ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Generic letter formats needed for Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:22 pm

We had/have quite a popular topic here for general form letters needed at various stages of HSMP applications:

-> UK Tier 1 visas (HSMP unavailable soon) -> Cover letters formats avaliable for HSMP

Within the next few months, much of that content will become obsolete, so we will un-sticky that topic and allow this one to replace it.

For starters, here is one request for a cover letter format already:

-> UK Tier 1 visas (HSMP unavailable soon) -> cover letter for maintainence fund [ for Tier 1 ]

Some ground rules, please:

1) Please refrain from "chatter" in this thread. Try to post only content that is directly useful .. that way this topic will remain a concise resource instead of degenerating into dozens of "Thank you!" and "That's great!" posts.

But, if you have direct questions or comments on a particular letter, that would be valuable conversation that should be included here.

2) If you need a cover letter (or several), you may use this topic to request what you need. Please try to be very clear on what you need!

3) Don't include your personal information! Just post the general content that each person would then need to modify for their own needs.

4) It would be even better if you were to post letters that you used successfully during your process.

5) If you are unsure what this thread is for, please click-through and read the HSMP thread that I linked to at the top of this post. That thread was a very, very valuable resource for a lot of people, and we would like to emulate that success with this topic.

thank you!

the Admin

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Last edited by vinny on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

getkumars
Newly Registered

Cover letter

Post by getkumars » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:02 pm

xxx
xxx
Email:xxx
Phone No: xxx

Dated: 25/03/2008
Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers

Dear Sir/Madam,

I xxx, wish to apply for authorisation to work in the UK under ‘Tier 1 (General) -highly skilled worker’ of the Points Based System (PBS).
I have more than x years of work experience in software development and am currently working in the UK on a two year work permit with ‘xxx’, as a xxx. I have worked in various high profile environments in India, UK and abroad and am confident that my proficiency, expertise and experience in the subject will satisfy any enterprising and foresighted employer in the UK.
I have claimed a total of 100 points on a self evaluation basis using the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website at www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk and have enclosed the printout to verify the amount of points claimed.
Detailed information regarding each section and document is provided in the respective cover letters for that section. For the convenience of the Assessing Officer, I have packaged and grouped each section, along with the necessary related documents, in a transparent document holder and added a ‘title page’ for each set.

Following is the list of documents provided along with my application.

1. Qualifications - 30 points claimed
I hold a xxx (4 years) from xxx (1997-2001) .Both my university and Bachelors degree is recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’.
Documents provided:

1) Original Bachelors Degree Certificate
2) Original marks Sheet

2. Previous Earnings -40 points claimed
I am currently working with ‘xxxd’, as a xx .My gross income for the 12 month claim period (01-March-2007-29-Feb-2008) is equivalent to £xxx.

Documents provided:
1) 12 months of salary slips, stamped and signed by the employer

2) Bank Statements for the claim period showing my net salary credited.

3) Certified copy of my Income Tax Filing form for the year 2006.

4) English translated copy of my Income Tax Filing Form.

5) Compensation review letter.

I have enclosed some additional supporting documents in this category which is explained in the relevant cover letter.

3. UK Earnings - 5 points claimed

The total gross income earned in the UK during the claim period is £xxx

Documents provided:

There are no additional documents required for this section.

4. Age Assessment - 5 points claimed

I was born on xxx, and I am xxx years of age at the time of this application.
Documents provided:
1) Original Passport.

5. English Language Requirement: 10 points claimed

I possess exceptionally good speaking, writing, reading and listening skills in English. Throughout my education I have been taught in the English language. I am a xxx(4 years) that was gained from the xxx (1997-2001) where the medium of instruction is English.

Documents provided:
There are no additional documents required for this section, as my university is recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website. However, as a supporting document I have enclosed:

1. Letter from the University stating that the medium of instruction for my Bachelors degree was English.

6. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement: 10 points claimed

I enclose evidence of the availability of personal funds in my Indian Savings Bank Account to maintain and accommodate myself without recourse to public funds. The bank balance shows that the funds exceeding £800.00 has been in the bank for a period more than 3 months.

Documents provided:
1. Bank statements from the Indian Savings bank account.
2. Letter from the bank stating my minimum balance over a period greater than the last 3 months.

I have enclosed some additional supporting documents in this category which is explained in the relevant cover letter.
Total Points Claimed: 100 Points

1. Education: 30 Points
2. Earnings: 40 Points
3. UK Experience: 5 Points
4. Age: 5 Points
5. English Language Requirement: 10 Points
6. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement: 10 Points

The fully completed application form (Initial Entry ((Switching)) Or Extension of Stay Within Tier 1 ((General)) Main Applicant) is enclosed in a separate plastic sleeve.
Return of documents: I thank you for considering my application. Once a decision is made on my application, I kindly request to return documents using Royal mail Special Delivery Service. I have included a self-addressed stamped envelope for this purpose.
I have attached all the papers/documents in support of my application as required according to the application checklist. It would be very much appreciated if you consider my application for the ‘Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers’ and oblige accordingly. I fully intend to make the UK my home country on reward of the work authorisation through the Points Based System (PBS) and to make a positive contribution to society.
I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

xxx

Tier1_Queries

Are Mark Sheets for each semesters to be submitted

Post by Tier1_Queries » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:23 am

kumar,

Thanks for the wonderful covering letter.

Can you please clarify whether its mandatory to submit Mark Sheets
obtained during each semester needs to be submitted.

I never came across such a requirement in the policy guidelines. though
this is a requirement for recently passed out's who are awaiting the
degree certificate.

Please Clarify.

getkumars
Newly Registered

Post by getkumars » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:20 pm

many people have asked for maintainace fund cover letter .just uploading mine:

xxx
Email:xxx
Phone xxx
Dated: 25/03/2008
Sub: Cover letter for the Maintenance (Funds) Requirement.

To,
The Assessing Officer

Dear Sir/Madam,
I currently work with xxx as a xxx.

Following my conversation with the Home Office Enquiry desk, I enclose evidence of the availability of personal funds in my Indian Savings Account to maintain and accommodate myself without recourse to the public funds.

Please note that my UK current account is with HSBC UK and original bank statements for a period of last six months (17 September 2007-15 March 2008) are included in the ‘previous earnings’ section. This is my primary bank account in the UK where my salary is credited.
UK current account details:
Bank Details:
xxx
URL: http://www.hsbc.co.uk

Account Details:
Account Holder’s Name: xxx
Account No: xxx
Sort Code: xxx

However, for this section, I would like only my Indian Savings account to be considered for the ease of the Assessing Officer and save the hassles of considering multiple accounts.

The minimum bank balance in my Indian Savings Account over a period exceeding last 3 months has never been less than INR xxx.00 which is equivalent to £xxx.5(details of the conversion are below). As per the point 190 of the ‘Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System –Policy Guidance’ document, I am claiming 10 points for the Maintenance (Funds) requirement

Details of Bank and Account showing availability of personal funds:

Currency: Indian National Rupee (INR)
Bank Details:

xxx
URL: http://www.icici.com

Account Details:
Account Holder’s Name: xxx
Account No: xx
Bank Code: xx

Please find enclosed the required evidence as requested, as well as an additional piece of evidence, and I hope that this meets with your approval for the points that I am claiming.

Required Evidence:

1. Personal Bank Statements:

I am enclosing my personal bank statements (xxx) from 1st November 2007 to 14th March 2008. The bank statements are notated with my name, account number, date of the statement, bank’s name and logo, and the financial transactions over this period, which covers more than the last three months.

Bank statements are stamped and signed by:
Contact details:
xxx
Phone: xxx
Fax: xxx
As per bank statements the available balance all through was INR xxx.00.
Minimum INR: xxx.00

I have converted the INR to Sterling by using the www.oanda.com Currency Converter ® Results and have enclosed a copy for your perusal. Below is a summary of the conversion:

(Live mid-market rates as of 14.03.2008 when the bank statements were issued)

1 Indian Rupee = 0.01217 British Pound
1 British Pound (GBP) = 82.14194 Indian Rupee (INR)

xxx.00 INR= xx.5 GBP

Additional Evidence:

1. Letter from the bank:

I have enclosed a letter from the bank (xxx), stating my balance over a period greater than the last 3 months, my name, account number, date and contains bank’s name and logo.

I have converted the INR to Sterling by using the www.oanda.com Currency Converter ® Results and have enclosed a copy for your perusal. Below is a summary of the conversion:

(Live mid-market rates as of 14.03.2008 when the bank statements were issued)

1 Indian Rupee = 0.01217 British Pound
1 British Pound (GBP) = 82.14194 Indian Rupee (INR)

Minimum bank balance as the letter INR: xxx.00

xxx.00 INR= xxx.5 GBP

As per the letter, and currency conversion above a fund in excess of £800.00 has been available in my account for a period greater than the last three months.
The letter is stamped and signed by:
Contact details:
xxx

Supporting Evidence:
1. Scan of the Original cheque book and old VISA debit card:
I have enclosed herein a scan of my original cheque book which shows my name and account number. I have also enclosed a scan of my old debit card which also shows my name.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

xxx

Manas4UK
Newly Registered

Post by Manas4UK » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:59 am

kumar,

Thanks for the nice n well crafted covering letter.
Appreciated if you could provide us rest cover letters on TIER1 .

pradeep
Newly Registered

New update from Home Office Site.

Post by pradeep » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:47 am

Dear all,

May be the following site be of help.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... rguidance/

Thanks Regards.

PRADEEP VARMA

prabalchandhok
Newly Registered

Need Clarification please

Post by prabalchandhok » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:43 pm

Is the maintenence funds requirement under Tier 1 required to be proven for whatever amount it be ... 3 months before making the application to SHeffield, UK or 3 months before making the EC application in whichever country we reside in????

kaushal316

Bank Letter for Maintenance letter

Post by kaushal316 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:44 am

Bank Letter for Maintenance funds: This is the letter I managed to get from ICICIBank. We can use this as a generic format:

Dated: dd.mm.yyyy

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to certify the Mr. Kaushal Trivedi is maintaining a Saving account no XXXXXXXXXX with us since DD.MM.YYYY.
The account balance as on DD.MM.YYYY is INR XXXX.
The balance maintained during the period DD.MM.YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY for account no XXXXXXXXXX is INR YYYY.

The certificate is issued at the specific request of the account holder and holds no responsibility on the official signing on it.

For ICICI Bank Limited

Authority Signatory.

kaushal316

Tier 1 - Application Cover Letter

Post by kaushal316 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:53 am

Kaushal Trivedi
Email: kaushal.trivedi@email.com
Phone No: ## ########

Dated: 04 April, 2008

To,
The Assessing Officer

Dear Sir/Madam,

I Kaushal Trivedi, wish to apply for entry clearance to work in the UK under ‘Tier 1 (General) -highly skilled worker’ of the Points Based System (PBS).

I have claimed 85 points in attributes section and 10 points each for English requirement and maintenance funds on a self evaluation basis using the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website at www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk and have enclosed the printout to verify the amount of points claimed.

1. Age Assessment – 20 points claimed.

I was born on 06 Feb, 1982, and I am 26 years of age at the time of this application.

Documents provided:
• Original Passport stating date of birth

2. Qualification – 30 points claimed.

I hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree (4 years) from University of Mumbai (2000-2004) .Both my university and Bachelors degree is recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’.

Documents provided:

• Original Degree Certificate. (Bachelor of Engineering)
• Original 4 years Mark sheets

3. Previous Earnings – 35 points claimed.

I have worked with 2 employers in past 12 months. Documents for each of these employers are provided as mentioned:

Documents provided:

• Wipro Technologies (1 April, 2007 – 30 June, 2007 )
i. Salary slips signed and stamped by employer for the period 1 April, 2007 – 30 June, 2007 that shows gross and net salary per month.
ii. Official ICICI Bank statement showing net salary credited into my account XXXXXXXXXXXX. Salary payments are highlighted on the bank statement.

• Capgemini India Pvt Ltd (13 July, 2007 – 31 March, 2008 )
i. Salary slips signed and stamped by employer for the period 13 July, 2007 – 31 March, 2008 that shows gross and net salary per month.
ii. Official HDFC Bank statement showing net salary credited into my account XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Salary payments are highlighted on the bank statement.

4. English Language – 10 points claimed.

I have claimed 10 points under the category ‘Degree taught in English’. My qualification is on the self assessment tool and is recognised by self assessment tool as to fulfil English language requirement.

Documents provided:

5. Maintenance Funds – 10 points claimed.

Documents provided:

• Official bank statement of my account XXXXXXXXXXXX with ICICI Bank, India covering period 1 Jan, 2008 to 31 March, 2008.
• Letter from ICICI Bank confirming funds available in Indian Rupees and that they have been in my bank account for at least 3 months.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

Kaushal Trivedi

kaushal316

Tier 1 - Application Cover Letter

Post by kaushal316 » Sun May 04, 2008 10:36 am

Kaushal Trivedi
Email: kaushal.trivedi@email.com
Phone No: ## ########

Dated: 04 April, 2008

To,
The Assessing Officer

Dear Sir/Madam,

I Kaushal Trivedi, wish to apply for entry clearance to work in the UK under ‘Tier 1 (General) -highly skilled worker’ of the Points Based System (PBS).

I have claimed 85 points in attributes section and 10 points each for English requirement and maintenance funds on a self evaluation basis using the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website at www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk and have enclosed the printout to verify the amount of points claimed.

1. Age Assessment – 20 points claimed.

I was born on 06 Feb, 1982, and I am 26 years of age at the time of this application.

Documents provided:
• Original Passport stating date of birth

2. Qualification – 30 points claimed.

I hold a Bachelor of Engineering degree (4 years) from University of Mumbai (2000-2004) .Both my university and Bachelors degree is recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’.

Documents provided:

• Original 4 years Mark sheets

3. Previous Earnings – 35 points claimed.

I have worked with 2 employers in past 12 months. Documents for each of these employers are provided as mentioned:

Documents provided:

• Wipro Technologies (1 April, 2007 – 30 June, 2007 )
i. Salary slips signed and stamped by employer for the period 1 April, 2007 – 30 June, 2007 that shows gross and net salary per month.
ii. Official ICICI Bank statement showing net salary credited into my account XXXXXXXXXXXX. Salary payments are highlighted on the bank statement.

• Capgemini India Pvt Ltd (13 July, 2007 – 31 March, 2008 )
i. Salary slips signed and stamped by employer for the period 13 July, 2007 – 31 March, 2008 that shows gross and net salary per month.
ii. Official HDFC Bank statement showing net salary credited into my account XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Salary payments are highlighted on the bank statement.

4. English Language – 10 points claimed.

I have claimed 10 points under the category ‘Degree taught in English’. My qualification is on the self assessment tool and is recognised by self assessment tool as to fulfil English language requirement.

Documents provided:

5. Maintenance Funds – 10 points claimed.

Documents provided:

• Official bank statement of my account XXXXXXXXXXXX with ICICI Bank, India covering period 1 Jan, 2008 to 31 March, 2008.
• Letter from ICICI Bank confirming funds available in Indian Rupees and that they have been in my bank account for at least 3 months.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

Kaushal Trivedi

jcs

Post by jcs » Mon May 19, 2008 8:55 am

Hi,

Is it good to make separate covering letters for each section along with the application? I am not too convinced about this idea so I intend to provide just 1 main covering letter with my application. But any other ideas, suggestions, advice is welcome. Also what about dependent applications?

Please let me know.

Thanks!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:15 pm

I am applying for the Tier 1 visa under the transitional arrangements, i have been told that i shd attach bank statements for the last 15 months. can someone who has applied under transitional arrangements pls confirm that three months statements are not enough or vice versa.

sojan

Bank authorization letter

Post by sojan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:43 am

hello guys,
I was planning of putting online printout from bank. Can you please provide a template which you got from the bank? (just want to make sure that nothing is missed). Hope the authorizing letter has to include account number , and a sentence saying the attached printouts are authentic?

2. Personal bank statements showing the payments made to
the applicant Bank statements provided must be on official bank
stationery, and must show each of the payments that the
applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit
electronic bank statements from an online account they
should also provide a suppor ting letter from their bank
on company headed paper confirming the documents
authenticity.

rajubr2002
Newly Registered

Cover letter for dependent tier 1 general

Post by rajubr2002 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi,
Can any one send me cover letter for tier 1 general dependent application.

rajubr2002@gamil.com

akash08

Re: Cover letter for dependent tier 1 general

Post by akash08 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:35 pm

rajubr2002 wrote:Hi,
Can any one send me cover letter for tier 1 general dependent application.

rajubr2002@gamil.com
As long as you are providing required explanation for each document, a cover letter is never required.

I doubt that the case worker enjoys or have time to read such lengthy cover letter.

erravi
Newly Registered

Where to FAX UT documents

Post by erravi » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi,

I will like to submit urgent treatment letter. As my family is there is UK and i Urgent need of me.

Please let me know the number where to Fax the document or post.

regards

ksid00
Newly Registered

need help ( applying through transitional arrangement )

Post by ksid00 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:23 pm

deleted
Last edited by ksid00 on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deepakbgl
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Maintenance Funds letter - Citibank Bangalore

Post by deepakbgl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Attached is my format of the Funds Maintenance letter from Citibank Bangalore. I went straight to the Suvidha Services centre and showed the office an excerpt from the guidance notes. Took 5 minutes of explaining and a harrowing 1 hr of wait + 2 visits.

NB:- If you are able to get the last 3 mts bank statement (till the date you visit the bank - make sure you do an ATM withdrawal), the letter below is not necessary per my understanding. Will have to double check this once i apply for my Tier 1 though.

Letter issued on Citi letter head with Citi official sign and seal of the bank
Dated: Oct 4 2008
To,
British Deputy High Commission (they do not issue a whomsoever...)
Chennai.

This is to Certify that Mr. XXXX is maintaining a Citibank Suvidha Savings account with us bearing Account no. XXXX since XXX

The withdrawal balance maintained as on 4/10/2008 is XXXINR and the equivalent amount in GBP is XXX

The minimum balance maintained in the account account from 1/7/2008 to till date is XXXINR and the equivalent amount in GBP is XXXX

The conversion rate taken is 84.35 INR per GBP

The certificate is issued at the request of the account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part.

Sincerely yours

deepakbgl
Newly Registered

Post by deepakbgl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Attached is my format of the Funds Maintenance letter from Citibank Bangalore. I went straight to the Suvidha Services centre and showed the office an excerpt from the guidance notes. Took 5 minutes of explaining and a harrowing 1 hr of wait + 2 visits.

NB:- If you are able to get the last 3 mts bank statement (till the date you visit the bank - make sure you do an ATM withdrawal), the letter below is not necessary per my understanding. Will have to double check this once i apply for my Tier 1 though.

To,
Chennai.

This is to Certify that Mr. XXXX is maintaining a Citibank Suvidha Savings account with us bearing Account no. XXXX since XXX

The withdrawal balance maintained as on 4/10/2008 is XXXINR and the equivalent amount in GBP is XXX

The minimum balance maintained in the account account from 1/7/2008 to till date is XXXINR and the equivalent amount in GBP is XXXX

The certificate is issued at the request of the account holder without any recourse to us or commitment on our part.

Sincerely yours

deepakbgl
Newly Registered

Post by deepakbgl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:35 pm

To,
Chennai.

Sincerely yours

deepakbgl
Newly Registered

Post by deepakbgl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:37 pm

To,
Chennai.

Sincerely yours

rd_uk
Newly Registered

Need Sample Letter from Employer

Post by rd_uk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi all,

I will be submitting my Tier1 application form on this week end. I need urgently "Letter from Employer" format. Since I dont receive pay slips. My salary is credited into my bank account.

I think we need to mention payment break ups for the claim period in the letter.

If any body have the Employer letter format please send it to me.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
RD.

subashcb
Newly Registered

Post by subashcb » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:36 am

Hi friends
I applied for Ec.Thanks for your support

Thanks&Regards
subash

rajesh1319

Sample sponsor and covering letter for Tier1 dependent

Post by rajesh1319 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 pm

Hello All

Does anyone have sample sponsor and covering letter for Tier 1 dependent application?

I am applying for my son who is in India and i am working in UK.

Regards,
Rajesh