ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geriatrix

Re: Showed FD +SB for maintainance:Got Tier 1(Fresh applicat

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:02 pm

This is quite useful information for all future applicants.
sharbt_hvr wrote:This is what I got from Visa office,
I submitted same and got visa valid for 3 years.

A fixed deposit is only acceptable if it is accompanied by a current and original letter from the issuing bank stating that these funds have been held by you for longer than three months, and that they can be immediately encashed at a stated value . You must show the equivalent of £2800.
View OP here.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ganeshptrk

VFS Bangalore address

Post by ganeshptrk » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi,
I have schedule an appointment for Tier 1 on 16-Jun at Bangalore VFS. I am new to Bangalore. Can anyone guide me how to reach VFS...? I know it is on Infantry Road.. Any nearest landmarks...?

Thanks
Ganesh

vividprose
Newly Registered

Re: VFS Bangalore address

Post by vividprose » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:55 pm

[quote="ganeshptrk"]Hi,
I have schedule an appointment for Tier 1 on 16-Jun at Bangalore VFS. I am new to Bangalore. Can anyone guide me how to reach VFS...? I know it is on Infantry Road.. Any nearest landmarks...?

Thanks
Ganesh[/quote]

Hi Ganesh
You can get to Infantry Road by picking any BMTC bus that goes to shivajinagar. Infantry Road is part of shivajinagar. Its a major bus station and you won't have difficulty finding one. Alternately, if you can get to MG Road, you can easily find an auto (its not more than 5-6 km from MG Road).
-vividprose

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:33 pm

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:50 pm Post subject: Hi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Again it's from me.

I have scheduled the appointment on 16th June at BLR VFS. I am prepared for everything, except for onething.

I have a big doubt on source of Maintenance funds. I have been maintaining over and above 2800 pounds for the last 3 months. In the middle of this period, there was some considerable amount credited into my account. Do I have to provide an explanation for this...? Even without this credit I am able to meet the maintenance funds requirements.

Please help me on this.

Thanks a ton.

rely

Post by rely » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:08 am

Dont be silent on this transaction.Give some satisfactory reply and also highlight that apart from it you still meet threshold.
rely

ganeshptrk wrote:Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:50 pm Post subject: Hi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Again it's from me.

I have scheduled the appointment on 16th June at BLR VFS. I am prepared for everything, except for onething.

I have a big doubt on source of Maintenance funds. I have been maintaining over and above 2800 pounds for the last 3 months. In the middle of this period, there was some considerable amount credited into my account. Do I have to provide an explanation for this...? Even without this credit I am able to meet the maintenance funds requirements.

Please help me on this.

Thanks a ton.

firstier
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds - Joint Account

Post by firstier » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:32 am

Is it acceptable if I show the maintenance funds requirement from a joint account. The account is a joint account owned by myself and my wife.

rely

Re: Maintenance Funds - Joint Account

Post by rely » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:48 am

Yes you can show in joint account with your mother/father/sister/spouse BUT GET APPROVAL OF SECOND ACOUNT HOLDER.
rely

firstier wrote:Is it acceptable if I show the maintenance funds requirement from a joint account. The account is a joint account owned by myself and my wife.

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:56 am

Hi "rely"
Thanks for your appropriate comment. However, I transfered that amount to another account. This another account is anyway I am not showing to them.

Now will it be okay, or still I have to given an explanation

Thanks
Ganesh
rely wrote:Dont be silent on this transaction.Give some satisfactory reply and also highlight that apart from it you still meet threshold.
rely

Hi,
Again it's from me.

Please help me on this.

Thanks a ton.

firstier
Newly Registered

Post by firstier » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:59 am

Thanks v much, rely.

Approval from second account holder - is it okay if I attach a signed letter from my spouse on a normal paper?

are you aware of any format/content for this letter

[quote="rely"]Yes you can show in joint account with your mother/father/sister/spouse BUT GET APPROVAL OF SECOND ACOUNT HOLDER.
rely

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 am

Hi,
If the account is a joint account with your spouse, then there is no need to submit any extra document. You need to produce only the marriage certificate.

firstier wrote:Thanks v much, rely.

Approval from second account holder - is it okay if I attach a signed letter from my spouse on a normal paper?

are you aware of any format/content for this letter
rely wrote:Yes you can show in joint account with your mother/father/sister/spouse BUT GET APPROVAL OF SECOND ACOUNT HOLDER.
rely

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:45 am

Please clarify this.

Thanks "rely" for your appropriate comment. However, I transfered that amount to another account. This another account is anyway I am not showing to them.

Now will it be okay, or still I have to given an explanation

I have got one more idea. Shoud I produce a letter from bank stating that I have been maintaining atleast 2800 pounds for the last 3 months. Obviosuly I am not showing any individual transactions here. As you know the the letter says only the minimum balance.

Is it okay..

Thanks
Ganesh
rely wrote:Dont be silent on this transaction.Give some satisfactory reply and also highlight that apart from it you still meet threshold.
rely

Hi,
Again it's from me.

Please help me on this.

Thanks a ton.

firstier
Newly Registered

Four Year Bachelors Degree

Post by firstier » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:25 pm

My bachelors degree (B Tech) is a recognised (by self assessment tool) four year degree course. However the actual duration of course was about 3 years and 8 months.

Is it advisable to give the actual start date and end date in the application form?

geriatrix

Re: Four Year Bachelors Degree

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Leave those blank might increase the risk of being rejected. It's been asked for a reason, right ???

regards
firstier wrote:My bachelors degree (B Tech) is a recognised (by self assessment tool) four year degree course. However the actual duration of course was about 3 years and 8 months.

Is it advisable to give the actual start date and end date in the application form?

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Success from India

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:08 am

Hi,

I have received my Tier 1 Visa stamped today via Blue Dart courier. The details of my application are as below:

Tier 1 Approved : Success
Place of Application : India/UK/Other: India - VFS, Pune
Date Application : May 28, 2008
Date Reference Number Recd. : May 28, 2008
Date of Visa stamped : June 11, 2008
Date of Courier : June 13, 2008 via Blue Dart
Date of Receipt of Package : June 14, 2008

While going around Tier 1 process, this Forum prooved quite helpful to me. The members are knowledgable and they guided me whereever possible. So thanks a lot for everyone.

Lets keep this forum alive and flowing like this only.

Cheers,
Rajesh

ndeshna
Newly Registered

Filling up of self assessment form

Post by ndeshna » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:44 am

Hi,

I am working in a same company for the last couple of years and would like to apply for tier 1. As one also need to submit the Self Assessment Filled copy (from point calculator).

1) The point I want to ask here is, do I need to fill my earnings month wise having total of 12 entries or do i need to make it a single entry with gross of 12 months earning in Self Assessment tool (point calculator on bia homeoffice web site).

2) Can I apply with my FD as maintenance fund proof. My FD satisfies the requirement of 2800 GBP and has been of older than 3 months.

3) I have payslips of all 12 months signed by employer and as well the bank statements on bank letter head with my net salary credited as mentioned in payslip.
Apart from above do I need to submit my Tax documents as earning proof. If I do not submit my tax documents, Is it OK. I will not have my tax documents of this fiscal year (Apr 2007 - Mar 2008) ready, hence this question. I will be able to submit Form-16.

4) For earnings, the points needs to be calculated on net salary or gross salary mentioned in payslips.

Please reply, as I am planning to apply this month end.

Regards,
ndeshna

ra_njan

Congrats !!!

Post by ra_njan » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi Rajesh.Nadhe,
Congrats Buddy. So it is happenings in less than the minimum time recorded.

Regards
ra_njan
---------------
Tier 1 Fresh Application from India
Application Date - 6th June 2008 from VFS Hyderabad
Fees taken - 6th June
Ref No. Allocated - 6th June
Status - Approved on 1st July
Documents Received - 3rd July

ra_njan

Re:Filling up of self assessment form

Post by ra_njan » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi ndeshna,
Find answers below on your query -

1.Single entry with gross of total 12 Months salary.
2.Many responses already there in the forum. You have to show a proof stating that the fund can be withdrawn instantly by you.
3.No need to submit tax docs if u have salary slip and bank statement.
4.Gross salary before tax will be calculated.

Regards
ra_njan
---------------
Tier 1 Fresh Application from India
Application Date - 6th June 2008 from VFS Hyderabad
Fees taken - 6th June
Ref No. Allocated - 6th June
Status - Approved on 1st July
Documents Received - 3rd July

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:50 am

Hi rely, what i gathered by tracking the process so far is that you can show a joint account only if it is held by you and your spouse... and also in that case no letter is needed, marriage certificate would suffice.

rely wrote:Yes you can show in joint account with your mother/father/sister/spouse BUT GET APPROVAL OF SECOND ACOUNT HOLDER.
rely

firstier wrote:Is it acceptable if I show the maintenance funds requirement from a joint account. The account is a joint account owned by myself and my wife.

nitmech

Post by nitmech » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:21 am

Rajesh.Nadhe,

You are really very lucky guy! Congrats!! Enjoy!!!

rely

Post by rely » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:41 am

This is what they have to say:-

rely

You may hold the £2800 equivalent in your Indian account. If it is in your name, you will have the authority to transfer the amount to an UK account. If in a joint account, we would require the approval of the second account holder.

Trust the above clarifies.

Visa Services
UK Border Agency
If you intend to reply to this e-mail, please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

hsmp1412 wrote:Hi rely, what i gathered by tracking the process so far is that you can show a joint account only if it is held by you and your spouse... and also in that case no letter is needed, marriage certificate would suffice.

rely

mrajkumar
India

Re. Maintenance Fund

Post by mrajkumar » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:18 am

Do we need to show the source of income for the amount which was credited before the 3 months maintenance time or It is only the amount credited within the 3 months maintenance period time?

The reason is, i had transfered 1 lac to my salary account in March, but i am planning to show the 3 mths maintenance statment from May only. Is that OK if I dont submit the source of income for the amount which is credited on March?

rely

Re: Re. Maintenance Fund

Post by rely » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:31 am

"Show" only what they want to "see".

rely

mrajkumar wrote:Do we need to show the source of income for the amount which was credited before the 3 months maintenance time or It is only the amount credited within the 3 months maintenance period time?

The reason is, i had transfered 1 lac to my salary account in March, but i am planning to show the 3 mths maintenance statment from May only. Is that OK if I dont submit the source of income for the amount which is credited on March?

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Re: Re. Maintenance Fund

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi again rely, I talked to the VFS guys in India and they said they need the last 15 months bank statement of which the latest 3 months should have min 2800 GBP... not sure if there is a need to explain any large transactions before the 3 month period too though.

Do let me know if anyone has submitted only 3 months and his/her visa has been approved.
rely wrote:"Show" only what they want to "see".

rely

mrajkumar wrote:Do we need to show the source of income for the amount which was credited before the 3 months maintenance time or It is only the amount credited within the 3 months maintenance period time?

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:09 pm

I don't understand where from they got this 15 months statement funda. Even I received such a reply. I don't think anybody has submitted 15 months bank statement. May be they have added up 12 months statement for earning + 3 months of maintance.

And regarding source of fund , I think they are intrested to know the source if it is part of 2800 pounds and its is not coming from your salary.
Just to make sure that the money belongs to you and can be used by you when you travel to UK.

aparna_b
Newly Registered

hi sharbt_hvr

Post by aparna_b » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 pm

Could u please tell in Tier 1

Do I need to submit original certificate and mark sheet in VFS or they will check and keep only xerox copy.
Also for employer phone HR number is sufficient .
Do I need to submit my husbands Application at the same time as dependent
Or he can apply for Tier 1 seperately Later if I didnot submit my husband as dependent will there be any case of rejection.