ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we study on tier 1 visa ??

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Malikwaheed

Can we study on tier 1 visa ??

Post by Malikwaheed » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi I need little help I have one friend she came in uk on tier 1 visa under 200k she is psychologist. And she want to study further same field can any body advise how she can continue her study on business visa ??

zimba
Mood:

Re: Can we study on tier 1 visa ??

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:04 pm

You are permitted to study, but you will need to obtain an Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) certificate for the course/research and present it to your education institution before you start your study if:

(a) you are over the age of 18 (or will be over 18 by the time your leave expires); and
(b) your course is one of the following:

(i) a Doctorate or Masters degree by research in one of the disciplines listed in paragraph 1 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules,
(ii) a taught Masters degree or other postgraduate qualification in one of the disciplines listed in paragraph 2 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules,
(iii) a period of study or research in one of the disciplines listed in paragraphs 1 or 2 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules at an institution of higher education where this forms part of an overseas postgraduate qualification.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .01.19.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

pokekap07
Newly Registered

Post by pokekap07 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:12 pm

From my understanding: Only certain subjects will require you to get an ATAS certificate, not all.

Malikwaheed

Post by Malikwaheed » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 am

Can she study in psychology???

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:31 am

This is outside the scope of this forum.

See: https://www.academic-technology-approva ... ce.gov.uk/
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice