ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice! (Non EU pregnant of an Irish citizen)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

irebra2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Advice! (Non EU pregnant of an Irish citizen)

Post by irebra2019 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 am

Hi there,
I'm in Ireland and my visa expired a while ago, I just overstayed it because I was getting some documents done to apply to my citizenship in another EU country and go back to my home country wasn't an option.
I have a bf (Irish) and we have a great relationship, we had plans of getting married after I finished my citizenship but now I'm not sure I'll be able to go and get it done, I'm 4 months pregnant and the process in the other country would take at least 6 months to be done and I would have to stay there during this whole time, he has a job and responsibilities here so he can't come with me, but Im also scared of being pregnant and alone in a new country that I don't even know the language, my child would have to be born there and that's not exactly what we want. He wants to be with me during my pregnancy so it would be great if we could stay here together.
Getting married is not an option due to the laws here and my situation with the visa (as far as I understand).
Does anyone know anything that we could do?
Thanks a million!

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Re: Advice! (Non EU pregnant of an Irish citizen)

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:52 am

Do whatever is good for u and ur baby. Rest doesn't matter.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:27 pm

irebra2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 am
Hi there,
I'm in Ireland and my visa expired a while ago, I just overstayed it because I was getting some documents done to apply to my citizenship in another EU country and go back to my home country wasn't an option.
I have a bf (Irish) and we have a great relationship, we had plans of getting married after I finished my citizenship but now I'm not sure I'll be able to go and get it done, I'm 4 months pregnant and the process in the other country would take at least 6 months to be done and I would have to stay there during this whole time, he has a job and responsibilities here so he can't come with me, but Im also scared of being pregnant and alone in a new country that I don't even know the language, my child would have to be born there and that's not exactly what we want. He wants to be with me during my pregnancy so it would be great if we could stay here together.
Getting married is not an option due to the laws here and my situation with the visa (as far as I understand).
Does anyone know anything that we could do?
Thanks a million!
If you want to stay in Ireland legally I guess that the only route (at least now) will be "De Facto Partnership" but need to prove that you are in genuine long-term relationship with your Irish boyfriend and living together for the past 2 years.

The only problem is that INIS won't accept applications from non-EU nationals that are unlawfully present in the State (visa expired).

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/De ... ationships

Every case is different and there is a soon-to-be-Irish baby on the way, I guess you could try but highly likely that the application will be denied on the spot.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

irebra2019
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by irebra2019 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:40 pm

Thank you for the reply.
The problem is that we are not together that long so it's quite hard. And even if I leave the country and try to apply for the "De facto relationship" it will probably be denied because of the length of the time we are together.
It wasn't planned... But thankfully I have a good partner that supports and it's willing to do what's possible.
Just need to figure out what can be done.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:09 pm

irebra2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:40 pm
Thank you for the reply.
The problem is that we are not together that long so it's quite hard. And even if I leave the country and try to apply for the "De facto relationship" it will probably be denied because of the length of the time we are together.
It wasn't planned... But thankfully I have a good partner that supports and it's willing to do what's possible.
Just need to figure out what can be done.
Unfortunately there are no other options available for you in Ireland unless you get legally married.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:08 pm

You may be able to stay in Ireland legally so don’t give up!

Perhaps more senior members can shed more light but the following route may be an option for you:

My apologies but I’m assuming your Irish boyfriend is the father of your unborn child?

If Yes, make sure you don’t leave Ireland and stay under the radar of authorities until you’ve gone past the 7month of your pregnancy. After this period even if INIS somehow get hold of you, they won’t be able to remove you until the child is born.

Secondly, if your Irish boyfriend is as supportive as you suggest then he should come forward on the birth of your child and state he’s the father. This way the child gets Irish citizenship and you become the mother of an Irish child. At this point the child can’t be removed from the country and nor can you.

From this point onwards you both should then consider marriage to ensure you get permission to remain in the country.

A friend that I know did something very similar in the UK (different EU Country, same rules) and was successful in getting their now spouse legal status to remain in the country.

As one of the previous responders on this thread rightly stated, you must do what’s right and safe for your child no matter what

Hope above helps

Best of Luck