ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

end of 10 year EUFAM PR

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rups0001
Newly Registered
Ireland

end of 10 year EUFAM PR

Post by rups0001 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Just received my 10 year stamp from GNIB. Relieved but already wondering what happens at the end of the 10 year. Do I reapply using form EUFAM3? Is there anything that says I cannot appy for another 10 years residence?

(I asked the eu treaty rights office and got a reply saying only "I would suggest you look at Irish Citizenship...") for a number of reasons, I would not be interested in Irish Citizenship.

Thanks for any advice.

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: end of 10 year EUFAM PR

Post by masterboy123 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:58 pm

If you're not going to apply for Irish citizenship then you have to apply for EU3 application every 10 years.

Can I ask, how many months did it take to get the EU3 approved? I am waiting for same and applied in November 2018.

Thanks
rups0001 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:48 pm
Just received my 10 year stamp from GNIB. Relieved but already wondering what happens at the end of the 10 year. Do I reapply using form EUFAM3? Is there anything that says I cannot appy for another 10 years residence?

(I asked the eu treaty rights office and got a reply saying only "I would suggest you look at Irish Citizenship...") for a number of reasons, I would not be interested in Irish Citizenship.

Thanks for any advice.

rups0001
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rups0001 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:08 am

mine was very fast. I applied the first week of Jan 2019. received a letter 4 days later saying I had forgotten to sign the last sheet (oops!). sent the signed sheet in the next day. got another letter 4 days later again stating what paperwork they had received and a permission letter to receive a stamp till October. _but_ then received a letter at the end of February stating that the 10-year permission was granted, about 7 weeks in total I believe. Got very, very lucky.

I found this last night so I do believe it is possible to renew the PR (?)...

(8) A permanent residence card shall be valid for a period of 10 years and shall be renewable upon application to the Minister, which application shall be made before the expiration of the permanent residence card.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2015 ... ade/en/pdf

masterboy123
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by masterboy123 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:24 am

That's great.

Yes, you casc renew it every 10 years with the application. I suppose it's too early to look into it as some rules may change in the next 10 years.