ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling while retention EU5 application in Process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Travelling while retention EU5 application in Process

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi All,

just wondering can we travel while our EU5 application is in process??

Thanks,

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Travelling while retention EU5 application in Process

Post by max307 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:51 pm

Do you have a valid residence card, visa or permission to remain in Ireland at the moment? If you do, then you can travel with no concerns whatsoever.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks max307..

have valid Stamp 4EUFAM till end of this year.. divorced last year and submit Retention EU5 application in Sep 2018..

I believe EU5 application used to retain rights.. means your rights are not clear and they are validating.. the concern is on airport they can ask and refused to enter as rights are not sure/confirmed..

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:28 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:06 pm
I believe EU5 application used to retain rights.. means your rights are not clear and they are validating.. the concern is on airport they can ask and refused to enter as rights are not sure/confirmed..
I'm not sure that's the case but I guess you can always confirm with INIS before booking your trip.

Unless you have a pending immigration issue with INIS I don't see how or why an airport immigration officer would refuse entry. If there was an issue with your Stamp 4 EUFAM INIS would let you know you by post.

Have you received any letter of intention to revoke your Stamp 4 EUFAM or something along those lines?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 pm

there is no pending issue.. there is in progress application of EU 5.. Nope No letter and hopefully will not receive..

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:10 pm

max307 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:28 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
I'm not sure that's the case but I guess you can always confirm with INIS before booking your trip.

Unless you have a pending immigration issue with INIS I don't see how or why an airport immigration officer would refuse entry. If there was an issue with your Stamp 4 EUFAM INIS would let you know you by post.

Have you received any letter of intention to revoke your Stamp 4 EUFAM or something along those lines?
I do remember someone mentioned on this forum or maybe another forum that they were questioned by immigration at the airport because of this. I don't remember if they were denied entry in the end though.

There's no harm sending an email to INIS before the travel. Don't want any surprises here.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:44 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 pm
there is no pending issue.. there is in progress application of EU 5.. Nope No letter and hopefully will not receive..
I would say you are good to go then but if in doubt reach out directly to INIS.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:42 pm

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thanks max307..

have valid Stamp 4EUFAM till end of this year.. divorced last year and submit Retention EU5 application in Sep 2018..

Well half information can harm you.

I haven't heard or met any person from last two year who got independent status.
So first he made mistake to apply for retention (it's his right) buy now be ready to get rejected.
In retention cases when u apply the case department always in first opportunity they revoke your old stamp(that's the only purpose u apply in first place?)

Second u can travel but pray they wont revoke ur stump while u r outside country.
Third they will keep asking you different thousand proves that u will question ur self why I applied retention.

In these types cases I advise not to apply and enjoy ur remaining EU4FAM for while.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:44 pm

littlerr wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:10 pm
max307 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:28 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:

I do remember someone mentioned on this forum or maybe another forum that they were questioned by immigration at the airport because of this. I don't remember if they were denied entry in the end though.

There's no harm sending an email to INIS before the travel. Don't want any surprises here.
I had few genius friend who tried the same mistake with retention, now they live happily back in there countries.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:50 pm

Retention is not the reason when mostly Pakistani and Indians was applying for long term stamps?

They was smart, they knew if they apply retention they wont get so some lucky people got long term stamps for while but now department know this trick as well. So ur best option is to re marry with ur ex. :lol:

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 am

Finepaddy wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:42 pm
finalversion_2k wrote:
Thanks max307..

I haven't heard or met any person from last two year who got independent status.
So first he made mistake to apply for retention (it's his right) buy now be ready to get rejected.
In retention cases when u apply the case department always in first opportunity they revoke your old stamp(that's the only purpose u apply in first place?)

Second u can travel but pray they wont revoke ur stump while u r outside country.
Third they will keep asking you different thousand proves that u will question ur self why I applied retention.

In these types cases I advise not to apply and enjoy ur remaining EU4FAM for while.

@Finepaddy: FirstI know 3 to 4 people who got approved last year, from here I can say their is still hope.. LOL..
your second point is valid..
third asking for different thousand proofs time is gone. already submitted most of what they requested. Now it's waiting time & praying time..
fourth I'm sketching your personality in my mind LOL... I believe its better to try then give-up.. and second its not my plan, if it refuse still you can go for appeal and appeal gv you almost year more time.. LOLL

Second Comment: sorry to hear about your genius friends..

Third Comment: didn't get properly else will love to give my thoughts..hahah ;)

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:04 am

@littlerr & @max307: thats a sensible advice, really appreciate it.. :)

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:10 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 am
Finepaddy wrote:
finalversion_2k wrote:
Thanks max307..

@Finepaddy: FirstI know 3 to 4 people who got approved last year, from here I can say their is still hope.. LOL..
third asking for different thousand proofs time is gone. already submitted most of what they requested. Now it's waiting time & praying time..
fourth I'm sketching your personality in my mind LOL... I believe its better to try then give-up.. and second its not my plan, if it refuse still you can go for appeal and appeal gv you almost year more time.. LOLL

Delighted to hear you have my personality sketch, if you have on paper please do post here.

U welcome

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 am

Finepaddy wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:10 am
finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 am
Finepaddy wrote:
finalversion_2k wrote:
Thanks max307..

Delighted to hear you have my personality sketch, if you have on paper please do post here.

U welcome
For privacy reason will send you as private message ;) .. LOL

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 am

finalversion_2k wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:15 am
For privacy reason will send you as private message ;) .. LOL
User 'finepaddy' does not have access to the privilege of PM as yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:19 am

Aww thanks admin @CR001

@finepaddy bro you need to wait for while.. ;)

Srmirza1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Srmirza1989 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:18 am

Depends where are you travelling to and where u coming back what airports if dublin then forget about it u can travel to most countries via Heathrow if u hold a stamp 4 eu fam u can travel to Heathrow and make ur further connection from there and come back at Heathrow Gatwick or Stansted and then u can fly back in Ireland easily but not dublin use any other irish airports ur immigration will be clear in UK and they have no database for INIS

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:58 am

thanks @Srmirza1989

was planning to travel to berlin.. I travel TO & From Stansted before its good idea.. Agreed dublin airport is not good they can stop and refuse entry.. not sure other irish airport how they are!! do you have any experience of other Irish airports??