ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse settlement supporting

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hj24
Newly Registered

UK spouse settlement supporting

Post by hj24 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:20 pm

We were made aware at the VFS Hyderabad, India that They don't scan the documents and have advise my wife to send the supporting documents to the UK and send them personally at the Sheffield VAC.
As I sheffield is close to me I went to the UKVI Sheffield centre in Millsands.
There were three doors and all guarded by security and but no information services are provided. Instead they gave me gov.uk link and email address to write to and telephone number to call.
I am not sure now as where to submit the Supporting documents to. Should I submit to the PO box address of to the newly listed centre address as on VFS website.
Anyone who experienced this and had manage to get a solution. please share it here and advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK spouse settlement supporting

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:24 pm

You have to POST the documents. You cannot drop them off in person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:55 pm

today my wife went to VFS HYD to apply ILR dependent visa and told to submit supported documents in person by sponsor in-person in Sheffield or even sending document from hyd to Sheffield office, sponsor has to attend in-person (for what i have no idea ) and this rule has been changed 2 weeks back. they haven't provided full information.

but on gov.co.uk mentioned that all supported documents should send by post and haven't seen any rule that sponsor should attend in Sheffield office.

its completely confusing me right now.

okay to attend but what are the steps do i need to follow?
how should i get appointment?
what is the purpose?

if any one face same please share your experience

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:59 pm

haryharsan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:55 pm
today my wife went to VFS HYD to apply ILR dependent visa and told to submit supported documents in person by sponsor in-person in Sheffield or even sending document from hyd to Sheffield office, sponsor has to attend in-person (for what i have no idea ) and this rule has been changed 2 weeks back. they haven't provided full information.

but on gov.co.uk mentioned that all supported documents should send by post and haven't seen any rule that sponsor should attend in Sheffield office.

what is the purpose?

It is not at the HO Sheffield office. It is at on the new UKCVAS service points most likely, for which an appointment is probably needed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:01 pm

hj24 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:20 pm
We were made aware at the VFS Hyderabad, India that They don't scan the documents and have advise my wife to send the supporting documents to the UK and send them personally at the Sheffield VAC.
As I sheffield is close to me I went to the UKVI Sheffield centre in Millsands.
There were three doors and all guarded by security and but no information services are provided. Instead they gave me gov.uk link and email address to write to and telephone number to call.
I am not sure now as where to submit the Supporting documents to. Should I submit to the PO box address of to the newly listed centre address as on VFS website.
Anyone who experienced this and had manage to get a solution. please share it here and advise.
hello mate, if you found any info please do let me know.

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:59 pm
haryharsan wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:55 pm

what is the purpose?

It is not at the HO Sheffield office. It is at on the new UKCVAS service points most likely, for which an appointment is probably needed.
apologies,
should sponsor needs to attend even tho sending supported documents to PO BOX Sheffield from India?
I am not clear about this " why, where and How? "

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:30 pm

if documents are POSTED, then NO, no one needs to attend anything as they have already been posted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm

spoke to the UKVI customers enquiry line today.
They have mentioned that from 1st march they are not accepting by post.
so Have to go in person to your nearest VFS listed places and submit to scan and take the originals back.

I have made plans to visit the nearest next week.

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:25 pm

hj24 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:01 pm
spoke to the UKVI customers enquiry line today.
They have mentioned that from 1st march they are not accepting by post.
so Have to go in person to your nearest VFS listed places and submit to scan and take the originals back.

I have made plans to visit the nearest next week.
Thanks very much.

Did you get appointment and how much it cost? please let me know

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:08 pm

Hi everyone,

To get answers to all your questions on the new process rolled out by the UK Home office, UKVI and VFS. Please refer to the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... -documents

It's a shame that VFS guys are not fully aware of the new process as of now. I also attended the Biometrics at VFS Hyderabad on 5th Feb 2019, they also told me that the sponsor has to visit UKVI Sheffield 'In-Person' to get the documents scanned. This is totally incorrect information.

The actual process which we followed was:

After my biometrics appointment I sent all my documents to my wife (sponsor) in UK. She then visited the London centre of VFS (mentioned in the link) today to get all the documents scanned at a fee of GBP 75. The fee can be paid by cash or debit card.

The most surprising part is, even VFS London is also not fully aware of this new change. When my wife showed them their own website claiming the new process, then only they found out about this. The scanning process is lengthy and is taking 2-3 Hrs per application. Please arrange all your documents as per VFS barcode separators to save some time there.

After scanning they will return all your supporting documents to your sponsor. Only the scan images of documents will now go to UKVI. I guess this is new process to avoid all the hassles with physical documents.

Note: There is NO appointment needed to visit these VFS centres for Scanning the Documents. Sponsor can directly walk in.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:43 pm

inderjeet101 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:08 pm
Hi everyone,

To get answers to all your questions on the new process rolled out by the UK Home office, UKVI and VFS. Please refer to the link below:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/in/en/vacs/ ... -documents

It's a shame that VFS guys are not fully aware of the new process as of now. I also attended the Biometrics at VFS Hyderabad on 5th Feb 2019, they also told me that the sponsor has to visit UKVI Sheffield 'In-Person' to get the documents scanned. This is totally incorrect information.

The actual process which we followed was:

After my biometrics appointment I sent all my documents to my wife (sponsor) in UK. She then visited the London centre of VFS (mentioned in the link) today to get all the documents scanned at a fee of GBP 75. The fee can be paid by cash or debit card.

The most surprising part is, even VFS London is also not fully aware of this new change. When my wife showed them their own website claiming the new process, then only they found out about this. The scanning process is lengthy and is taking 2-3 Hrs per application. Please arrange all your documents as per VFS barcode separators to save some time there.

After scanning they will return all your supporting documents to your sponsor. Only the scan images of documents will now go to UKVI. I guess this is new process to avoid all the hassles with physical documents.

Note: There is NO appointment needed to visit these VFS centres for Scanning the Documents. Sponsor can directly walk in.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks
thanks a lot. now its crystal clear
it is very helpful information.

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Many Thanks. This what has been told to me today over the phone. Did they scan all the documents like what’s chats,photos and other misc?
Do share please.
I hope all goes well for me next week.

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:33 am

hj24 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 pm
Many Thanks. This what has been told to me today over the phone. Did they scan all the documents like what’s chats,photos and other misc?
Do share please.
Yes, they scanned all the documents in order.

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 am

Thank you Inderjeet. I will post my experience after submitting.

ztx_91
Newly Registered

Post by ztx_91 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 am

On my application confirmation letter for Biometrics, it says to post my documents to the Sheffield address. Should I just follow that or do I have to follow the new system now, so confused..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:48 am

ztx_91 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:26 am
On my application confirmation letter for Biometrics, it says to post my documents to the Sheffield address. Should I just follow that or do I have to follow the new system now, so confused..
Follow exactly whatever your letter is saying to do.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:26 pm

inderjeet101 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:33 am
hj24 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:27 pm
Do share please.
Yes, they scanned all the documents in order.
Inderjeet, did you have to submit your photograph along with supporting documents?

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:48 pm

for document scanning and send to UKVI in UK, should i go VFS only or i can use UKVCAS?
application dropped and bio-metrics given at VFS, HYD

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm

My Wife has posted all the her supporting documents to me and I would be going to the listed vFS centres and submit for scanning.

hj24
Newly Registered

Post by hj24 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi Guys,
I have been to the leicester VFS centre where they scanned all the original documents at a cost of £75.
They said you cannot post it to the PO box address anymore.
Hope this helps.
All the best.

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Today i have been to VFS London and done Support Documents scanning process.
entire process took 2hrs to complete.
for the cost £75

inderjeet101
Mood:
India

Post by inderjeet101 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:45 pm

hj24 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:58 pm
Hi Guys,
I have been to the leicester VFS centre where they scanned all the original documents at a cost of £75.
They said you cannot post it to the PO box address anymore.
Hope this helps.
All the best.
Thats good to know. This is such an important step in the spouse visa process. The HO, UKVI and VFS should put out information clearly. I was totally confused when my local VFS people told me about the new process. They were all cluless, I had to find out about this process on my own.

Anyways, all the best.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Seems like a very newish system has been introduced to keep everything paperless. Always make sure that the staff there correctly and completely scan all documents. Desireably this system issue some kind of receipt as what has been successfully scanned & sent.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

uaana
Newly Registered
India

Post by uaana » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 am

haryharsan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm
for the cost £75
Hi Haryharsan,

Thank you for sharing your update, it has indeed been very helpful. My husband who is sponsoring my settlement visa is a British citizen living in Sheffield and it appears as though the nearest VFS centre for him is in Manchester. I have my bio metrics appointment in India on the 20th of this month. Do I have to inform VFS /VAC that my husband will be submitting the supporting document in the UK before my appointment date or do I do so on the day of my appointment ? I would be grateful if you kindly let me know if there is a deadline on submitting the supporting documents by the sponsor in the Uk after I the bio metric appointment in India? Also , will my husband have to carry some barcode for the supporting documents when he visit VFS -Manchester ? Sorry , it might seems as though I am asking a lot of questions in one go , I am just trying gain more clarity as it seems impossible to get any guidance from VFS, UKVI and HO.

haryharsan
Mood:
India

Post by haryharsan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:06 pm

uaana wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:21 am
haryharsan wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:04 pm
for the cost £75
Hi Haryharsan,

Thank you for sharing your update, it has indeed been very helpful. My husband who is sponsoring my settlement visa is a British citizen living in Sheffield and it appears as though the nearest VFS centre for him is in Manchester. I have my bio metrics appointment in India on the 20th of this month. Do I have to inform VFS /VAC that my husband will be submitting the supporting document in the UK before my appointment date or do I do so on the day of my appointment ? I would be grateful if you kindly let me know if there is a deadline on submitting the supporting documents by the sponsor in the Uk after I the bio metric appointment in India? Also , will my husband have to carry some barcode for the supporting documents when he visit VFS -Manchester ? Sorry , it might seems as though I am asking a lot of questions in one go , I am just trying gain more clarity as it seems impossible to get any guidance from VFS, UKVI and HO.
i am not sure whether you can submit supporting documents before bio-metrics because they have asked me did applicant has given their bio-metrics or not.
my advise best to submit after bio-metric appointment.

document needs to submit within 10 working days (priority service) or 20 days (normal service)

Sponsor should carry first page of online application where bar code exists on that page.

my experience with VFS on document scanning and send to UKVI:

on the day, i walked-in( no need any appointment) to VFS-London along with supporting original documents. sponsor has to carry all documents in order(to save some time) and all documents should be in A4 size. if any documents other that A4 size needs to get printout( ex: marriage certificate, TB certificate, Marriage ceremony photos, degree certificates, etc,. or any documents which are bit ticker than normal).

Document scanning process cost you £75 per application.
print out cost you 50p per page in VFS
so my recommendation, take set of print out of all original documents

entire process approx.. 2hrs

i hope you got all necessary information on new process.

good luck.