ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Teams and stages

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Teams and stages

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I read in a thread that specific teams deal with specific stages of the application.
Does anyone know which teams are assigned to which stages?

What is the relevance of being assigned/ not being assigned a reference number?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Teams and stages

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:48 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Thank you.

I had gone through that thread. Really informative.
I guess Im just trying to figure out if team 2 deals with stage 2, since we know that team 1 deals with the final step (ie approval). And whether having a reference number is an indication that your application has moved forward to stage 2.

Thanks again

markem
Mood:
New Zealand

Post by markem » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:17 pm

SouthAfricanNomad wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:13 pm
I guess Im just trying to figure out if team 2 deals with stage 2, since we know that team 1 deals with the final step (ie approval). And whether having a reference number is an indication that your application has moved forward to stage 2.
I'm not sure how knowing the teams helps anything... but I can tell you that I have been with Processing Team 2 from first acknowledgement letter, before I had an application number. So from my experience, it's nothing to do with stages.

An application number is issued before second stage.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 pm

SouthAfricanNomad wrote:

Thank you.

Thanks again
I’ve had replies from teams numbered 1-5, it doesn’t mean anything for processing of application. I had a response from team 1 before I was stage 2, so that can’t mean it’s final step...

Leswan09
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by Leswan09 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:29 pm

No reference to teams though there - really suspect the team number has no bearing on the stages an application is at

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 pm

markem wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:17 pm
SouthAfricanNomad wrote:
I'm not sure how knowing the teams helps anything... but I can tell you that I have been with Processing Team 2 from first acknowledgement letter, before I had an application number. So from my experience, it's nothing to do with stages.

An application number is issued before second stage.

Gotcha. Thanks. When did you receive an application number?
Can you please detail your timeline for me. Thank you again.

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:46 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 pm
SouthAfricanNomad wrote:

Thank you.

Thanks again
I’ve had replies from teams numbered 1-5, it doesn’t mean anything for processing of application. I had a response from team 1 before I was stage 2, so that can’t mean it’s final step...
Wow. Can you please detail your timeline and each teams' involvement with your application.
Thank you.

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:48 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:29 pm
No reference to teams though there - really suspect the team number has no bearing on the stages an application is at
Thank you. I had read that, but if it is so streamlined, why are there so many issues. The meta data from people's personal experience is a lot more enlightening than his vague outline :/

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 pm

My application is being dealt with Team 3 and I got application number, which is the same as reference number. This is first acknowledgement from them.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:53 pm

SouthAfricanNomad wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:46 pm
Missstamper wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 pm
SouthAfricanNomad wrote:
Applied in Oct 2017 - second stage letter in Jan 2019. The team numbers have been in the various replies by email from INIS - so team 1 one month, team 3 month 2, team 1 month 6 - no pattern.

My second stage letter was from team 2, a reply to an email recently was team 1...

Thank you.

Thanks again
Wow. Can you please detail your timeline and each teams' involvement with your application.
Thank you.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:18 pm

I got passport two years ago, as by my understanding and dealing with friends applications there are three main teams
team 1 is final team who issue you decision but between three teams it possible they look for more information on any specific issue then they will pass it too team 4,5,6,7.
I saw replies from team 7 and others team too.
So basically if u get email from team 2 and after another email come from team 4 then its mean team 2 pass ur file to team 4, it can be for various reasons like they need more information or if a person who deal ur file get blind( mean what ever information they are looking is already in file but he/she cant see so they send it again to other team)
But its confirmed that team 1 is final team.
And yes I saw department losing important documents or not awair about any individual application personal explanation on any matter. citizenship might be important for u but they dont give shit for them it's a another day in 9 to 5 job.
Good Luck all

Mrs P
India

Post by Mrs P » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:36 pm

It means.. i am on final stage really.. because before i got an emails from team2,3,5 and second last email i got from team 7 and now just a week ago i got it from team 1 .. over the phone they said today final check has been done but not submitted to the minister yet.. if team 1 deals with approval letters than why they says it is not been submitted yet but application has done final check.. bit of confusing... if anyone can make me correct 🤔. Thanks in advance ☺️

Tc1
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by Tc1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:48 pm

I reckon, we can just play the guessing game about the teams. My acknowledgment and 2nd stage letter came from Processing team 1 and when I emailed them Last Wk, the reply came from Team 4 within 2hours of my email.

I checked my wife’s approval letter from last year and it was from processing Team 1.

Lily3
Ireland

Post by Lily3 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Since beginning I got reply from team 1 and even last week I got reply from team 1.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Mrs P wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:36 pm
It means.. i am on final stage really.. because before i got an emails from team2,3,5 and second last email i got from team 7 and now just a week ago i got it from team 1 .. over the phone they said today final check has been done but not submitted to the minister yet.. if team 1 deals with approval letters than why they says it is not been submitted yet but application has done final check.. bit of confusing... if anyone can make me correct 🤔. Thanks in advance ☺️
Its team 1 job to get approvals from Minster and then write to applicants. Saw many approvals and they all come from team 1.
It is possible team 1 can send ur application back to any other team but u will get final letter from team 1.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:47 pm

What's the role of Team 3?

Finepaddy wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm
Mrs P wrote:
Its team 1 job to get approvals from Minster and then write to applicants. Saw many approvals and they all come from team 1.
It is possible team 1 can send ur application back to any other team but u will get final letter from team 1.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:03 pm

masterboy123 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:47 pm
What's the role of Team 3?

Finepaddy wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm
Mrs P wrote:

They give u future guidance advice. :D
Sorry but I dont work for them.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:13 pm

I had an email reply from team 1 a couple of months before I received my second stage letter. The next email reply I received was also from team 1, a few months after I received my second stage letter. For me at least there is no pattern.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Missstamper wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:13 pm
I had an email reply from team 1 a couple of months before I received my second stage letter. The next email reply I received was also from team 1, a few months after I received my second stage letter. For me at least there is no pattern.
Please do update us once u got final approval. Thanks

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:08 pm

guys, don't stress too much on the teams and stages. There is no pattern followed by this department.
Also, don't confuse with teams sending you written letters and the teams responding to your emails. They are different.

My experience, the team which issued the first letter remains the same throughout when responding to my written queries, so if your application is assigned to one team when it was received you will always receive correspondence from them when it comes about written letters. My team remained 1 from start till now. Check the written letters you received from the department, I am almost certain they all will be from the same team.

As far as email teams are concerned, they are random and has nothing to do with the stages of your application, and they vary from team 1 to team 7.

Well said, fine paddy, they don't care how important citizenship is for you, it is yet another 9:00-17:00 day for them and out of these 8 hours they may or may not work for 1-2 hours per day depending on their mood.

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:25 pm

Thanks for the responses guys.

Working in a high turnover job myself, i tend to empathize with the team members. They are dealing with a a lot of applications and they are Im sure doing their best without getting themselves burntout.

I know waiting and having no control is frustrating, but we need to understand the nature of environment they are in. Really, they need to use technology not humans. And allow us access online to the genealogy of the application.

Missstamper
Ireland

Post by Missstamper » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:08 pm
guys, don't stress too much on the teams and stages. There is no pattern followed by this department.
Also, don't confuse with teams sending you written letters and the teams responding to your emails. They are different.

My experience, the team which issued the first letter remains the same throughout when responding to my written queries, so if your application is assigned to one team when it was received you will always receive correspondence from them when it comes about written letters. My team remained 1 from start till now. Check the written letters you received from the department, I am almost certain they all will be from the same team.

As far as email teams are concerned, they are random and has nothing to do with the stages of your application, and they vary from team 1 to team 7.

Well said, fine paddy, they don't care how important citizenship is for you, it is yet another 9:00-17:00 day for them and out of these 8 hours they may or may not work for 1-2 hours per day depending on their mood.
Are you still waiting for approval?