ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRELAND MARRIAGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rosy1234
Newly Registered

IRELAND MARRIAGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Post by rosy1234 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place. My partner and I are due to have our marriage interview. I'm EU and he's non-EU. I know that we have nothing to worry about since our relationship is genuine but we're kind of nervous for some reason and have no idea what to expect. Anyone been through the marriage interview? What questions do they ask? How long does the interview last for? When do you hear back about the outcome.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Rosy :)

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Re: IRELAND MARRIAGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS

Post by yala93 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi,

Ours was super easy and short. They sit down with you and your partner in the room. They asked where we work and live. Check all details on birthday certs, your parents details and then you sign a little doc with those details to make sure that it is going to be printed right on wedding cert.

No questions relating how you met or relationships, all super nice and straight forward. I would say nothing to be worried about. it is 15 mins thing + waiting time.

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi thank you for your reply. I should mention that I'm EU and my partner is non-EU, from my understanding we are invited for an interview to make sure that our relationship is genuine and that it is not a 'marriage of convenience'.

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yala93 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:40 pm

same was in our case.

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:04 am

With 3 girls give them 2 interviews.
Always told them looking for better half and last one wasnt better.
Indirectly also tried to tell them fock off.
If its genuine then they wont ask any thing silly.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:20 pm

yala93 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:40 pm
same was in our case.
That's quite interesting, I assumed they would ask questions about our personal life, family, how we met etc. when were you notified that you passed the interview?

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:04 am
So what sort of questions did they ask?

Finepaddy
Mood:
Norway

Post by Finepaddy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:46 pm

rosy1234 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:21 pm
Finepaddy wrote:
If its genuine relationship whatever they ask u will answer them without any problem.
So dont stress it.
Remember love is blind.
Finepaddy becomes badpaddy :mrgreen:

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Finepaddy wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:46 pm
rosy1234 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:21 pm
Finepaddy wrote:
If its genuine relationship whatever they ask u will answer them without any problem.
So dont stress it.
Remember love is blind.
do they ask personal questions about living together etc? What questions did they ask you?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:59 pm

If your marriage is genuine, there really isn’t any need to be this anxious. You can refuse to answer any personal question when you feel you are offended.

There is no need to open multiple threads to ask the same question.

If you are just that anxious, a quick google search of “marriage interview questions” will give you thousands of results.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:05 pm

That a non-EU national may be asked for the following at the interview at the Registrar:

- if the parties to the intended marriage speak a common language;
- the period prior to the relevant notification of the intended marriage during which the parties to the intended marriage were known to each other;
- the number and frequency of meetings of the parties to the intended marriage prior to the notification of the intended marriage;
- if the parties to the intended marriage have lived together in the past or if they currently live together;
- the extent to which each party to the intended marriage is familiar with the personal details of the other party;
- the extent to which each party to the intended marriage intends to continue an existing commitment to mutual emotional and financial support of the other party to the intended marriage;
- the immigration status of one or each of the parties to the intended marriage who is a foreign national;
- other than in a case where money is paid as a dowry as appropriate to the culture of one or each party to the intended marriage, if money was paid as an inducement for the marriage;
- if the one or each of the parties to the intended marriage has previously been the subject of an objection under the provisions of the Act;
- any other information regarding the intended marriage which gives reasonable grounds for considering the marriage to be a marriage of convenience.

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:22 pm

littlerr wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:59 pm
If your marriage is genuine, there really isn’t any need to be this anxious. You can refuse to answer any personal question when you feel you are offended.

If you are just that anxious, a quick google search of “marriage interview questions” will give you thousands of results.
I'm new and didn't know the rule about multiple threads, just trying to get as many answers as possible. I'm sure you can understand how nervous any couple would be about this interview, I have no idea what to expect and google hasn't been much help either. From my understanding I am free to ask any questions that I have on this forum, didn't mean for my anxiety to offend you.

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:23 pm

Iggy4 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:05 pm
That a non-EU national may be asked for the following at the interview at the Registrar:

- if the parties to the intended marriage speak a common language;
- the period prior to the relevant notification of the intended marriage during which the parties to the intended marriage were known to each other;
- the number and frequency of meetings of the parties to the intended marriage prior to the notification of the intended marriage;
- if the parties to the intended marriage have lived together in the past or if they currently live together;
- the extent to which each party to the intended marriage is familiar with the personal details of the other party;
- the extent to which each party to the intended marriage intends to continue an existing commitment to mutual emotional and financial support of the other party to the intended marriage;
- the immigration status of one or each of the parties to the intended marriage who is a foreign national;
- other than in a case where money is paid as a dowry as appropriate to the culture of one or each party to the intended marriage, if money was paid as an inducement for the marriage;
- if the one or each of the parties to the intended marriage has previously been the subject of an objection under the provisions of the Act;
- any other information regarding the intended marriage which gives reasonable grounds for considering the marriage to be a marriage of convenience.
Thank you for this, I have seen this online but wanted to hear from people's experiences. Appreciate your help!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:15 pm

rosy1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:22 pm
littlerr wrote:

I'm new and didn't know the rule about multiple threads, just trying to get as many answers as possible. I'm sure you can understand how nervous any couple would be about this interview, I have no idea what to expect and google hasn't been much help either. From my understanding I am free to ask any questions that I have on this forum, didn't mean for my anxiety to offend you.
I apologise if it sounds like I'm being harsh. The interview is just to target sham marriages, and as long as yours is genuine, you really don't need to worry about anything. After all, anxiety doesn't help you or your partner or the interview. It's not like that you are doing a college exam. It's just casual chats as some of the members already pointed out above.

If you really want to prepare for it, just make sure you know all the important dates/places, even if some answers may sound ridiculous. One of my friend (EU) this year married a girl (non-EU) he met in the airport 2 years ago. They quickly moved in together and lived a happy life as far as I can tell. When they were interviewed, the interviewer had a hard time believing their story but they had no problem getting married in the end.

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:28 am

littlerr wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:15 pm
rosy1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:22 pm
littlerr wrote:

I apologise if it sounds like I'm being harsh. The interview is just to target sham marriages, and as long as yours is genuine, you really don't need to worry about anything. After all, anxiety doesn't help you or your partner or the interview. It's not like that you are doing a college exam. It's just casual chats as some of the members already pointed out above.

If you really want to prepare for it, just make sure you know all the important dates/places, even if some answers may sound ridiculous. One of my friend (EU) this year married a girl (non-EU) he met in the airport 2 years ago. They quickly moved in together and lived a happy life as far as I can tell. When they were interviewed, the interviewer had a hard time believing their story but they had no problem getting married in the end.
Thank you for your help!

Violetta79
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Violetta79 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 pm

rosy1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:10 pm
Hi everyone,

This is my first post so I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place. My partner and I are due to have our marriage interview. I'm EU and he's non-EU. I know that we have nothing to worry about since our relationship is genuine but we're kind of nervous for some reason and have no idea what to expect. Anyone been through the marriage interview? What questions do they ask? How long does the interview last for? When do you hear back about the outcome.

hi rosy1234
I was in the same situation. In July last year me and my fiance were in the registrar office in kerry IE. They ask us about all documents. after six months (January 2019) we had interviews. Questions was easy. Where did you meet him,when, if he has contact with your family, how long you are together, or where will you leave after marriage. ect.. now is three months after interviews and we still waiting to hear back from them, and still have no date to get married

nmurph
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by nmurph » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:50 pm

Violetta79 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 pm
rosy1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

hi rosy1234
I was in the same situation. In July last year me and my fiance were in the registrar office in kerry IE. They ask us about all documents. after six months (January 2019) we had interviews. Questions was easy. Where did you meet him,when, if he has contact with your family, how long you are together, or where will you leave after marriage. ect.. now is three months after interviews and we still waiting to hear back from them, and still have no date to get married
Hi Violetta!
My FH and I went to the registrar in Kerry (Killarney) as well. We are not so much worried about the interview, as we are a genuine couple who has been living together for over a year... but how did they contact you to have the interview? We had our first meeting in January 2019 and was told it would be about 4-5 months until we could interview and that they would be in touch. Did they email you? We were under the impression that we would get the green folder that day after the interview if they were satisfied that our relation was genuine? Did they say why you had to wait and why it would take so long? I read where people interview just days before their wedding and have no issue?
Thanks so much!

niccim
Ireland

Post by niccim » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:29 pm

I was married in North and have never heard of this. Is this a common thing done before the wedding? Or is this ever done later in the immigration process? Crossing my fingers that I don't have a surprise coming up that'll be another delay :?

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Violetta79 wrote:
rosy1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

hi rosy1234
Hi Violetta79 we had our interview a few weeks ago and they told us to wait 10-12 weeks for the outcome. They said they will send a letter to our home informing us of the outcome of the interview.

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:23 pm

nmurph wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:50 pm
Violetta79 wrote:
rosy1234 wrote:
Hi everyone,

hi rosy1234
Hi Violetta!
My FH and I went to the registrar in Kerry (Killarney) as well. We are not so much worried about the interview, as we are a genuine couple who has been living together for over a year... but how did they contact you to have the interview? We had our first meeting in January 2019 and was told it would be about 4-5 months until we could interview and that they would be in touch. Did they email you? We were under the impression that we would get the green folder that day after the interview if they were satisfied that our relation was genuine? Did they say why you had to wait and why it would take so long? I read where people interview just days before their wedding and have no issue?
Thanks so much!
Hi nmurph! They contacted us via email about the interview. I guess it depends on your situation and whether you're EU or non-EU. I'm EU and my partner is non-EU we handed in our notification and heard back from them about 6 weeks later. Maybe it would be worth contacting them and just reminding them that you're still waiting. I read online about a couple who were waiting for months for their interview and they decided to call them up to let them know they haven't heard back and after that they heard back a couple of days later. I hope this helps!

rosy1234
Newly Registered

Post by rosy1234 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:26 pm

niccim wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:29 pm
I was married in North and have never heard of this. Is this a common thing done before the wedding? Or is this ever done later in the immigration process? Crossing my fingers that I don't have a surprise coming up that'll be another delay :?
Hi niccim!

Usually if you are an EU marrying a non-EU you have to go through an interview which is basically proving your relationship is genuine. Getting a date for this interview can take a couple of months (depending on where you hand in your notice) and receiving a reply about the outcome of the interview can also take months.

niccim
Ireland

Post by niccim » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:19 am

rosy1234 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:26 pm
niccim wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:29 pm
Hi niccim!

Usually if you are an EU marrying a non-EU you have to go through an interview which is basically proving your relationship is genuine. Getting a date for this interview can take a couple of months (depending on where you hand in your notice) and receiving a reply about the outcome of the interview can also take months.
Oh interesting. I am non-EU married to EU. Did I just avoid this because we married in the north?

Harry4042
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Harry4042 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi, Can anyone please tell me about the marriage questions? About where you work. I am an asylum seekers and I am working because I have to survive . I am not allowed to work. I have an EU girlfriend and we live together. If the registrar people ask they where you working. Will I tell them I am working for surving or not? If I tell them what you think I that’s ok or it may be any issue for them? My gf is not working at the moment she is on social. So I am working. Can anyone please advice me. Thanks

Harry4042
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Harry4042 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:15 pm

I have interview next month. Please advice me above question. If I tell them I am working. They gonna say you are not allowed to work bla bla. If I say I am not working. Then they say how you surving in €800 euro a month. Please advice thanks

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 am

Harry4042 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:15 pm
I have interview next month. Please advice me above question. If I tell them I am working. They gonna say you are not allowed to work bla bla. If I say I am not working. Then they say how you surving in €800 euro a month. Please advice thanks
I can't imagine that anyone in this forum is going to advise you to be anything other than 100% honest in an immigration interview.