ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship – Good Character

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

British Citizenship – Good Character

Post by benbmxer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi people, (sorry i was writing my post and press submit by mistake...here it goes again)
First if all sorry if this has been asked millions of times before. I have gone through 30 pages of this subject/topic and couldn't make my mind with an answer. I have an idea but a confirmation from one of the gurus would very much put my mind at ease while doing my application.
I will be applying for BC next week (been with a PR card as family member of EEA citizen since July 16, I'm a non-EEA citizen living and working in uk legally since 2008) but I'm worried of rejection due to the following very unfortunate situation:

- In Feb 2015 I was arrested and taken to the police station on the grounds of a sexual offence I never committed! Someone reported my car as the "red car" they had seen 2 months or so before my arrest driven by the same "dark haired" person who would have done indecent exposure to them in the past. They gave my number plate and I was arrested next day while going to work and they let me go on bail for 2 months. Cutting the story short, the police dropped the case as this was a case of mistaken identity and of course they didn't find any evidence at all. I had what they call a "no further action" (NFA) and that was the end of it. No charge, no cautions, no reprimands, no warnings, nothing.

My worry now is that because of this my BC application could be rejected and I have the following questions that I hope you can help with please:

- should I disclose this in my application knowing that it had nothing to do with me, and as per what I can read here, the 3 years gap from the date of the arrest is long gone?
- how likely is this to affect my application if I do disclose it?
- I have not applied for my DBS check so I don't know what my records say. Will it show?

Just for the record, I've never ever had any involvement with the police or anything to do with the law.
Thank you in advance for your help and looking forward to read your comments.

wahi66
BANNED

Re: British Citizenship – Good Character

Post by wahi66 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:54 pm

benbmxer wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:36 pm
Hi people, (sorry i was writing my post and press submit by mistake...here it goes again)
First if all sorry if this has been asked millions of times before. I have gone through 30 pages of this subject/topic and couldn't make my mind with an answer. I have an idea but a confirmation from one of the gurus would very much put my mind at ease while doing my application.
I will be applying for BC next week (been with a PR card as family member of EEA citizen since July 16, I'm a non-EEA citizen living and working in uk legally since 2008) but I'm worried of rejection due to the following very unfortunate situation:

- In Feb 2015 I was arrested and taken to the police station on the grounds of a sexual offence I never committed! Someone reported my car as the "red car" they had seen 2 months or so before my arrest driven by the same "dark haired" person who would have done indecent exposure to them in the past. They gave my number plate and I was arrested next day while going to work and they let me go on bail for 2 months. Cutting the story short, the police dropped the case as this was a case of mistaken identity and of course they didn't find any evidence at all. I had what they call a "no further action" (NFA) and that was the end of it. No charge, no cautions, no reprimands, no warnings, nothing.

My worry now is that because of this my BC application could be rejected and I have the following questions that I hope you can help with please:

- should I disclose this in my application knowing that it had nothing to do with me,

does not matter weather you do or not but for peace of mind do it with COVER LETTER explanation you did here

and as per what I can read here, the 3 years gap from the date of the arrest is long gone?
- how likely is this to affect my application if I do disclose it?

zero likely

- I have not applied for my DBS check so I don't know what my records say. Will it show?

Just for the record, I've never ever had any involvement with the police or anything to do with the law.
Thank you in advance for your help and looking forward to read your comments.

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

Re: British Citizenship – Good Character

Post by benbmxer » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Thank you for the answer! Much appreciated