ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport check and send at post office

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

be123+

Return of documents for applying passport

Post by be123+ » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi.

I am wondering whether anybody knows the difference between "secure delivery" which an extra £5 is different from normal one?

Would the documents still be sent by DX or Royalmail?

and is that necessary?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Return of documents for applying passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Secure delivery is usually a RM Special Delivery envelope and not normal 1st/2nd class post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

be123+

passport check and send at post office

Post by be123+ » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:49 pm

hi.

What is the difference between check and send at post office and send it directly by special delivery?

Is there any difference or make it difference if it was sent by check and send?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: passport check and send at post office

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:51 pm

Check and send they check the form and documents and send it special delivery on your behalf.

Makes no difference which way you apply.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

be123+

Post by be123+ » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Thanks for your reply and appreciate it for your help.

Konsog

Re: Return of documents for applying passport

Post by Konsog » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:46 pm

be123+ wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:10 pm
Hi.

I am wondering whether anybody knows the difference between "secure delivery" which an extra £5 is different from normal one?

Would the documents still be sent by DX or Royalmail?

and is that necessary?

Thank you.
I did this the other day. The extra £5 is for receving your supporting documentation (e.g. passports, naturalisation certificate) back from HMPO via secure delivery as opposed to second class post.

The fee for sending the documents is included in the check service (i.e. in the £9.95 fee they charge at the Post Office).

be123+

Post by be123+ » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:32 pm

Here’s what I think about passport and check at the post office.

1. It will cost you £9.75 and they will check your form. It will be stamped and dated that the form has been checked. It will be sent directly through their internal post to the HM passport and if you notice it will not be post with the stamps as it’s done internally.

2. You can send your form by special delivery and will cost you £6.50.

Here’s the tricky thing about this. I am sure if most of you are capable to fill and check the form without asking this service as it’s just easier than filling tenth of pages of other application form but the thing is you will be not allowed to pay the passport directly to the post office unless you use the service.

If you were to send it by special delivery. Then you would have to send cheque or postal order which is from the booklet and it will cost you more than the different from special delivery and post office send and check fee.

Return of documents would be sent through DX if you pay another £5 and make sure that you need 1 payments as I’ve heard if you have multiple supporting documents. The post office will charge you more than 1. So £5 is per delivery.

The bottom line is I know that it maybe quicker to use passport send and check than sending it yourself as the HM Passport office will see whether the application is paid or not. There’s a receipt which is put together in your form if it’s paid through the post office. Othwerwise they will have to clear the payments first before processing your application.

Just use passport send and check if it happens to use the form or it doesn’t make sense economically and time wise than sending it yourself.

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:05 am

Why you don t do it online? Payment is instant, same for confirmation, you are only showed questions relevant to you and you take a picture with your phone to upload. Very easy and quick. There is the option for secure delivery of documents and you pay together with the application which online is cheaper, and then you are given a list of what you can send and you can use special delivery. On top of cheaper I have found it very convenient and quick. Then you can track progress of application online as well.