ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on Set O online form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

aja

Starting Online Application to Know the Questions

Post by aja » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:24 pm

Hello,

I am due to apply ILR in the end of June 2019.

I do have the old paper application form Set O, and i have been trying to answer the questions on it, to ensure i get the answers right well before the actual application.

As the application is now moved online, i assume some of the questions would have changed from the old paper application as well.

Is it fine to start an application online now and fill in the questions ( primarily to get used to the questions) and gather the required supporting documents, but however, delete the application before completing it or booking dates / mnaking payments ?

And start the actual application closer to June date please ?

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Starting Online Application to Know the Questions

Post by aman90 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Yes.. you may run a dummy application.

aja

Questions on Set O form

Post by aja » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Hello,

I will be applying for ILR based on 5 year tier 2 General.

I will be applying on my own in June. My spouse and children qualify only in Dec 2019

Below are some of the questions on the old SET O Paper application and would be helpful if you could please clarify, if the answers are appropriate.

5.2 Do you or your partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home ?
- yes, we pay mortgage.
If so, how much do you pay each month ?
q) Both me and my spouse share the mortgage payment equally. So, do i specify only my share here or do i specify the whole amount please ?

5.3 Are you working in the UK ?
- yes
If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions ?
q) I do have child care vouchers of £242 every month, do i specify the final take home pay that gets credited to my bank account each month or do i add the child care voucher amount as well please ?

5.7 Complete the following table to indicate the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 -5.6 that you and your partner are relying on to maintain you and any dependents adequately.

q) Do i specify only my monthly take home salary here or do i have to specify my spouse's salary as well please ?

6.4 When did you last enter the UK ?

q) Would this be the date i entered UK after my last vacation please ?

7.13 How long have you lived in the UK ?

Note : I was on Tier 2 ICT Dependent from Jan 2012 till July 2014 and now on Tier 2 Gen from July 2014 till date.

q) Do i include my Tier 2 ICT dependent duration as well here please ?

aja

Supporting Docs for Employment and Travel Outside country

Post by aja » Thu May 23, 2019 10:56 am

Hello,

I am due to apply for ILR next month.
I have requested the HR that i will need 2 seperate letters
1. Document from the sponsor , stating im still required for the foreseeable future.
2. Letter to state paid annual leave traveled outside UK

The HR had got back to me stating that they will give only 1 letter in the below template :
Can you please confirm if this will be fine please ?
Private and Confidential
To whom it may concern
Home Office
(Date)
Dear Sir/Madam,
Re: (Full name, Nationality, Date of Birth)
I wish to confirm that above employee is on (full-time or part time, state as required) permanent
contract which commenced on (employment start date) and is still needed for the same job.
Their current relevant SOC code is (state current SOC). We confirm that (employee’s full
name) is being paid at or above the appropriate rate, receiving an annual salary of (salary).
This salary is based on a regular working week of 37.5 hours. This salary will be paid for the
foreseeable future.
Since this time (employee’s full name) has had the following authorised absences from work:
Annual start date Annual Leave end
date
Number of days
(including
weekends)
Reason/City/Country
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the HR team
via xxxxxxxxx
Date Calculation:
1. Visa issue Date : 20/ July/2014
2. Date of Entry to UK : 22/ July/2014
3. 28 Days before Date of entry : 24 - June-2019

1. Assume the earliest i can fill in the online application, make the payment and Submit is 24th June right ?
2. The Date on Employment letter can be issued around 20th June and should be fine ?

3. The bank statement upto 28th May would be fine. As my bank usually generates the statment upto 27/28th each month. So i will be submitting the Statement 1 month before.

4. Payslip of May, which will be issued around 26th of May ?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Supporting Docs for Employment and Travel Outside country

Post by zimba » Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 pm

They simply need to say that your absence from work were approved by them. No need for two letters
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aja

Post by aja » Thu May 23, 2019 1:10 pm

Thank you,

The template provided should suffice in that case to meet both employment and absence right ?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu May 23, 2019 4:41 pm

There is no required template. The letter must include what they asked for
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aja

Questions on Set O online form

Post by aja » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Filling in the Online Set O form and have this question :

Immigration details :
Have you previously lived in a country outside of the UK including your country of birth ?

aja

Re: Questions on Set O online form

Post by aja » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Immigration details :
Have you previously lived in a country outside of the UK including your country of birth ?

Country details :
Country you lived in , Date you lived there from, Date you lived there to, reason you lived there.

q)What is considered as Lived there and visited please ?
q)Is there a min number of days to have been spent in a country to be considered as Lived in ?

** Upon entering the Birth / Home country details and saving, it displays a Link as :
" Add another country the applicant has visited or Lived in "

Upon clicking the link, it opens up the same set of questions as : Other country details (2)
It asks for the country lived in / from date / to date/ reason you lived there.

It doesn't provide an option to choose as visited.

q) Do i have to enter the different countries i have visited in this section at all ?
All my international travel outside of my home country has been before coming to UK
The min duration i have spent in a country is 1 day and max is 85 days.

Many Thanks for your continued support.

Drdelacruziii
Philippines

Re: Questions on Set O form

Post by Drdelacruziii » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm

aja wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:10 pm
Hello,

I will be applying on my own in June. My spouse and children qualify only in Dec 2019

Below are some of the questions on the old SET O Paper application and would be helpful if you could please clarify, if the answers are appropriate.

- yes, we pay mortgage.
q) Both me and my spouse share the mortgage payment equally. So, do i specify only my share here or do i specify the whole amount please ?

- yes
q) I do have child care vouchers of £242 every month, do i specify the final take home pay that gets credited to my bank account each month or do i add the child care voucher amount as well please ?

5.7 Complete the following table to indicate the sources and levels of income as indicated in 5.1 -5.6 that you and your partner are relying on to maintain you and any dependents adequately.

q) Do i specify only my monthly take home salary here or do i have to specify my spouse's salary as well please ?

Note : I was on Tier 2 ICT Dependent from Jan 2012 till July 2014 and now on Tier 2 Gen from July 2014 till date.

Drdelacruziii
Philippines

Post by Drdelacruziii » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:32 pm

Drdelacruziii wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 pm
aja wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:10 pm
Hello,

- yes, we pay mortgage.

- yes

Hello Aja,

Sorry to break you this but Tier 2-General visa has no course to public funds. Therefore, you should not claim for any child benefits. Questions need to be answered as honest as you can. Good luck to your application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Drdelacruziii wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:32 pm
Hello Aja,

Sorry to break you this but Tier 2-General visa has no course to public funds. Therefore, you should not claim for any child benefits. Questions need to be answered as honest as you can. Good luck to your application.
Child care vouchers through salary sacrifice are not state benefits!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aja

Post by aja » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 pm

In the middle of filling in the application,
can any of you mods / experts please help with this.

Many Thanks
aja wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Immigration details :

Country details :
Country you lived in , Date you lived there from, Date you lived there to, reason you lived there.

q)What is considered as Lived there and visited please ?
q)Is there a min number of days to have been spent in a country to be considered as Lived in ?

** Upon entering the Birth / Home country details and saving, it displays a Link as :
" Add another country the applicant has visited or Lived in "

Upon clicking the link, it opens up the same set of questions as : Other country details (2)
It asks for the country lived in / from date / to date/ reason you lived there.

It doesn't provide an option to choose as visited.

q) Do i have to enter the different countries i have visited in this section at all ?
All my international travel outside of my home country has been before coming to UK
The min duration i have spent in a country is 1 day and max is 85 days.

Many Thanks for your continued support.

aja

Post by aja » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:30 am

Any help with clarifying the queries please ....

Many thanks

aja

Post by aja » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Hello,

Still Looking for some help in clarifying whether countries visited and spent between 1 day and 85 days need to be added into the section :

Immigration details :

Country details :

Note: All these visits when living in my home country and before entering UK

Many thanks