ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of living in the UK - EEA with PR for 5 years + 1 year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anamariap
Newly Registered
Romania

Proof of living in the UK - EEA with PR for 5 years + 1 year

Post by anamariap » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:40 am

Hi,

Can someone please help with some advice? I am doing the online application and have a question about the proof of residence. At the end of the form it states the following:
If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period
[...]
Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you have been living in the UK.
My situation is I did not work nor was self employed over the last few years. What types of documents can I provide?
  • I have council tax bills for each year.
    Possibly some letter from NHS/GP
    Letter from the electoral registry
    TV Licence bills
    Letters regarding my previous UKBA applications (such as the letter where they granted me PR 1 year ago).
Any thoughts? Was anyone in the same situation (housewife with no HMRC communication?)

Thank you for your help!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Proof of living in the UK - EEA with PR for 5 years + 1 year

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:58 am

Council tax bills covering the five years (up to the date of application) should be sufficient.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.