ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for 2nd British Passport after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hayat2014

Applying for 2nd British Passport after naturalisation

Post by hayat2014 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Hello,

I have applied for a first British passport after naturalisation and soon will receive my British passport.

My question is if my new passport is lost or expired will I need my naturalisation certificate to apply again for a British passport? Are there any alternatives if naturalisation certificate is not available?

Many thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applying for 2nd British Passport after naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:39 pm

The naturalisation certificate is the only official proof you are British so I would store it as securely as you can - you need this as proof for the next application. It can be replaced but takes time and money. I am not aware of anything else that you can use as a substitute.
https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citi ... ertificate
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:40 pm

Also, do NOT laminate your naturalisation certificate. HMPO will not accept it if it is laminated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hayat2014

Post by hayat2014 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:47 pm

Thanks a lot.

Much Appreciated.