ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after online application but before appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Travelling after online application but before appointment

Post by adlrose » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi there,

I've searched this forum but haven't seen a topic quite similar to this.

My current FLR M expires on April 9th.

I have submitted my online application for FLR (M) extension after having completed 2.5 years. Submitted my application today (March 6th) however my premium Sopia Seria appointment isn't until the 23rd of March, 2.5 weeks from now. Presumably, I won't have to upload all of my documents until a few days before that.

Now, I travel quite a bit for my job and am now supposed to jump on a last minute trip next week for 3 days (11th-13th). Can I do this and travel outside the UK after I have submitted my online application but before my in-person meeting where I hand over my passport and BRP?

I'll still have my passport and BRP next week (a full week before my appointment) so technically I can travel but wasn't sure if there were any rules about the BRP after the online application is submitted.

Thank you so much for the help!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Travelling after online application but before appointment

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:45 pm

I guess no issue because your application is not yet completed and you still have valid leave. However, once biometrics & documents being submitted then you certainly can't travel to keep your application valid.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 pm

My wife went to her non-priority appointment at a Sopra Steria centre last week and they took a scan of her passport and her biometrics.

They returned her passport and nor did they check any of her original documents (we scanned them online beforehand)

Therefore could you actually travel even after your current 9th April visa expiry, as whilst an application is being considered your existing rights remain in place? Perhaps an experienced member can confirm.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:18 pm

ariamus wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 pm
My wife went to her non-priority appointment at a Sopra Steria centre last week and they took a scan of her passport and her biometrics.

They returned her passport and nor did they check any of her original documents (we scanned them online beforehand)

Therefore could you actually travel even after your current 9th April visa expiry, as whilst an application is being considered your existing rights remain in place? Perhaps an experienced member can confirm.
If you leave the UK and your visa expires, there is NO Section 3c protection,which only applies while in the UK. The person will also not be able to re enter the UK if their visa is expired and their pending application will be considered withdrawn.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:18 pm
ariamus wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:31 pm

If you leave the UK and your visa expires, there is NO Section 3c protection,which only applies while in the UK. The person will also not be able to re enter the UK if their visa is expired and their pending application will be considered withdrawn.
Yeah, no, I definitely won't be travelling after I've submitted my documents in 2.5 weeks or, if it's still in consideration, after my expiry date if I don't have my documents back.

Just trying to travel post-online application but pre-Sopia appointment.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Thanks so much everyone, for the help,

I just realised, that I of course, submitted all of my travel history but won't have been able to have put this week's work trip in the application I made last week, since the trip was booked after I submitted my online application. Will that be an issue? Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:16 pm

adlrose wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:57 pm
Thanks so much everyone, for the help,

I just realised, that I of course, submitted all of my travel history but won't have been able to have put this week's work trip in the application I made last week, since the trip was booked after I submitted my online application. Will that be an issue? Thanks.
During your appointment you should let the staff aware about your current travel plan so that they/you can manually write it down on the form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks so much, Seagul and everyone for their help.

Apologies, I've got another issue, a few days before my super priority/biometric appointment, and as I'm uploading my documents online. It's related to this topic of travel.

Context for this question:
- Moved to the UK in 2013 as a student, then switched to Tier 5 in 2014-2016, all on an old passport which expired in 2015 (and got a new passport in 2015)
- FLR M began in September 2016 where I used my current passport (and showed my old passport for reference, as it had my old visas in it)
- For this first extension in 2019, I'm still using my current passport which I got in 2015, a year before my first FLR M application

Now, I thought my current passport would be the only relevant one for this application but I realise that having to detail when I moved to the UK (2013) and every time I've left for a holiday or work-related trip, includes all travel from 2013-2015 which pertains to my old passport. Do I need to show or submit this as well? Even though it expired well before my first FLR application?

I presume they've got everything on file, but I just realised that the online application never asked in detail what prior immigration status I was on before FLR M in 2016? Only asked when I moved here. But since I've said I moved here in 2013 and detailed my old travel history before FLR M, will I need to make it clear what visas I was on and submit my old passport as well?

My main issue now is that I can't find my old passport that expired in 2015, and initially wasn't worried about it as the application never stipulated bringing old passports.

I am already writing a cover letter to let them know about my March 2019 work trip that wasn't mentioned on my online application (the above topic in this thread), should I also write about my lost old passport that contains my old visa and old travel history that is referenced in the online application?

Sorry if this is confusing, but I'm a few days out and starting to get worried again.

Thanks for all your help!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:47 pm

adlrose wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am

Apologies, I've got another issue, a few days before my super priority/biometric appointment, and as I'm uploading my documents online. It's related to this topic of travel.

- Moved to the UK in 2013 as a student, then switched to Tier 5 in 2014-2016, all on an old passport which expired in 2015 (and got a new passport in 2015)
- FLR M began in September 2016 where I used my current passport (and showed my old passport for reference, as it had my old visas in it)
- For this first extension in 2019, I'm still using my current passport which I got in 2015, a year before my first FLR M application

Now, I thought my current passport would be the only relevant one for this application but I realise that having to detail when I moved to the UK (2013) and every time I've left for a holiday or work-related trip, includes all travel from 2013-2015 which pertains to my old passport. Do I need to show or submit this as well? Even though it expired well before my first FLR application?

I presume they've got everything on file, but I just realised that the online application never asked in detail what prior immigration status I was on before FLR M in 2016? Only asked when I moved here. But since I've said I moved here in 2013 and detailed my old travel history before FLR M, will I need to make it clear what visas I was on and submit my old passport as well?

My main issue now is that I can't find my old passport that expired in 2015, and initially wasn't worried about it as the application never stipulated bringing old passports.

I am already writing a cover letter to let them know about my March 2019 work trip that wasn't mentioned on my online application (the above topic in this thread), should I also write about my lost old passport that contains my old visa and old travel history that is referenced in the online application?

Sorry if this is confusing, but I'm a few days out and starting to get worried again.

All application forms always ask about the current and previous passports, therefore, all of these should be attached unless one of them cannot be attached due to being lost/stolen. In case of lost or stolen it should be reported to police and relevant issuing authorities too.

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:48 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:47 pm
adlrose wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am

All application forms always ask about the current and previous passports, therefore, all of these should be attached unless one of them cannot be attached due to being lost/stolen. In case of lost or stolen it should be reported to police and relevant issuing authorities too.
Oh dear, thanks Seagul! Even an old expired passport would need to be reported?

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:01 am

Sorry, I meant to add to ask about whether I'd really report a lost old passport that expired long before my FLR M time period from 2016?

I can't even find any relevant information for reporting old passports as usually, it's about losing current passports.

Is this not something I could explain to the caseworker? Given that it only pertains to my travel history prior to my first FLR M application?

adlrose
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by adlrose » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:32 am

I also realise that in relation to this, I answered: 'When did you first enter the UK?' as my student visa entry date in 2013 vs. the start date for my FLR M in 2016 (I've been living continuously here since 2013 between student, YMS and FLR M).

If that is wrong, can I fix this at the appointment or add it to my cover letter?

Thanks again

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:19 pm

adlrose wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:01 am
Sorry, I meant to add to ask about whether I'd really report a lost old passport that expired long before my FLR M time period from 2016?

I can't even find any relevant information for reporting old passports as usually, it's about losing current passports.

Is this not something I could explain to the caseworker? Given that it only pertains to my travel history prior to my first FLR M application?
In my view even the passport is expired but if lost/stolen then must be reported.