ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On stamp4 eufam Retention of rights refusal

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Srmirza1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

On stamp4 eufam Retention of rights refusal

Post by Srmirza1989 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:24 am

Hi i was marreid with british citizen for 5 years moved in Ireland in 2015 got my GNIB but after living over a year she left me and went back to UK and started divorce i applied for Retention rights got refusal as after she left i told INIS that she is going to divorce me and they sent me letter after that if she is gone then ur right is ceased but when i applied for Retention they refused as i didn't get on criteria that i wasn't divorced when applied for eu5 by the time i received refusal i received my final divorce as well now i m going to review eu4 application any help be great on this situation i m working full time since in Ireland

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Re: On stamp4 eufam Retention of rights refusal

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:37 am

I believe you are already aware of retention criteria..

1. your marriage should lasted 3 years.
2. at the time of divorce EU citizen should be in state and exercising treaty rights (Job, Study, Sufficent resources & medical insurance)

I'll suggest to submit new application as these days reviews take almost year.

Thanks,

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 am

would you like to tell how much time retention application took for you??

Srmirza1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Srmirza1989 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:26 am

8 months for Retention application
Do u suggest me to make a new Retention of rights application ?
Even thou same application just got refused i dont think you be allowed to do that people would just do this kinda application again and again to buy time i say
I heard reviews are quite faster u can hear an outcome in weeks or like 2 to 3 months isn't that true?

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:53 am

I'm not expert but honestly I don't understand why they took 8 months for your retention application when divorce wasn't finalized. In my case I submit retention application in Sep 2018 they send me letter next week with clear words "in order to proceed your retention application you should submit Decree" which I submitted luckily in 2 weeks. then they asked for more documents which I also submit in 2 weeks, Now I'm waiting for decision.

back to your questions, I'm suggesting new application not because to get some extra time, I'm suggesting as far as I know and saw people on that forum who's review took almost double the time of ther retention application.

below are some retention topic on this forum: have look specially Mrnew posts he was in similar situation.

ireland/changes-in-relation-to-retained ... 22625.html

ireland/retention-review-refused-can-be ... w#p1670380

ireland/help-me-please-t274503.html?hil ... 5#p1742273

Srmirza1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Srmirza1989 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:58 am

I wrote on my Retention that she already have initiated the divorce soon i receive my decree absolute i will send it to u but unluckily i received my divorce on 5th feb and refusal came in 20th feb i had 15 days but thought will send it soon as they will ask for it but they never did mistake i made

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:06 am

I believe it was on you to send them decree? they are not generous all the time..
how you are planning to cover EU excising rights?? was she working in ireland do you have those documents??

when you applied for your retention?

Srmirza1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Srmirza1989 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:20 am

Well when we broke up yes she was working and then she left ireland back to UK i went couple times to sort issues out but didnt work out then i had enough thought best thing is to let INIS know that she is gone and going for divorce i email them letting them know circumstances changed they send acknowledgement and then correspondence started asking for her and mine activity in ireland told them i only have her activity until when i told u she left me send them all with my full time work contract and all 4 months later they said ur rights ceased when she left this that and the other and gave me 28 days to tell them why they shouldn't revoke so i put down Retention application in that time dont know whats gonna happen now as in ireland loads fake marriages took place and they all are breaking up now so guess they will look mine suspicious too

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:32 am

as i said earlier.. below is quoting from ( http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... eaflet.pdf )

'Prior to initiation of the divorce, annulment or dissolution proceedings, the marriage or civil partnership lasted at least three years, including one year in the State, and the EU citizen was exercising their EU Treaty Rights in the State at the time that the decree of divorce, annulment or dissolution was made'

In your case she already left the state and initiate divorce outside Ireland, the last letter of revoke which you received, that's really dangerous i didn't saw single person on that forum who received that letter and get succeeded in getting visa.. not sure but to me it looks little trouble for you..

Srmirza1989
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Srmirza1989 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:58 am

I know its stressing i m living in Europe for over 9 years wouldn't like to live anywhere else lets see i have a gf who is irish she is living with me since i m divorced might be able to get her help

finalversion_2k
Member of Standing

Post by finalversion_2k » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:01 pm

best of luck mate.