ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 (Student) victim of domestic violence

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BN1993
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 4 (Student) victim of domestic violence

Post by BN1993 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I came to UK in December 2017 on Tier 4 visa. i got married to my cousin (arranged) 15 days before coming to UK. I applied for my husband as my dependent, he came in July 2018.after he came, his behavior start changing, soon i realize that they (All my in-laws) just used me, and their intentions were not good. by the time he became so violent, he never hurt me physically but he was very controlling, and keep on taunting me, calling me with animals name etc. i used to flush his toilet as well. Unfortunately, our marriage breakdown, i lived with him 4 months and these four months were like hell for me. I separated from him in November (Not divorce). Recently, court issued non-molestation order against him.

What my concern is, i can't go back home when my studies finish, because my in-laws threaten to my parents that if i come to Pakistan they will kill me. My dad got heart attack and my mother is in depression because of all this. i know one of his relative having links with gangsters and that person keep on calling me. i don't know what to do now. sometime i just want to suicide, it was just one decision to marry him that ruins my life.
Please help me out.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 (Student) victim of domestic violence

Post by sah10406 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:32 pm

First, speak to the international student adviser at your university. They can refer you for emotional support, and they can also advise on how to report a change of circumstances if you no longer wish your spouse to be in the UK as your dependant.

I am not clear what your in-laws think you have done wrong, but that and their threats sound like a matter for the authorities in Pakistan.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:12 am

Three things you need to do:

Report the abuse to the police and seek their help / support through victim support.

Inform the Home Office you are no longer sponsoring your husband as a tier 4 dependent due to domestic abuse.

Make provision to leave your shared accommodation to get away from your husband. Your university may have emergency accommodation for you?

As for the threats of violence promised against your family, that has to remain a matter for your home country authorities. Not knowing how they treat such issues there I do not know how or what interventions they will take. I would however report this issue as part of your discussions with the UK police.

BN1993
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by BN1993 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:20 am

I have already reported to the police, and file a domestic violence case against him. court has been issued a non-molestation against him. i have written to marriage curtailment team as well about my relationship. I am now applying for divorce.

Its like am worried about my future. ;(