ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner claiming benefits - does it affects my application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Partner claiming benefits - does it affects my application

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:46 pm

My partner wants to get some benefits while she is looking after our newborn child (she was fired by her employer once she became pregnant as she was in her probationary period, so no maternity leave).

Does her taking the benefits (universal credit and child benefit) might have negative impact onto my British nationality application? I was told that history of claiming benefits has an impact on Good Character, does the fact that parter is taking benefits has also an impact? I never been on any benefits myself and I have a corporate job, BA and MSc degrees from british unis.

If that may help, the child has British nationality.
Last edited by DUSTDEVIL on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Partner claiming benefits - does it affects my application

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:48 pm

You were told wrong. Claiming benefits has no impact on British citizenship application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DUSTDEVIL
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Partner claiming benefits - does it affects my application

Post by DUSTDEVIL » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:48 pm
You were told wrong. Claiming benefits has no impact on British citizenship application.
Oh wow, my whole life is a lie :) Thank you for the prompt response!