ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBR proof of residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Aston13
Newly Registered
Norway

FBR proof of residence

Post by Aston13 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Hey, everyone, first post for me on here, even though I have been trawling through these forums for a while.

I have been gathering everything for FBR for a while now, it involved tracking down my grandparent I have never met and dragging him to a notary to get his passport certified today :o .

I am finally on the last stage and can't wait to get my application sent. However, I am concerned about this part:
  • Three separate documents showing proof of residence e.g. utility bill, bank correspondence, government correspondence.
I have many letters from HMRC, pensions, SFE, employers etc. The concern is they are all 1-2+ years old. I have nothing newer than that and I can't find any further detail on dfe.ie. What date range for letters is typically accepted? Would newer letters be preferred or vice versa.

Cheers :D.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Re: FBR proof of residence

Post by PasadenaTom » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:23 am

I thought there was a requirement for recent proofs of address when I applied for FBR last April. But I can't find anything in my application form that says anything about that. The proofs of address that I did submit were less than six months old.

When I applied for my Irish passport in August, the instructions from the San Francisco Consulate indicated that I should submit "recent" proofs of address. Unfortunately, they did not define what was meant by "recent". But it seems to suggest that newer is preferred. Whether that holds true for FBR processing in Dublin, I can't say for certain. Nor can I say if they would consider a two year old document recent or too old.

I'd suggest you ask DFA via webchat or phone call. That might save you the headache of wondering if they will contact your for more information. Given the processing delays being reported, you might not get such a request for several months.

Aston13
Newly Registered
Norway

Post by Aston13 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:37 am

Hi, thanks for your reply. I can't see anywhere on my application form where it says 'recent' proof either. I've tried getting in contact via phone/webchat but they both seem to have been closed 'due to high volumes'. I don't really want to gamble sending the wrong documents and having my application delayed as a result, but I think I may not have a choice.

I've managed to find some online copies of letters that have been sent to me, it's exactly like the letters recieved, however they are missing the date and have Online Copy at the top of each page. Do you know if these would work?

Thanks

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:02 am

Aston13 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:37 am

I've managed to find some online copies of letters that have been sent to me, it's exactly like the letters recieved, however they are missing the date and have Online Copy at the top of each page. Do you know if these would work?
I don't know, and don't want to give you incorrect information. But, I thought someone might have asked about tonline/downloaded bills here in the last few months. Finding such a post (if my memory is even correct) could be a challenge.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Take a look at the post from IrishGem on 17 Feb 2018.

IrishGem reported that s/he was told by DFA that PDF printouts of proofs of address would be accepted. But proofs of address have to be less than six months old.

Aston13
Newly Registered
Norway

Post by Aston13 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:41 pm

PasadenaTom wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:52 pm
Take a look at the post from IrishGem on 17 Feb 2018.

IrishGem reported that s/he was told by DFA that PDF printouts of proofs of address would be accepted. But proofs of address have to be less than six months old.
Thanks so much for finding that for me PasadenaTom, I don't seem to be able to use the search function on here (<10 posts). I guess I'll give it a go with the online letters I have. I might even try sending 4 or 5 instead of the required 3, I can't see any harm in doing so and it might save alot of hassle if there's a problem with any of the 3.

PasadenaTom
United States of America

Post by PasadenaTom » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:23 am

Aston13 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:41 pm
... I don't seem to be able to use the search function on here (<10 posts).
That's odd. I would think that the people most in need of the search function are the newer members.

Hope you have smooth sailing with your application!