ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision withdrawal letter(Spouse Visa Appeal)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hellostranger
Newly Registered

Decision withdrawal letter(Spouse Visa Appeal)

Post by hellostranger » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:33 pm

Hi there, I am a British citizen and applied for my wife's visa under the spouse visa settlement category. Our visa was rejected this year in January citing a reason for "lack of evidence of a subsisting relationship" and "lack of shared financial responsibilities". I decided to appeal their decision and did so within the 28 day period providing the printout of our every day whatsapp conversation(768 double-sided pages with 4 columns squashed into a single page and about 150 photos of our wedding, honeymoon and other photos along with some receipts from the hotel during my visit). Besides, I have given receipt of the money sent so far( nearly £6000). The hearing date had already been decided on the 17/01/2018 but on 3/08/2018 my wife has got an email from the home office mentioning they have withdrawn their decision. I am copying the letter below: Dear Mrs X,
Please find attached the withdrawal letter for your application.
I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on 02/01/2018 to refuse
your application.
The original refusal decision has been withdrawn and a recommendation made to the
Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided to grant entry
clearance.
The reasons for the withdrawal are:
 Fresh evidence has been provided
It will only be under rare circumstances that this withdrawal will not result in the grant of
entry clearance. Such circumstances would be those that, even in the event of an allowed
appeal, would cause the Secretary of State not to grant entry clearance. It is therefore
submitted that there is no good reason not to permit the withdrawal. Pursuant to Tribunal
Procedure Rule 17(2), the respondent respectfully requests that this appeal be
withdrawn.
The Decision Making Centre will contact you in due course with further information about
any next steps you need to take.
This letter is being copied to the Tribunal.
Yours sincerely,
CS
aECM
International Casework and Quality Assurance Team (ICQAT)

My question is what happens after this mail and how long does it normally take for them to complete the full visa process generally? How long should we wait if we don't hear anything from them. Would someone please give us a bit of information if anyone is aware?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Decision withdrawal letter(Spouse Visa Appeal)

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:46 pm

They are looking to issue the visa, give it 12-15 weeks for them to issue it. Probably take much less time.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Wobblylamppost
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Wobblylamppost » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:21 am

Hi,

I have had the same email this month. Have you heard anything yet? I understand, even with that email they can still say no.

Zpoiali
Newly Registered

Post by Zpoiali » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:00 am

Hi,

In the exact same situation as you just recieved email 3 days from today and would like to know on how it is so far? You heard anything back in this time i really hope you have.

Thank you very much.

Ali. :)

Imran mraish
Newly Registered

Post by Imran mraish » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:42 am

Hi

Any update with you, I got the same email, what the next stage?
Please advise me

Imran mraish
Newly Registered

Post by Imran mraish » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:45 am

Hi

Any update with you?
I got the same email, what will happen now, advise me please!!

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 am

They will ask you to submit passport again and pay IHS, then will probably issue the visa
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

AWN
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AWN » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:26 am

Hi all!
Brief timeline:

Applied: May 2017
Refused: November 2017
Reason for refusal: they said I had only sent 1 bank statment when I had sent 7. (Ridiculous)
Appealed: November 2017
Appeal date given: April 2018- did not meet the deadline so handed over to the judge
Appeal Date: May 15 2018- appeal withdrawn

May 17: Email from home office stating they are now ready to issue Visa

IHS payment: 23rd May 2018

PP submitted: 15th June

STILL HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING

I had the MP involved who said they are waiting to assess it application. What the he'll does that mean. Today MP told me they are ready to issue Visa but don't know about the timescale.

It seems like everyone at home office are confused no clear answer from anyone.

No idea what to do..any suggestions??

Wobblylamppost
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Wobblylamppost » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:15 pm

I am guessing there is some sort of quota system and you are low priority. I am also waiting for the return of my passport.

Alipoi
Newly Registered

Post by Alipoi » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 am

Hi i am i same situation it has been 2 months now and still havent got passport back. Can anyone please update me on how i can see on whats going on my solictor says their is no way. Please someone help.

Hamza590
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hamza590 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:44 pm

I got this email today, are there any further proceedings to this case and how long did it take after this mail that you were issued a visa? 🤔🤔 :!:

zeeshann
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshann » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:19 am

Alipoi wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 am
Hi i am i same situation it has been 2 months now and still havent got passport back. Can anyone please update me on how i can see on whats going on my solictor says their is no way. Please someone help.
i had submitted the passport in mid of december still waiting for passport. i called them so many times in the end they said there is no time line to get the passport back. so just wait

dubsmachine
Newly Registered

Post by dubsmachine » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:21 am

I have the same issue.
Won our appeal start of January, received the letter from the Judge when we confirmed we accepted the decision.

No info on what happens next or what to do or who to contact.
We are meant to just wait for someone to ask for my wife to send her passport?

Pushpa
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Pushpa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:21 pm

I am waiting for email from UKBA case worker to submit my PP. I don’t know how long it will take to get VISA.anyone please update timeline.

zeeshann
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeeshann » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:14 pm

AWN wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:26 am
Hi all!
Brief timeline:

Applied: May 2017
Refused: November 2017
Reason for refusal: they said I had only sent 1 bank statment when I had sent 7. (Ridiculous)
Appealed: November 2017
Appeal date given: April 2018- did not meet the deadline so handed over to the judge
Appeal Date: May 15 2018- appeal withdrawn

May 17: Email from home office stating they are now ready to issue Visa

IHS payment: 23rd May 2018

PP submitted: 15th June

STILL HAVENT HEARD ANYTHING

I had the MP involved who said they are waiting to assess it application. What the he'll does that mean. Today MP told me they are ready to issue Visa but don't know about the timescale.

It seems like everyone at home office are confused no clear answer from anyone.

No idea what to do..any suggestions??
awn have you got your passport back ?

Sk10

Post by Sk10 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi I have got the withdrawal email on 25th feb and today I have got a call from ukvi Sheffield to confirm my solicitor as my legal representative. I did ask them that how long will it take to get me biometric card. He replied it will be only 7-10 days. Hopefully it will take less as my solicitor said they only confirm address while sending card in post.
Hope this will help
hellostranger wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:33 pm
Hi there, I am a British citizen and applied for my wife's visa under the spouse visa settlement category. Our visa was rejected this year in January citing a reason for "lack of evidence of a subsisting relationship" and "lack of shared financial responsibilities". I decided to appeal their decision and did so within the 28 day period providing the printout of our every day whatsapp conversation(768 double-sided pages with 4 columns squashed into a single page and about 150 photos of our wedding, honeymoon and other photos along with some receipts from the hotel during my visit). Besides, I have given receipt of the money sent so far( nearly £6000). The hearing date had already been decided on the 17/01/2018 but on 3/08/2018 my wife has got an email from the home office mentioning they have withdrawn their decision. I am copying the letter below: Dear Mrs X,
Please find attached the withdrawal letter for your application.
I am writing to inform you that I have reviewed the decision made on 02/01/2018 to refuse
your application.
The original refusal decision has been withdrawn and a recommendation made to the
Decision Making Centre where your original application was decided to grant entry
clearance.
The reasons for the withdrawal are:
 Fresh evidence has been provided
It will only be under rare circumstances that this withdrawal will not result in the grant of
entry clearance. Such circumstances would be those that, even in the event of an allowed
appeal, would cause the Secretary of State not to grant entry clearance. It is therefore
submitted that there is no good reason not to permit the withdrawal. Pursuant to Tribunal
Procedure Rule 17(2), the respondent respectfully requests that this appeal be
withdrawn.
The Decision Making Centre will contact you in due course with further information about
any next steps you need to take.
This letter is being copied to the Tribunal.
Yours sincerely,
CS
aECM
International Casework and Quality Assurance Team (ICQAT)

My question is what happens after this mail and how long does it normally take for them to complete the full visa process generally? How long should we wait if we don't hear anything from them. Would someone please give us a bit of information if anyone is aware?