partner is responsible for the failure to meet the 24-hour service standard. I have investigated whether to issue a refund in your case but have determined this is not appropriate as we allow 25 and a half hours from appointment time (discounting weekends and bank holidays) for making the decision to allow time for your biometric data and evidence to transfer to our systems.

Thanks all and wish you all good luck

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:37 pm

PRITIVAS wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
PRITIVAS wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Hi Pritivas,

Thanks and Regards,
Raj
Hi Raj,

Emails to this inbox should only relate to open Tier 2 or 5 applications made from within the United Kingdom where a decision is still to be made.

If your query is related to any other matter please visit our website at the following address

Hi All,
Today I received an email saying I m not entitled for a refund.Fair enough. I too expected the same. Hope this will help someone in the forum. Thanks CR001. The reply was in same line with your's:)

Good Afternoon,

You have requested a refund of the super priority element of the fee you paid (the difference between the cost of making a standard application and a super priority application).

We will issue a refund where UK Visas and Immigration or our commercial partner is responsible for the failure to meet the 24-hour service standard. I have investigated whether to issue a refund in your case but have determined this is not appropriate as we allow 25 and a half hours from appointment time (discounting weekends and bank holidays) for making the decision to allow time for your biometric data and evidence to transfer to our systems.

Hi Pritivas,

Thanks for your information on this.

Could you please tell me when did you receive the second email that you are not entitled for refund ?

I mean after how many hours after you first receive the automated email.

Thanks and Regards,
Raj

enj
Newly Registered
Myanmar

Post by enj » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi All! I've been reading online posts about the new system of super priority service and this forum (especially this post) was very helpful. So, I'd like to share my experience and hope it's be useful for others too. My time line is as follow;

Application submitted online & NHS surcharge paid: 21st Feb 19
**I am convinced the UKBA took this date as the application date because my decision letter also says that "the application was made on 21st Feb"

Type of application: FLR(M) extension (second 2.5 years of the 5-year route)

Biometric appointment: 4th March 19
(The staff who checked my documents was such a sweet lady who served me with patience and a big smile! She checked through each category that I uploaded and reassured me that she'd re-upload anything that was in the wrong category. She also asked if I missed out anything and she'd be happy to upload them for me. Very impressive of the service on that day(

Decision made on my application: 5th March 19
**I received an email from a case worker headed "Official Sensitive" confirming that my leave has been granted and that I would receive the BRO and hardcopy of decision letter in due course.

BRP and decision letter arrived: 7th March

After reading several cases where the decision was delayed, I feel like I am lucky to have had a positive experience. I hope for the best for all of you. :)

PRITIVAS
Newly Registered
India

Post by PRITIVAS » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:45 pm

RAJ007 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:37 pm
PRITIVAS wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:06 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
PRITIVAS wrote:

Hi Pritivas,

Thanks and Regards,
Raj
Hi Raj,

Hi All,

Good Afternoon,

Hi Pritivas,

Thanks for your information on this.

Could you please tell me when did you receive the second email that you are not entitled for refund ?

I mean after how many hours after you first receive the automated email.

Thanks and Regards,
Raj
First email automated response was received at Wed, Mar 6, 5:45 PM
Second email confirming about no refund was received at Thu, Mar 7, 12:12 PM

EddieSpeaks
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by EddieSpeaks » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 pm

EddieSpeaks wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 pm
Attended Set (O) application for my family of 3, Super Priority Service at Croydon (as no appointment was available for weeks at the Chelmsford center 5 minutes away from my home) on March 1st (Friday), had scanned everything and submitted and document check came back asking me to move my passport scans to Proof of Application section on 27th February. I did so.

While at the centre - I was asked to choose desk biometrics, who were very nice and calm and asked to take pictures and biometrics, along with signature. said everything was fine. I asked if they would check my documents, and they said since I had used the service nothing was needed - unless I thought I'd forgotten something. left in 20 minutes, wait was just half an hour. we head back home.

Next day at around 11:30 (time of my appointment) I get this email.
Dear --------------
Thank you for your recent Super Priority ILR application.
Unfortunately we need further information before we can make a decision on your application. We need the following information in order to move forward with the application:
1. Your most payslip. This must be dated no earlier than one calendar month before the date of the application,

Please reply by return email should you wish to email a response.

Your application will be placed on hold for 5 working days awaiting a reply at which point a decision will be made with the information we currently hold.

Regards
-----------

-------------------
Work, Study and Sponsorship
Work Team 2
Tier 2 Casework
Visas & Citizenship Operations – PBS & Citizenship
Level 2, Vulcan House (Iron)
P.O. Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

My working days: Tues, Wed, Thurs
I realized I had forgotten to upload this (hate myself for that) and I immediately replied to the email as well as uploaded February and January payslips to the UKVCAS portal. I got generic auto responses, but it's Tuesday (3 days) now and I'm yet to hear back. I'm shocked that the document check service didn't catch this neither did the staff at Surinder Singh route. I was very anxious, but after seeing the others plight I'm a bit better, could anybody advice me on the next steps for this? how long should I wait before I make the next move? who can I call or email?

Thanks!

I receive this mail now, which doesn't confirm if I got it or not. did this happen to anyone else? what do I do next?
I'm pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements have now been decided. You will receive your decision letters in due course.
They haven't told me anything else! Does somebody know what's going on???

Ksinghglasgow
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Ksinghglasgow » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:57 pm

FLR(M) - Paid Super Priority
Online Submitted - 27/01/2019
Appointment attended at Glasgow centre - 11.00 am on 06/02/2019
Decision via email - 02:10pm on 07/02/2019
Grant letter by post - 09/02/2019
BRP - missed delivery on 11/02/2019 rescheduled and received on 12/02/2019.

send email for refund at complaints email address on 17/02/2019 and also wrote to charging team on 26/02/2019 sent via special delivery.

Refund back on 27/02/2019 automatically in card.

Thanks
KS

EddieSpeaks
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by EddieSpeaks » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:16 pm

EddieSpeaks wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 pm
EddieSpeaks wrote:

I receive this mail now, which doesn't confirm if I got it or not. did this happen to anyone else? what do I do next?
I'm pleased to confirm that your application for indefinite leave to remain under Tier 2 of the immigration arrangements have now been decided. You will receive your decision letters in due course.
My right to work page says There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK, but this uses information from my old BRP number. I've passed the ILR I guess?

Also They took exactly 6 days to get back (including weekend), is it possible to expect a refund?

bipink
Newly Registered

Post by bipink » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Hello Readers - I think its refund time !!

Did anyone get a refund after your application (Super Priority Service) got approved and your BRP is arrived?

I paid £3018.20 in total using my debit card.
I had my SET(O) application approved in Jan 2019 and it took 4 days to get my new BRP.

Today the 7th of March I have got a credit of £610 in my account and the payment has a reference ending "LTR" also there is a comment "Government Service not elsewhere classified LIVERPOOL" which is exactly the same reference I had for my payment of £3018.20

Happy Days :D so UKVCAS is now refunding then? Good luck to all.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi there,

I am thinking to apply for super priority service for ILR from Entrepreneur route in 1st week of April 2019.

I have heard the fees are changing from 29th March for super priority service £610 to £800. Is it true.

Does decision come in under 24 hours or within a week?

Thanks

SuboJvR
Newly Registered

Post by SuboJvR » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:46 am

Yes it’s going up to £800.

When will you be eligible for ILR? If you submit your application before the 29th you can pay the lower fee but you can only do that if you are eligible at that point. The point you submit application and pay is the date you “apply for ILR” if that makes sense.

It should be within 24 (we were told working) hours but there are issues that are causing delays in some cases. I suspect these may be technical.

Anyway we had our decision within three hours but my guess is that the Home Office has already reviewed our application between submission and the biometric appointment (5 days, we had uploaded all documents 3 days before biometrics) and they were just waiting for the biometric confirmation.

No evidence to base that on, just a guess from
The timeline. It was quicker than the FLR premium service we used to do!!!

EddieSpeaks
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by EddieSpeaks » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:22 am

EddieSpeaks wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:16 pm
EddieSpeaks wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 pm
EddieSpeaks wrote:

My right to work page says There is no limit on how long you can stay in the UK, but this uses information from my old BRP number. I've passed the ILR I guess?

Also They took exactly 6 days to get back (including weekend), is it possible to expect a refund?
My wife's right to work status hasn't changed yet, this is getting frustrating :(

surfsumi
Mood:

Post by surfsumi » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:31 am

bipink wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:56 pm
Hello Readers - I think its refund time !!

Did anyone get a refund after your application (Super Priority Service) got approved and your BRP is arrived?

I paid £3018.20 in total using my debit card.
I had my SET(O) application approved in Jan 2019 and it took 4 days to get my new BRP.

Today the 7th of March I have got a credit of £610 in my account and the payment has a reference ending "LTR" also there is a comment "Government Service not elsewhere classified LIVERPOOL" which is exactly the same reference I had for my payment of £3018.20

Happy Days :D so UKVCAS is now refunding then? Good luck to all.
HI,
Happy to hear you got refund. Please let me know if you had any contact with them regarding refund ? I received a letter dated 8th February saying refund will be there due course but yet to receive anything. Did you get any letters from them or did you write to them? any information regarding this would be much appreciated. Cheers.
SURESH

surfsumi
Mood:

Post by surfsumi » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:47 am

Ksinghglasgow wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:57 pm
FLR(M) - Paid Super Priority
Online Submitted - 27/01/2019
Appointment attended at Glasgow centre - 11.00 am on 06/02/2019
Decision via email - 02:10pm on 07/02/2019
Grant letter by post - 09/02/2019
BRP - missed delivery on 11/02/2019 rescheduled and received on 12/02/2019.

send email for refund at complaints email address on 17/02/2019 and also wrote to charging team on 26/02/2019 sent via special delivery.

Refund back on 27/02/2019 automatically in card.

Thanks
KS
Hi,
Glad to hear that you got your refund.. :) would you please share the charging team address & complaint email address if you could? I'm waiting more than a month for promised refund. thanks again.
SURESH

IraCH
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by IraCH » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:33 pm

IraCH wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 am
Dear all

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of weeks and it's been so useful. Thank you all! I've registered to share my experience with the new system and the timeline of my application.

Type of application: SET(0)
Online application submission date: 15 February 2019
Documents uploaded online: 18 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 26 February 2019, Croydon 10:30
Default Confirmation email received: NEVER
E-mail from UKVI asking for additional letter: 26/02/2019 16:00
Letter provided: 26/02/2019 16:30
E-mail from UKVI granting my leave: 27/02 09:15
my status on the right to work page has also changed to unlimited now

now awaiting BRP and decision letter.

Good luck to everyone! I guess my example shows that the super premium service does meet 24 hours target sometimes. People probably do not share positive experience they've had.
update

decision letter received: 01/03
BRP received: 07/03

holycow
Newly Registered
India

Post by holycow » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone who applied for ILR using the super priority service on the 15th of Feb, biometrics submitted on the 16th of Feb in Croydon, is still waiting for a decision? Thanks