ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed English language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jkcool
Mood:
India

Missed English language requirement

Post by jkcool » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi All,

I have submitted my application and attended the UKVAS centre. I have not uploaded my UK degree for language requirements.

I am an indian national. I have a UK degree. I got ILR on the basis of 5 year on Tier 2. I got ILR on Feb 2, 2018.

In the application, it said 'Yes' that I have satisfied language requirements after 2013. And it did not as any questions. Also my checklist did not ask me to provide any language requirements.

Should I contact Home office ? I am worried about the outcome.

johnhkg
Hong Kong

Re: Missed English language requirement

Post by johnhkg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

jkcool wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:23 pm
Hi All,

I have submitted my application and attended the UKVAS centre. I have not uploaded my UK degree for language requirements.

I am an indian national. I have a UK degree. I got ILR on the basis of 5 year on Tier 2. I got ILR on Feb 2, 2018.

In the application, it said 'Yes' that I have satisfied language requirements after 2013. And it did not as any questions. Also my checklist did not ask me to provide any language requirements.

Yes, you should write to UKVI and explain, also attach copy of relevant documents.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Should I call UKVI up to explain that the check list did not ask for it ? I did check with people in UKVAS and they told me that if it is not mentioned in checklist, then probably not required.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 pm

No point calling, the call centre is outsourced.

Simply do as the previous poster advised.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 pm
No point calling, the call centre is outsourced.

Simply do as the previous poster advised.

Thank you CR001
I just want to understand it. Is it a bug in the current online system ?

This was the question:
Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013? Yes

I have used my UK degree for my ILR on Feb 2nd , 2018. I am a non EU national.

I have seen previous posts saying that if English language was verified after 2013 then it is not required. Also, the checklist did not ask for English language requirement proof. That's why I didn't include.

If I have to send the degree, should I send a certified copy of the degree certificate ? Or just a copy is sufficient ? Should I also include a copy of the checklist to show that it never asked me for proof of English language.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:28 pm

CR001, are you sure the OP needs to do anything?

My understanding is that having demonstrated language requirement via ILR recently (2018) the OP wouldn't be required to do so with citizenship, hence the question about whether English was demonstrated after 2013, which the OP correctly answered in the affirmative.

I could be mistaken, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

wahi66
BANNED

Post by wahi66 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:42 pm

jkcool wrote:
Hi All,

are you able to login still where you upload other docs?? if yes then upload now and also send a copy along with cover letter.
anyway i think there shouldn't be any problem if you have used the same degree at the time of ILR

vinitmenon

Post by vinitmenon » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 am

jkcool wrote:
Hi All,

You don't need to provide evidence, I applied couple of months back and got the approval last week.
I had obtained ILR in 2015 using a Indian degree.
If you are still concerned , you can login back to the UKVCAS website and upload your degree certificate under Education.( I can still login to UKVCAS and upload docs!)

-VM

jkcool
Mood:
India

Post by jkcool » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:41 am

vinitmenon wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:41 am

You don't need to provide evidence, I applied couple of months back and got the approval last week.
Thank you so much. It definitely helps.

shankar981
Mood:

Post by shankar981 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:09 am

If you are still concerned , you can login back to the UKVCAS website and upload your degree certificate under Education.( I can still login to UKVCAS and upload docs!)

-VM
I had the same experience as well. I did not upload the degree certificate yet received the approval.