ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa category A or B??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

az19
Newly Registered
Japan

Spouse visa category A or B??

Post by az19 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi, there.

I am planning to apply for a spouse visa next week but am not too sure if I should go for Category A or B.

I am on a YMS visa and have been employed more than 6 months with over 20K income.
My husband changed his job Novermber last year so he's been working less than 6 months with his current employer with over 25k income. He was on 22.5k with his previous job and had been working more than 2 years for them.

I have been advised by a solicitor that I cannot use my income and we should wait til his employment will be more than 6 months and apply under category A, however I would like to apply in March before the fee might go up. He also advised that I should send my payslips and bankstatements as well as my husband's financial documents which I thought it could be confusing and unnecessary if we do under category A.

So my question is
Am I able to apply with my income under category A or should I apply with my husband's income under category B or should I wait til May so that I can apply with my husband's income under category A?

Any help is appriciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa category A or B??

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:17 pm

You have been advised wrong.

If you are switching to spouse visa within the UK, you can use either of your incomes. It does not have to be his only.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

az19
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by az19 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:17 pm
You have been advised wrong.

If you are switching to spouse visa within the UK, you can use either of your incomes. It does not have to be his only.
Thank you for your prompt answer! Would you say I am qualified to apply with my income under category A or would it be also ok to apply with my husband's income under category B?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Don't go/listen to that solicitor ever again who are totally wrong. You just simply use your income alone under category A to keep less paper work involved and straight case.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

az19
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by az19 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 pm
Don't go/listen to that solicitor ever again who are totally wrong. You just simply use your income alone under category A to keep less paper work involved and straight case.
Thank you for your reply. I actually talked to 3 solicitors and none of them recommended using my income nor going for category B with my husband’s income. Is category A more likely to be successful than category B or it doesn’t matter as long as you meet the requirements? Thanks for your help!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:03 pm

az19 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 pm
seagul wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I actually talked to 3 solicitors and none of them recommended using my income nor going for category B with my husband’s income. Is category A more likely to be successful than category B or it doesn’t matter as long as you meet the requirements? Thanks for your help!
All solicitors are wrong. You have three options.

1. Use your income only
2. Use your partner income under category B
3. Wait until your husband complete 6 months then apply under category A

Simplest is 1st and possibly 3rd (if you can wait until your husband completes 6 months).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

az19
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by az19 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:03 pm
az19 wrote:
seagul wrote:

1. Use your income only

Simplest is 1st and possibly 3rd (if you can wait until your husband completes 6 months).
Thank you so much for making it clear for me.
I was hoping to go for option 1 but my husband doesn’t agree with me and he wants to go for option 2. If I choose to go for category B, the documents I need is 12 months worth payslips and bank statements and otherwise same as category A. Is that correct?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:15 pm

az19 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 am
seagul wrote:
az19 wrote:
seagul wrote:

1. Use your income only

I was hoping to go for option 1 but my husband doesn’t agree with me and he wants to go for option 2. If I choose to go for category B, the documents I need is 12 months worth payslips and bank statements and otherwise same as category A. Is that correct?
If you want category B then yes 12 months of payslips and 12 months of corresponding bank statements. For category B make sure that your partner must have earned at least £18600 from all jobs during the last 12 months from date of application. And secondly his present job must be paying alteast £18600 per year.

az19
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by az19 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:15 pm
az19 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 am
seagul wrote:
az19 wrote:

1. Use your income only

If you want category B then yes 12 months of payslips and 12 months of corresponding bank statements. For category B make sure that your partner must have earned at least £18600 from all jobs during the last 12 months from date of application. And secondly his present job must be paying alteast £18600 per year.

Thanks a lot, You are a star!