ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization form filling

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jenny001
Newly Registered

Naturalization form filling

Post by jenny001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Guru,

I am filling the naturalization application form and I have some questions and hope anyone here can give some advice.

1. Birth name - Since I became 18yrs old, I added an English name as my middle name officially and now all my documents use the same name except my birth certificate. I use the changed name for all my previous application (permanent residency and resident permit) and all successfully approved.
For the naturalization application, it asked for my birth name. should I use the name of the birth certificate or the name I officially changed?

2. Referee eligibility -
a) I am applying for citizenship in the UK. Must my referee live in the UK as well?
b) One of my referee that we knew each other less than three years, is it ok for the 2nd referee?

3. Biometric residence permit - I just have a sticker of the residence permit stick on my passport. Should I tick “NO”?

4. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?
I just got my permanent residency card at the beginning of this month. Now, I am applying for citizenship, does it count so it is a “YES”?

5. Tax office reference number - where can I find this number? I can’t find it on my payment slip.

6. I am having a full-time job and also running a company at the same time. It looks like I cannot do both at the same time. Because after I put one details in, the other I have to put the start and end date. But both of my works still keep going. What should I put?

Thanks for any advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization form filling

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 am

1. Birth name - Since I became 18yrs old, I added an English name as my middle name officially and now all my documents use the same name except my birth certificate. I use the changed name for all my previous application (permanent residency and resident permit) and all successfully approved.
For the naturalization application, it asked for my birth name. should I use the name of the birth certificate or the name I officially changed?
Yes, it is the birth name you were given.
2. Referee eligibility -
a) I am applying for citizenship in the UK. Must my referee live in the UK as well?
b) One of my referee that we knew each other less than three years, is it ok for the 2nd referee?
It must be a British referee for non professional one and the professional referee can be any nationality. They must both have known you for 3 years and not be related to each other or to you.
3. Biometric residence permit - I just have a sticker of the residence permit stick on my passport. Should I tick “NO”?
Presumably you hold PR and a document certifying PR (might be a BRP card)???
I just got my permanent residency card at the beginning of this month. Now, I am applying for citizenship, does it count so it is a “YES”?
All applications your have made must be stated.
5. Tax office reference number - where can I find this number? I can’t find it on my payment slip.

P60 or ask your HR.
6. I am having a full-time job and also running a company at the same time. It looks like I cannot do both at the same time. Because after I put one details in, the other I have to put the start and end date. But both of my works still keep going. What should I put?
Put an end date to the company one and add a note in the 'Additional information' section explaining briefly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jenny001
Newly Registered

Post by jenny001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:32 pm

thank you for your suggestions and advice. there is still something I would like to ask for more details.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:35 am

So, I should put my latest name?
I hold a biometric permanent residence card. My residence permit is a sticker which sticks on a page my passport for the last 5 years. Then recently I've applied for my permanent residence and got the permanent residence card. So, for the residence permit, I just had a sticker format. Therefore, i want to double check if it is "NO" for the biometric residence permit.
All applications your have made must be stated.
Noted.

P60 or ask your HR.
Noted
Put an end date to the company one and add a note in the 'Additional information' section explaining briefly.
Where is the "additional information" section will be? It's all fixed space to fill.

Thanks so much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Your FULL name as it appears on your birth certificate.
I hold a biometric permanent residence card. My residence permit is a sticker which sticks on a page my passport for the last 5 years. Then recently I've applied for my permanent residence and got the permanent residence card. So, for the residence permit, I just had a sticker format. Therefore, i want to double check if it is "NO" for the biometric residence permit.
The RC is a visa vignette and NOT a BRP card. You need to complete the details from your PR card.
Where is the "additional information" section will be? It's all fixed space to fill. [/quote]
Note that we cannot see the forms online, as we would have to register a new username for each form we want to see. If there is no such space, simply include a brief letter explaining.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Post by johnhkg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm

jenny001 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:28 am
Hi Guru,

I am filling the naturalization application form and I have some questions and hope anyone here can give some advice.

Thanks for any advice.
Jenny, At the start of the online form you are asked for your name. That is your "now" name and will be the name in your current passport and other documents. You then get asked if you have ever been known by another name. Answer "Yes". There will be a drop down box for you to choose. Many people change name on marriage, so it is a drop down choice.. For you, choose "other", and a text box appears. Explain here when and why your name changed.

jenny001
Newly Registered

Post by jenny001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Your FULL name as it appears on your birth certificate.
The RC is a visa vignette and NOT a BRP card. You need to complete the details from your PR card.
Where is the "additional information" section will be? It's all fixed space to fill.
Note that we cannot see the forms online, as we would have to register a new username for each form we want to see. If there is no such space, simply include a brief letter explaining.
[/quote]

Thank you for your reply! :)

jenny001
Newly Registered

Post by jenny001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:06 pm

johnhkg wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm
jenny001 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:28 am
Hi Guru,

Thanks for any advice.
Jenny, At the start of the online form you are asked for your name. That is your "now" name and will be the name in your current passport and other documents. You then get asked if you have ever been known by another name. Answer "Yes". There will be a drop down box for you to choose. Many people change name on marriage, so it is a drop down choice.. For you, choose "other", and a text box appears. Explain here when and why your name changed.
Hi John,
Thanks for explaining it. it helps alot. :)