ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRAVEL - to Poland from UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wonderer98
Poland

TRAVEL - to Poland from UK

Post by wonderer98 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:27 pm

I am a Polish citizen. I work and live in the UK.

How should I protect myself if I plan to travel in February, March and later this year if I plan to go to Poland for holiday in light of Brexit? Will ID suffice?

hermanthegerman
Germany

Re: TRAVEL - to Poland from UK

Post by hermanthegerman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am

I am in the same situation. I think you need to make sure you have your passport (and it is valid) rather than just a national ID card and I have now taken out travel insurance in case of delays/cancellations/getting sick abroad.
I don't think you need anything prior to 29/3 and you could hang on until the day before you leave to see if there is a deal as if there is a deal nothing will change for 2 years ie EHIC will be valid etc but you need to have insurance in place before you leave to cover your for a trip (with most insurers).

Kruk

Re: TRAVEL - to Poland from UK

Post by Kruk » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 pm

Make sure you have your passport and is valid for at least 6+ months. Arrange insurance as depending on the situation EHIC my be not valid after 29/03. Check you bank account as some of the banks my offer Travel Insurance as part of the premium (my does).

If you do not have passport apply ASAP as the current times in Polish consulate for new one are +6 weeks. Also it can take few weeks to arrange the application meeting.

At the moment no one knows what will happen so the best is to watch the news and be prepared for any scenario.