ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Application for Naturalization please!!!!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Help with Application for Naturalization please!!!!

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Application Based On: NonEU (Stamp 1 + Stamp 4) 5 years residency
Applied On: 25/02/2019
Application received On: 26/02/2019

05/03/19 : Realized I got a Gard to witness my statutory declaration. So I went to a solicitor for another one, using my national South African ID as proof of identity.

Sent: 06/03/2019
Received: 07/03/2019

Acknowledgement received: 12/03/19 dated 08/03/19 from Team 2 with original documents and receipt, and letter requesting the following:
1) I stupidly answered yes to Q5.6 and they request " dates and details for all absences over six weeks from 2014 to 25/02/2019." I find this confusing as I have never been absent for over six weeks in one go. It was cumulative. DO I explain this to them? or just send them the details?

2) "Please complete enclosed statutory form as previous form was incorrectly completed and must be identified by an up to date passport." I have sent one signed by a solicitor who identified me using my I.D as my passport was with DJE. Do I redo it with a passport?

3) Bank statements for 3 months of 2014 and 2019. (This was in bold). lol

Second Letter: Pending
Awaiting On Approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Re: Help with Application for Naturalization please!!!!

Post by markem » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Short answer is that you should do exactly what they asked you to do.
1) I stupidly answered yes to Q5.6 and they request " dates and details for all absences over six weeks from 2014 to 25/02/2019." I find this confusing as I have never been absent for over six weeks in one go. It was cumulative. DO I explain this to them? or just send them the details?
Plenty of questions and advice on this forum about the 6 weeks ... it's cumulative, not in one go. Give them the details they asked for. Here is a version of the response they give on this topic:
Please be advised that a person is entitled to be absent from the country for up to 6 weeks in total in any one year without it having any consequence on their application for naturalisation. Absences of more than 6 weeks need to be listed and a brief note explaining the reason for each absence.
2) "Please complete enclosed statutory form as previous form was incorrectly completed and must be identified by an up to date passport." I have sent one signed by a solicitor who identified me using my I.D as my passport was with DJE. Do I redo it with a passport?
Do exactly what they asked. Its just easier/faster than waiting for several back-and-forth exchanges by post.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Only EU citizens can use ID card or passport for naturalization form, if you are outside EU you have to use your passport only. (it says very clearly on the form).

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm

OR national identity card no.issued on by the authorities of,which is an EU Member State, the Swiss Confederation or a Contracting party to the EEA Agreement.

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:48 pm

Thank you guy.

I will be back to the solicitor tomorrow so.
I have 3 passports to go through for all my travels while I have resided here.
A lot of weekend trips :/ :shock: