ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khaledezzat
Newly Registered
Egypt

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

Post by khaledezzat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:55 pm

So I've been in a relationship with this girl from UK for over a year now and we agreed to meet and get married so I can join her, now her mother called the police and said she's gonna hire a lawyer and do whatever it takes to keep me from getting into the country (for dearly beloved reasons) and somehow the police are backing her up with it or something? so my question is, can anything actually be done to keep me from getting there? especially that I have no previous criminal records or anything that would normally ban me from getting into a country. thanks in advance.

secret.simon

Re: VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

Post by secret.simon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:16 pm

What nationalities does the girl have? What nationalities do you have? How old is the girl?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

khaledezzat
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by khaledezzat » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:38 pm

I'm Egyptian, she's English, and next month she'll be 20

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:50 pm

If an accusation of whatever nature is made and has been logged by the police then the question that comes from that is what impact it can or may have on your application. As you are overseas you will not have had or unlikely to have had contact with the UK police so at no time would you have been in a position to defend yourself or answer the accusations. So I am assuming you have not had contact?

Guessing the allegations are along the lines of you either being coercive or controlling or that the individual is being mislead or is a vulnerable person?

If there has not been formal action against you then there will be no record for the HO to search or take note of. Therefore by default they can not refuse entry on non-conducive grounds.

What is a more likely scenario is that the girl is unlikely to own / rent her own residence - if she is reliant on her parents accommodation then that will block the visa.

The other point is likely to be the earnings requirement- does your girlfriend earn more than £18,600 per year?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:19 pm

On another issue, if you have never met in person and this has been an online relationship, you won't qualify for a fiance or marriage visa. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.