ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependent Set O ILR Querry

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SidG
India

Small Mistakes in Online Set O for Wife & child- will it affect outcome?

Post by SidG » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi Friends
Applied for my Wife & Son ILR application & appointment is on 20Mar @ Croydon. Have already got mine ILR in Dec'18 from Tier 2 general after 5 yrs of stay in UK. Realised that i've done following mistakes while filling up online SetO for my wife & dependent child:
1. Put date of entry in UK when they actually entered in UK (29Mar'14) rather than date of Visa issue which was 11Feb'14 (however even with date of entry they have completed 5 years in UK)
2. In deceleration section have said "NO" to joint accounts/statements instead of "Yes" as wife is not working as i'm giving my income proof (bank statement), employer letter and last 3 salary slips.
Now that form has already been submitted, payment done & form locked, are these mistakes will impact the outcome basis your experiences?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Small Mistakes in Online Set O for Wife & child- will it affect outcome?

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:32 pm

SidG wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm
Hi Friends
Applied for my Wife & Son ILR application & appointment is on 20Mar @ Croydon. Have already got mine ILR in Dec'18 from Tier 2 general after 5 yrs of stay in UK. Realised that i've done following mistakes while filling up online SetO for my wife & dependent child:
1. Put date of entry in UK when they actually entered in UK (29Mar'14) rather than date of Visa issue which was 11Feb'14 (however even with date of entry they have completed 5 years in UK)
2. In deceleration section have said "NO" to joint accounts/statements instead of "Yes" as wife is not working as i'm giving my income proof (bank statement), employer letter and last 3 salary slips.
Now that form has already been submitted, payment done & form locked, are these mistakes will impact the outcome basis your experiences?
The first mistake does not matter. However, the declaration should be corrected. Print that relevant page. Correct maunaully, write short cover letter and upload along with your documents and submit on 20th. You will be okay.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Yes do as Tier 11417 as said, you should be ok
Bizman

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Thanks tier11417 & Bizman. Will do the needful.

SidG
India

PBS dependent Set O ILR Querry

Post by SidG » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi Folks
While filling up online Set O application form for my wife & Son PBS dependent route after 5 yrs of continuous stay in the UK, i've filled my name and BRP number as "The Person you are joining or accompanying" (page 1 of Set O form), have i done this right? or i need to fill up details of my son here as he is the one who is applying along with my wife now. If my Son name has to be mentioned here instead of mine- can i correct this manually now and get this counter signed by my wife and submit/upload this sheet (page 1) while having an appointment with Sopra Croydon on 20Mar? Will this be acceptable?
I already secured my ILR in Dec'18.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependent Set O ILR Querry

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Wife is main applicant child is dependent. It is not your application and your details are irrelevant in this instance.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am

Dear CR001, i have already filled up my details (name & BRP number) in "The Person you are joining or accompanying" (page 1 of Set O form) instead of my son who is accompanying my wife. Shall i take the printout of first page, correct this manually (countersigned by wife) & upload with the short covering letter. Is that acceptable?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:54 am

We don't have sight of the online forms and questions.

You need one set O form for both of them. Wife as main applicant and child in the dependent part.

Are you sure you are completing set O and not the pbs dependent form??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:05 pm

Yes CR001- i have filled up one application set O form for both my wife/son and selected Tier 2 dependent in "select a category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain". So this part is right.
Issue is in the beginning (page1) of online form it ask for "The Person you are joining or accompanying" and here i have given my name and BRP number which i believe it did it wrong- i should have mentioned by sons name /brp number as he is the one who is applying along with. Have you got any such queery in the forum?
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:09 pm

SidG wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:05 pm
Yes CR001- i have filled up one application set O form for both my wife/son and selected Tier 2 dependent in "select a category in which you are applying for indefinite leave to remain". So this part is right.
Issue is in the beginning (page1) of online form it ask for "The Person you are joining or accompanying" and here i have given my name and BRP number which i believe it did it wrong- i should have mentioned by sons name /brp number as he is the one who is applying along with. Have you got any such queery in the forum?
Thanks
How did you complete one SET(O) for both your wife and son?

You would have used ONE account, but there would be TWO forms in the same account. Your wife being the main applicant and your son as the dependent.

How did you add your son in your wifes form?

And both your wife and son are accompanying you, as you are the main applicant with ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 pm

Yes Tier 1147, its one Set O from for both my wife and son as dependent. Its one application form with 2 applicants- wife as main applicant & son as dependent. That's not an issue.
What should be written in ""The Person you are joining or accompanying"- I have mentioned my name whereas i need to mention my sons name- now that form is locked, can i manually correct this and upload this page along with a short letter to explain?

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:18 pm

Tier 1147, i mean to say we have got two different UAN numbers for appointments. From one account - filled wife as main applicant and than added son as dependent and filled up all details. But when you download the filled applicant form- it comes as one form 11pages with two applicants.
I hope i'm clarified now

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:10 pm

SidG wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:18 pm
Tier 1147, i mean to say we have got two different UAN numbers for appointments. From one account - filled wife as main applicant and than added son as dependent and filled up all details. But when you download the filled applicant form- it comes as one form 11pages with two applicants.
I hope i'm clarified now
Yes thats correct

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:11 pm

SidG wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:14 pm
Yes Tier 1147, its one Set O from for both my wife and son as dependent. Its one application form with 2 applicants- wife as main applicant & son as dependent. That's not an issue.
What should be written in ""The Person you are joining or accompanying"- I have mentioned my name whereas i need to mention my sons name- now that form is locked, can i manually correct this and upload this page along with a short letter to explain?
As per my understanding, both your wife and your son are accompanying you, so you did it right mentioning your name. Wait for CR001 to correct me if I am wrong.

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:37 pm

CR001, kindly reply to Tier 1147 understanding so that i can close this issue..
Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:37 pm

While filling out the form your wife is the main ACCOUNT holder. But both your wife and son are accompanying you as you are the main applicant whom their applications are based on as your dependents. So if I am not wrong you did the right thing to put your name as to whom they both are/will be accompanying.

SidG
India

Post by SidG » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 pm

Thank you guys, can't wait for our Wednesday appointment!