ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Stay C Visa Non EU Directive 2004/38/EC.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BelfastBaby
Newly Registered

Short Stay C Visa Non EU Directive 2004/38/EC.

Post by BelfastBaby » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:59 pm

My wife is Vietnamese and I am British, we have applied for a short stay c visa to Ireland under EU Directive 2004/38/EC. The solicitor advised us that we only needed to provide both passports and our marriage certificate. When we applied we provided both of our passports, our marriage certificate, a letter detailing our plans, our flight confirmations, my bank statement, photos of us together and my employment contract.

Does anyone know what we can expect in regards to the processing times? I understand they are processed quicker than other visas but I can't seem to find any information. Is there any reason why we could be refused this visa?

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: Short Stay C Visa Non EU Directive 2004/38/EC.

Post by Myself_andI » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Hey,

We have a post, a couple of other people and I, relating to exactly that. My wife and I are already in week 5 since we have applied.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 pm

the post is "Visa C application redirected in Dublin". It might help but you will not find an answer regarding waiting period. We are all being told different things.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:34 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:29 pm
the post is "Visa C application redirected in Dublin". It might help but you will not find an answer regarding waiting period. We are all being told different things.
Not sure why you cannot simply post the topic LINK for the user as newly registered member cannot use the search function!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:40 pm

Cause I am new too and I had no idea what he can or cannot do.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:40 pm
Cause I am new too and I had no idea what he can or cannot do.
You can post a link that is from this forum obviously as it is not 'another forum' or 'third party' website.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BelfastBaby
Newly Registered

Post by BelfastBaby » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Myself_andI wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm
Hey,

We have a post, a couple of other people and I, relating to exactly that. My wife and I are already in week 5 since we have applied.
Hey there, just finished reading what you guys are saying. We were told two weeks by the staff in the Irish embassy in Hanoi but we are now in week three. Our rental agreement for our apartment in Vietnam will end this month so we are really anxious.

I emailed visamail@justice.ie and called +353 1 456 2895 in Dublin. I did get a reply from visamail today but they stated they couldn't update me due to data protection as we used my wife's email to apply for the visa.

It seems as though the embassy don't know much about these visa applications, they appear to simply check the documents and send them to Dublin. If however they had told us 6 - 12 weeks at the start then we would have planned accordingly, it's just that we really don't know how long it will take and nor does the embassy apparently. Several sources mention four weeks but nothing from an official channel.

Guess we can all just wait another week...

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:37 pm

It’s definitely not four weeks as I am on week five already. Even if you manage to send an email from an address, they will respond of that the visa still under process and that they have a huge volume of visa applications to examine.I have already received the same copy paste response twice already.
Nobody really knows how long it takes except from them. Next Tuesday it will be my week six and the problem is that we do not have even the passport to be able to travel and meet somewhere in between.
Unfortunately I estimate that it might take us at least three months.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:21 pm

BelfastBaby wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:47 pm
Myself_andI wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:28 pm
Hey,

Hey there, just finished reading what you guys are saying. We were told two weeks by the staff in the Irish embassy in Hanoi but we are now in week three. Our rental agreement for our apartment in Vietnam will end this month so we are really anxious.

I emailed visamail@justice.ie and called +353 1 456 2895 in Dublin. I did get a reply from visamail today but they stated they couldn't update me due to data protection as we used my wife's email to apply for the visa.

It seems as though the embassy don't know much about these visa applications, they appear to simply check the documents and send them to Dublin. If however they had told us 6 - 12 weeks at the start then we would have planned accordingly, it's just that we really don't know how long it will take and nor does the embassy apparently. Several sources mention four weeks but nothing from an official channel.

Guess we can all just wait another week...
Have a look at the latest update I received from the embassy in Russia

ireland/visa-c-application-redirected-i ... l#p1755194