ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New changes for Stamp 3 holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ko_Mj
Newly Registered
Korea South

New changes for Stamp 3 holder

Post by Ko_Mj » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:34 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/re ... it-holders

For the details for changes, please check above.

I just wonder about my cases.

-My husband is holding a stamp 4(5 years long term resdence)
- I’m currently holding a stamp 3 as a spouse of stamp 4
- I am just granted ‘Dependant/Partner Employment permit’ (literally got permit letter today dated by 06/03/19)
- So I was going to make an appointment to change my status from Stamp 3 to Stamp 1, then I heard the news.
- I know that this changes is not for the spouse for general workpermit holder. But what about spouse of stamp 4?

By the way congrats for all stamp 3 who is clearly included! I know it’s was very tough time and ridiculous!

Would you mind give me any advice please? I’m very confused tho...

nosunshine
Newly Registered
India

Re: New changes for Stamp 3 holder

Post by nosunshine » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:21 am

I have same question as above.

I cannot get any official response on this query. DBEI suggested I contact INIS and I am getting no response from them.

Anyone managed to get any clarification on this? Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:22 pm

The policy covers critical skills employment permit holders’ spouses only. If your husband previously held a CSEP and is now on Stamp 4 on the basis of working for the same job that requires critical skills, you should be eligible as well (although there is no official wording on this yet).

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm

You should be ok, all you need to do is wait a little till the new ruling takes proper effect.
There is a Stamp 3 Ireland group on a social network that you can join (it was them who heavily advocated for this change) and check if anyone else in this situation got a change in their stamp. Best of luck!

Ko_Mj
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Ko_Mj » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:22 pm

nosunshine wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:21 am
I have same question as above.

I cannot get any official response on this query. DBEI suggested I contact INIS and I am getting no response from them.

Anyone managed to get any clarification on this? Thanks.
I am thinking to go INIS to get some advise whithin next week while waiting for my IRP appointment! I will keep updating! Would you mind to post on this forum whatever you have got responds?
Thanks!

Ko_Mj
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Ko_Mj » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:25 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:22 pm
The policy covers critical skills employment permit holders’ spouses only. If your husband previously held a CSEP and is now on Stamp 4 on the basis of working for the same job that requires critical skills, you should be eligible as well (although there is no official wording on this yet).
My husband previously held general work permit (15 years ago😂), then now has his own business(limited company). Hm... I think I have to wait until they have details! Thank you!

Ko_Mj
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Ko_Mj » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:27 pm

Jordans wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm
You should be ok, all you need to do is wait a little till the new ruling takes proper effect.
There is a Stamp 3 Ireland group on a social network that you can join (it was them who heavily advocated for this change) and check if anyone else in this situation got a change in their stamp. Best of luck!
Oh thank you so much! I remember I have read about them on news articles.
Thanks in advance!

Ko_Mj
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by Ko_Mj » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi, all. Just for updates.
I went to Dublin Immigration for asking the advice as above.

I was told that this change is only for a spouse of high-skilled work permit holder(stamp1). Also, a spouse of stamp 4 holder who was used to hold high killed work permit.

But it seems like they have a considering about other stamps 3 too. So I was told that come back with my husband on my appointment day(it's the end of April) and bring all of his documents from his first general work permit, long term residence approvement letter and stuffs...

I'm just going to relax a bit and take my time. Will see until the end of April, Hopefully, I could have more options.

Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by 001 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:54 am

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER:

Call me cynical, but I think the new Stamp 3 to Stamp 1G policy is a way to reduce the time unemployed/dependent spouses can stay in the country without working. The maximum time you can remain in Ireland under Stamp 1G without working is 7 years. There is no such limitation for holders of the Stamp 3 permit. Today, you have the choice to change from Stamp 3 to Stamp 1G, but as of 1 April 2019 Stamp 1G becomes mandatory for spouses, and those who need to renew their Stamp 3 permit will automatically be converted to the Stamp 1G. It is currently unclear whether the 7-year limit would include the time you were in Ireland on the Stamp 3, but this is the way it works for students, who are the usual recipients of Stamp 1G. If you are on a Stamp 3 and you don’t need to work (because your spouse is the primary earner), you might consider staying on Stamp 3 as long as you can.

Good luck to you all.