ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New FLR(M) Online application questions and responses

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brgajria
Newly Registered

New FLR(M) Online application questions and responses

Post by brgajria » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi Members,

I came to UK as Tier 1 (HSMP) PBS Dependant spouse. Switched to FLR(M) - 5 year route to settlement after my husband got ILR few months after i arrived in UK ( between March and June 2016). In October 2017 my husband got naturalised and is now a British citizen.

First arrived UK : 6 March 2016
Switch to FLR(M) in UK: start date: 22 Aug 2016
Current FLR(M) expiry: 22 Mar 2019

I am applying for extension now for remainder 2.5 yrs now that my FLR(M) visa is expiring. Since the form has moved online i have a few queries on how to answer certain questions. If members have had experience or a fair idea on below queries it will prove most helpful!

1. Time lived in the UK

Is it right to calculate from the very 1st entry i.e. 6 March 2016 or from reset of FLRM visa?

2. Have you been out of UK since you started living here? and provide Absence details

Do i need to provide my entire travel history of all my trips (mostly comprised of 2 week or short holidays at a time, every year my annual leave is mostly 25 - 30 days max and majority is spent outside of UK) also do we count weekends in the calculation?

3. If you are required to leave the UK which country would you go to ? Are there factors that would make it impossible to integrate and establish a private life in that country. Please explain fully (This is a 3 part question in one section) There is a similar question at the end of the form asking - Could you and your partner live outside UK if necessary. If not explain why.

Not sure how to respond to these two or what they are looking for. Our home country is India and we still have family there which we visit during holidays. Any ideas for this question?

4. Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities?
Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month

I do not pay any bills as such but mostly holiday flight tickets / hotel bookings are paid from my account and any tickets to attractions / monuments/ tours etc. what could be the best response as although i have joint utliity bills and council bills to show i cannot claim i pay for anything as everything goes from husbands account as a direct debit. twice a year i may have transferred a lump sum to my husbands account roughly 2-3k and labelled it as household expense / reimbursement so does that count?

5. Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

Do i select 'Yes' ? because its my extension.

6. Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type. (Required)

-First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
-Additional extension as a partner
-First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)
-You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa (not including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)
-You require more time to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirements to apply for settlement
-You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership
-You are applying for any other reason

I am confused between the 1st two options, as to which applies?

This is a long post but if any one has had a good idea about my queries i'll be highly grateful to members responses.

Regards
BG

Zeppi01

Re: New FLR(M) Online application questions and responses

Post by Zeppi01 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:04 am

2. Have you been out of UK since you started living here? and provide Absence details

Do i need to provide my entire travel history of all my trips (mostly comprised of 2 week or short holidays at a time, every year my annual leave is mostly 25 - 30 days max and majority is spent outside of UK) also do we count weekends in the calculation?

Yes for all trips outside UK. I assume HO will check against your passport stamps. You have to put date range, not add up days. Add reason, e.g. "Holiday in XXX country" I made it clear when I was on holiday with my partner

Disclaimer: I am not an expert, just had experience of successful FLR(M) application. Please do your own research

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:55 am

Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month

I do not pay any bills as such but mostly holiday flight tickets / hotel bookings are paid from my account and any tickets to attractions / monuments/ tours etc. what could be the best response as although i have joint utliity bills and council bills to show i cannot claim i pay for anything as everything goes from husbands account as a direct debit. twice a year i may have transferred a lump sum to my husbands account roughly 2-3k and labelled it as household expense / reimbursement so does that count?

Joint Bills - My theory is that anyone who is named on a bill has financial responsibility for its payment. Therefore you both have shared financial responsibility for these bills'

I would make up a Joint Responsibility PDF as evidence, showing whatever is applicable e.g.
- bills in both your names
- joint bank accounts (for bill payment and or savings)
- evidence (bank statement lines / bank transfer info / receipts) of single / other relevant payments / transfers that you have made (relating to your relationship e.g. both your flights / hotel etc)

Write covering text as you wrote above.
-Joint financial responsibility for payment of some bills. Husband currently paying main bills and you contribute financially towards other expenses e.g. travel
- Other info.

Just be honest.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert. Please don't rely on anything I have written. Please do your own research.

brgajria
Newly Registered

Post by brgajria » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:08 pm

Thanks Zeppi01..! if any other members can help on these queries it will e helpful!

brgajria
Newly Registered

Post by brgajria » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:29 pm

Dear members, can anyone provide any insight to my other queries for the FLRM questions?

brgajria
Newly Registered

Post by brgajria » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 pm

brgajria wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:12 pm
Hi Members,

I came to UK as Tier 1 (HSMP) PBS Dependant spouse. Switched to FLR(M) - 5 year route to settlement after my husband got ILR few months after i arrived in UK ( between March and June 2016). In October 2017 my husband got naturalised and is now a British citizen.

First arrived UK : 6 March 2016
Switch to FLR(M) in UK: start date: 22 Aug 2016
Current FLR(M) expiry: 22 Mar 2019

I am applying for extension now for remainder 2.5 yrs now that my FLR(M) visa is expiring. Since the form has moved online i have a few queries on how to answer certain questions. If members have had experience or a fair idea on below queries it will prove most helpful!

1. Time lived in the UK

Is it right to calculate from the very 1st entry i.e. 6 March 2016 or from reset of FLRM visa?

3. If you are required to leave the UK which country would you go to ? Are there factors that would make it impossible to integrate and establish a private life in that country. Please explain fully (This is a 3 part question in one section) There is a similar question at the end of the form asking - Could you and your partner live outside UK if necessary. If not explain why.

Not sure how to respond to these two or what they are looking for. Our home country is India and we still have family there which we visit during holidays. Any ideas for this question?

5. Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?

6. Please choose the reason you are applying for an extension, this includes if you are switching to a partner visa from another type. (Required)

-First extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person)
-First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)
-You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa and have not yet completed the required amount of time on a partner visa (not including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)
-You require more time to meet the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirements to apply for settlement
-You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil partnership

This is a long post but if any one has had a good idea about my queries i'll be highly grateful to members responses.

Regards
BG

brgajria
Newly Registered

Post by brgajria » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi Members,

can i get any advice on my query if anyone can help it will be highly appreciated!

brgajria
Newly Registered

Post by brgajria » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Hello Moderators/ members..

Could someone urgently shed some light on my remaining queries as i intend to make the application tonight online.

Also i intend to take the Super priority service and scan my documents online in advance. Does my Husband need to come with me to the centre? Is it a requirement?

Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:52 pm

Also i intend to take the Super priority service and scan my documents online in advance. Does my Husband need to come with me to the centre? Is it a requirement?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Riori

Post by Riori » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:22 pm

brgajria wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:30 pm
brgajria wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi, I am unsure to the answers to your questions but can shed some light as to what I am putting and maybe someone else can say if any of it is specifically wrong.

1. Time lived in the UK

I calculated from the time I entered the UK in 2012 not from my first spouse visa. Reason: Because without explanation from them, that is when I started living in the UK not 4 years later on my spouse visa.

I put in every time I left the UK and came back since I moved here, which has only been around 6 times. You need to put any time you exist the UK and come back.

I found this question a bit odd, as I of course could go back to my home country but my husband couldnt? so I would not leave him, so in reality we would not go there and would try with alot of difficulty to find somewhere else to go. I said this, and also that I do not like my home country or feel comfortable there and so I would not reintegrate well or have a private life due to the fact that UK has been my home for 7 years and where I chose to move to.

As someone said above. I basically wrote what bills etc are in our joint names. Our joint bank account and that even though my husband is the only one earning, it is both our responsibility e.g if my name is on a bill and suddenly he cannot work, I am held equally responsible to pay it by the company and so would need to find a job and pay it.

I am not 100% sure on this and would be great if someone else could maybe answer. But so far I have put No, because I applied for fiancee and first partner route with my husband so to me it is not the first time??

I got an answer to this the other day, It is the first option! Additional is for if you are in 10 year route etc.

None of what I said may apply to you but I have tried to help best I can, I am applying in two weeks and have tried my best to figure out what HO wants.

Regards
BG