ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General dependent visa with 3 yrs COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Lyrechg
Newly Registered
Philippines

Tier 2 General dependent visa with 3 yrs COS

Post by Lyrechg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi. I would like to seek help in this forum. I am applying for my son's dependent visa who is turning 18 yrs old this coming may. I am a tier 2 general visa under under shortage occupation ( Nurse). I started my work in the UK last Jan.21,2019. I have COS of 3 yrs contract and in my COS details indicated that it was tick YES to certify maintenance for migrant ( and dependent if applicable).
I already have my 2 months payslip. I also have my BRP id. Do I need to provide bank statement? if yes, how much is needed? I am anxious because my son is turning 18 years old very soon. Pls. Help. Thank you very much..

mamoru01
India

Re: Tier 2 General dependent visa with 3 yrs COS

Post by mamoru01 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:56 pm

"Each dependant must have £630 available to them whether they apply with you or separately. "
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/family-members

Lyrechg
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Lyrechg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:22 pm

Thank you for your reply@mamoru01. Do my son need the £630 even I have fully "A-rated" sponsor? and my COS details state that they certify maintenance for any dependent..
Thank you for your help. Really appreciated it.

mamoru01
India

Post by mamoru01 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm actually not sure as we are also just in a process of applying for Tier 2 visa.
But it probably won't hurt to over prepare as you are on tight schedule.