ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abelekhoh
Ireland

Re: Citizenship applications from 2017 pending approval

Post by abelekhoh » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:22 pm

Anira wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:00 pm
Guys, I am shaking. Just got home from work and the brown envelope was there. Posted yesterday, after 1 year and 5 months I finally got my approval. Best of luck to all of you and I guess my theory was right!!!

congratulations its great news i hope everybody who're waiting for their approval including me will get soon
thanks for update

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Anira wrote:
Guys, I am shaking. Just got home from work and the brown envelope was there. Posted yesterday, after 1 year and 5 months I finally got my approval. Best of luck to all of you and I guess my theory was right!!!
Congratulations to you. Hope we will get it too

Tokky12
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Tokky12 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Anira wrote:
wow congrats Anira....so happy for you..xx

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Congrats Anira.
You really deserved.

Omolola
Newly Registered

Post by Omolola » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:52 am

Anira wrote:
Congrats Anira! I'm happy for u. Make sure u get all the stuffs they require to them ASAP! Hope we all get included in April ceremony...

hakeem
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by hakeem » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:57 am

Anira wrote:
Congrats..hope more approvals follow

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:43 pm

Any 2017 outstanding applications had any feedback from INIS at all? I emailed them Friday requesting an update and haven’t heard back yet.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Anira wrote:
Sorry to bother you, recently someone ask me which team deals final approval letter? Is it team 1.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:03 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:56 pm
Anira wrote:
Sorry to bother you, recently someone ask me which team deals final approval letter? Is it team 1.
It is Team 1 indeed. You also need to send the bank draft to them too.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:08 pm

Anira wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:03 pm
Finepaddy wrote:
Anira wrote:
Ok thanks
It will be helpful if we can figure it about those teams as last year applied couple of citizenship applications for friends but couldn't figure it out these teams, even I send a email to department but they didn't bother to answer about teams when I got reply.

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:12 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:08 pm
Anira wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:03 pm
Finepaddy wrote:
Anira wrote:
Ok thanks
It will be helpful if we can figure it about those teams as last year applied couple of citizenship applications for friends but couldn't figure it out these teams, even I send a email to department but they didn't bother to answer about teams when I got reply.
Ye they are not very helpful, unfortunately

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:06 pm

@Anira - Congrats on your approval! Great news!

We've been trying to call them since last week and the phone is either busy or keeps ringing out and nobody picks up. We called more than a 100 times yesterday and no response.

We also emailed them last week and didn't get a response to that as well.

It is quite frustrating as there is no transparency to this process at all. It seems that the citizenship department has actually gotten worse and worse over the years. :cry:

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:28 pm

iamok wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:06 pm

We've been trying to call them since last week and the phone is either busy or keeps ringing out and nobody picks up. We called more than a 100 times yesterday and no response.

It is quite frustrating as there is no transparency to this process at all. It seems that the citizenship department has actually gotten worse and worse over the years. :cry:
It is terrible... have you tried asking your local TD for an update? Mine seemed to move after that.

iamok
Ireland

Post by iamok » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 pm

Anira wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:28 pm
iamok wrote:

It is terrible... have you tried asking your local TD for an update? Mine seemed to move after that.
That will be the next step.

This is the 2nd time I am going through this process with my wife's application. Having done my own application in 2016/17, I made sure I did everything the same way I had done mine. We then got a letter requesting more documents/information and we responded back to each of their request in a lot of detail attaching the relevant supporting documentation. She then got the 2nd stage letter in July 2018 but since then it has been silence... Application continues to be processed! :!:

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:01 pm

iamok wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:44 pm
Anira wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:28 pm
iamok wrote:

That will be the next step.

This is the 2nd time I am going through this process with my wife's application. Having done my own application in 2016/17, I made sure I did everything the same way I had done mine. We then got a letter requesting more documents/information and we responded back to each of their request in a lot of detail attaching the relevant supporting documentation. She then got the 2nd stage letter in July 2018 but since then it has been silence... Application continues to be processed! :!:
I got my 2nd letter 5 weeks after my application.l, in November 2017. Thought that meant it was going to be a quick one lol Definitely reach out to TD to get an “official” update.

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am

Hi there,
I got through after millions attempts and they said still processing not with the minister yet. I asked any chances to get something before April she says can’t tell..i said so mean i have to wait till September then she says yes may be early stage of September.. so the conclusion is my file will wait more 6 months for no reason..terrible 😣😣now i am not gona ring any more very frustrating..😒

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:17 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 am
Hi there,
I got through after millions attempts and they said still processing not with the minister yet. I asked any chances to get something before April she says can’t tell..i said so mean i have to wait till September then she says yes may be early stage of September.. so the conclusion is my file will wait more 6 months for no reason..terrible 😣😣now i am not gona ring any more very frustrating..😒
When in 2017 did you apply Mrs P? I’ve given up calling it’s soul destroying - I emailed the other day and they just said continued to be processed in a normal way checking statutory conditions blah blah

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:29 pm

I applied in feb 2017.. got second stage letter in march 2018 since that nothing till now...

Sazhar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Sazhar » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 pm

I applied in early January 2017, with second-stage letter sent to me in July 2017; nothing since :(
Emailed them a couple of weeks ago & got reply that my application is being prepared for submission to the Minister.
Dont know how much long will it take now.

kseni
Russia

Post by kseni » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:51 am

Sazhar wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 pm
I applied in early January 2017, with second-stage letter sent to me in July 2017; nothing since :(
Emailed them a couple of weeks ago & got reply that my application is being prepared for submission to the Minister.
Dont know how much long will it take now.
exactly my story :( called them today, a man told me I'm in the 2nd stage, asked them about external agency/garda info they're waiting for, he couldn't say anything about it, as if different people have different rights/skills to see info in their screens.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:08 am

The main wait for me is finally over. I got my payment, photos and GNIB put in an envelope a month ago and finally got to send it off today.

I called them yesterday and they told me a decision has not been made yet. It looks like the phone line doesn’t always have the most up-to-date information.

I only applied in July 2018 - straightforward application of non-EU critical skills permit. I have a British national friend who lived here for 20 years, applied two days later than I did, but still in first stage. There is really no pattern to follow.

Good luck to everyone who has been waiting for this.

P.S. to those who are interested at the team numbers, my approval letter is from Team 3.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 am

littlerr wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:08 am
The main wait for me is finally over. I got my payment, photos and GNIB put in an envelope a month ago and finally got to send it off today.

I called them yesterday and they told me a decision has not been made yet. It looks like the phone line doesn’t always have the most up-to-date information.

I only applied in July 2018 - straightforward application of non-EU critical skills permit. I have a British national friend who lived here for 20 years, applied two days later than I did, but still in first stage. There is really no pattern to follow.

Good luck to everyone who has been waiting for this.

P.S. to those who are interested at the team numbers, my approval letter is from Team 3.
Hi. Congratulations to you. Would you please let me know on what date the letter was issued and you received today? Thanks

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:14 pm

Lily3 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:17 am
Hi. Congratulations to you. Would you please let me know on what date the letter was issued and you received today? Thanks
It was dated 19 March 2019

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:15 pm

Hi guys - wondered outside on this lovely day, I picked the right day to work from home! Postbox had a brown envelope! Approval after a crazy wait for such a straightforward app (I’m here nearly 30 years!!!) dates yesterday and from team 2.

Now to head in to get photos and bank draft at lunch time to send back ! Hopefully I’ll be included in April’s ceremony.

I applied in Oct 2017, second letter in Jan 2019, approval in March 2019

Anira
Canada

Post by Anira » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:15 pm
Hi guys - wondered outside on this lovely day, I picked the right day to work from home! Postbox had a brown envelope! Approval after a crazy wait for such a straightforward app (I’m here nearly 30 years!!!) dates yesterday and from team 2.

Now to head in to get photos and bank draft at lunch time to send back ! Hopefully I’ll be included in April’s ceremony.

I applied in Oct 2017, second letter in Jan 2019, approval in March 2019
Ahh so happy for you!!! I am sure you will be included, they prioritize older applications when it gets to this stage!