ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with EU Settled Status

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alexsk
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Naturalisation with EU Settled Status

Post by alexsk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

Hello,

I apologise if this has been asked before. I am an EU national. I have applied for the ILR through the EU settlement scheme in February 2019 and was granted Settled Status. I am now in the process of submitting my online application for Naturalisation. As I am married to a British citizen I don't need to wait a year. I am self employed at the moment, but I was in full-time employment for two years back when I came to the UK in 2014. However, I have about four months in between jobs/looking for employment and being self employed when I was not a registered Jobseeker but rather self sufficient. I have found out only a few months ago that as such I was supposed to hold a comprehensive sickness insurance. Now for the EU settlement scheme CSI is not a requirement. I am just filling out the employment history on the Naturalisation form and the employment gaps are visible there. My question is, is CSI required for Naturalisation? Could this mean my application will be rejected? Many thanks in advance for any help or clarification.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation with EU Settled Status

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 am

Economic activity is not required for naturalisation, neither is CSI.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alexsk
Newly Registered
Slovakia

Re: Naturalisation with EU Settled Status

Post by alexsk » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 am
Economic activity is not required for naturalisation, neither is CSI.
Thank you very much for your reply. That’s what I thought as well. I got a bit confused by browsing this forum where I came across someone who was asked by the home office to provide evidence of self-sufficiency including a proof of CSI after submitting his application for Naturalisation.