ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused about required documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

michalina1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Confused about required documents

Post by michalina1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi,
I started to fill my application in November and on the end I had shortlist of what paperwork is required from me. Slowly I took the test life in UK, got all the p60, payslips, found referees, etc.
Now... I opened back my application few day ago and my checklist has changed ...
Required documents to prove my presence are:
Letter from employer, educational establishments or other government departments.

Nothing about p60 or payslip....
I checked the guide and it still says p60, wageslip allowed.
So I rang helpline and I have been told than I cannot provide p60, wageslip only what is shortlisted. When I mentioned guide lady told me in quite rude manner that paper application is different to online application and I should not use this guide as it is only for paper applications. When I said it is linked to this guide on my shortlist she repeated now very annoyed that only documents listed are allowed.
So I don't understand how paper application have different requirements to online applications?
I rang 3 other times to check whether she was just uninformed and all people told me the same that I cannot use p60 or payslip. Only letter from employer that states start and end day of employment...

Has anyone came across this nonsense? What is the right answer? :?:

Ps. I'm eea citizen

ElDiablo
BANNED

Re: Confused about required documents

Post by ElDiablo » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 pm

Where did you see any mention of payslips or P60? What guide are you talking about?

I did my application in November and saw no mention of payslips or P60 whatsoever and used a letter from employer. Had my ceremony few weeks ago.

michalina1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by michalina1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:44 am

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... en-form-an

Guide AN, page 16

Applications made on the basis of residence in the United Kingdom
Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil
partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application
• Your passports
• If you are unable to provide your passport explain why on page 22 and supply
letters from employers (including start and finish dates), payslips, P60s,
educational establishments or other government departments indicating the
applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period
If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom, for example
because you have a right of abode in the United Kingdom or you are a national of the
“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus” or Taiwan, you must send your passport and
also provide alternative evidence of residence as above. If you are an EEA national,
you must additionally provide the information listed below.

I do not provide passport as I provide Polish ID card.

Can you tell me what was exactly in the letter from employer? I only need to cover first 3 months of qualifying period as after that I went self employed.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:39 am

Can you tell me what was exactly in the letter from employer? I only need to cover first 3 months of qualifying period as after that I went self employed.
Letter from your employer (for AN use) should state your name, current or past role, employed from/to dates - employer only needs to confirm you have been employed by them, it's not a reference..
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:22 pm

I have used P60 for both my husband and me and application has been approved at the end of January, they have not asked for anything else. You will be fine with them don't worry.

michalina1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Poland

Post by michalina1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:18 pm

What did your shortlist say?
Did you do online or paper application?

Hioru

Post by Hioru » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:43 pm

Not sure if this helps.
I applied online using the old service.

I posted 45 payslips for the period being an employee, and a degree certificate with a letter from the university showing the dates of study for the period being a student.
Applied in December, approved in February.

Payslips were the most convenient for me because I already had every single payslip since after graduating university. With employee letters I would have to chase 3 companies, 1 of which doesn't exist anymore, and inconvenience them (they are small companies) to write something for someone who doesn't work for them any longer. I'm glad the payslips were accepted.

ilrmumbai
India

Post by ilrmumbai » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:41 pm

Hi,

Is letter from Employer necessary if applied online & booked appointment for Biometric documents upload?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:08 pm

ilrmumbai wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:41 pm
Hi,

Is letter from Employer necessary if applied online & booked appointment for Biometric documents upload?
Not required for no EU citizens who came through UK immigration rules and hold ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.