ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR received today (Set M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sukan
Newly Registered
India

ILR received today (Set M)

Post by sukan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:31 pm

Hello,

I was granted ILR today on spouse visa 5-yr route.
We have learnt a great deal from reading all the posts here and therefore would like to share our experience here hoping that it might be useful to some of you.
- We opted for super priorirty 24hour decision service at Mark Lane, Central London. I had a very short wait at the Premium Lounge and then was taken into a cubicle. My husband was not allowed inside the premium lounge, there was seating at the reception and he was requested to wait there. We could talk over phone though, I called him a few times from inside to check certain things. We also used their wifi to exchange a few brief messages while my docs were being scanned. It was great that we didn't have to worry about uploading our documents and arranging them in the right categories. The Sopra Steria rep did all the scanning and uploading. I just had to keep an eye out that everything was being scanned in the right order. She took my husband's passport and a few other documents to scan in a different room as the scanner on her desk couldn't do passports, longer than A4 and a document with binding on it. She brought all the documents back and confirmed that she had uploaded them. She was helpful and didnt rush me and ensured that I was comfortable through out and even rescanned and uploaded a document again because I was not sure if she had done it. However 4 hours later I received an email from the Case Officer explaining that a copy of my husband's passport was missing and asking me to upload a scanned copy and send asap to the same email. That was quite a nerve-racking moment as I was no longer sure what else she might have missed. As it turned out, nothing else was missing and within 30 mins I received another email confirming that I had been granted ILR.
- We submitted our online application just after midnight on the 3rd of March (Sunday) as we were trying to maximise our chances of getting the earliest possible appointment. We were excited to see that there were appointments available through out the week beginning 7am Monday morning (4th March). There were no appointments available at any of the existing service locations.
- Ref 28 days before guideline: we submittted the online application exactly 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date I entered the UK (not including the date I actually arrived in the UK, as the guidance is 28 days 'before').

This is all that I could think of, hope its useful.

michali
Member of Standing

Re: ILR received today (Set M)

Post by michali » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Congratulations! We attend to use that location later this year but will be uploading our documents before the appointment. It is good to hear you can communicate with your spouse if necessary. I am concerned my husband, who is the applicant, will have a problem giving his biometrics, as he is elderly. Do they help with this if necessary?

bluebird12
Pakistan

Post by bluebird12 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:24 pm

Congrats..

sukan
Newly Registered
India

Post by sukan » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:31 pm

michali wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:19 pm
Congratulations! We attend to use that location later this year but will be uploading our documents before the appointment. It is good to hear you can communicate with your spouse if necessary. I am concerned my husband, who is the applicant, will have a problem giving his biometrics, as he is elderly. Do they help with this if necessary?
The staff is very helpful. When you book the appointment online you are asked if you need any additional support during your appointment. so you should be able to let them know in advance. Good luck.

prabhjot

Post by prabhjot » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Can somebody please help me urgently!!

I had applied for an Indefinite leave to remain. While awaiting its decision, the tier 2 visa that I was on expired. I have just found out that my IRL has been rejected.

I now stand with a rejected IRL and an expired tier 2 visa since September 2018.

What are my options now?

Please PLease HELP!!

michali
Member of Standing

Post by michali » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:07 am

sukan wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:31 pm
michali wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:19 pm
The staff is very helpful. When you book the appointment online you are asked if you need any additional support during your appointment. so you should be able to let them know in advance. Good luck.
Thank you! As we will be uploading our documents ourselves, a little help with biometrics, if necessary, shouldn’t be too much to ask at the Premium Centre!

silmiya
Newly Registered

Post by silmiya » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:32 pm

sukan wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:31 pm
Hello,

We have learnt a great deal from reading all the posts here and therefore would like to share our experience here hoping that it might be useful to some of you.
- We opted for super priorirty 24hour decision service at Mark Lane, Central London. I had a very short wait at the Premium Lounge and then was taken into a cubicle. My husband was not allowed inside the premium lounge, there was seating at the reception and he was requested to wait there. We could talk over phone though, I called him a few times from inside to check certain things. We also used their wifi to exchange a few brief messages while my docs were being scanned. It was great that we didn't have to worry about uploading our documents and arranging them in the right categories. The Sopra Steria rep did all the scanning and uploading. I just had to keep an eye out that everything was being scanned in the right order. She took my husband's passport and a few other documents to scan in a different room as the scanner on her desk couldn't do passports, longer than A4 and a document with binding on it. She brought all the documents back and confirmed that she had uploaded them. She was helpful and didnt rush me and ensured that I was comfortable through out and even rescanned and uploaded a document again because I was not sure if she had done it. However 4 hours later I received an email from the Case Officer explaining that a copy of my husband's passport was missing and asking me to upload a scanned copy and send asap to the same email. That was quite a nerve-racking moment as I was no longer sure what else she might have missed. As it turned out, nothing else was missing and within 30 mins I received another email confirming that I had been granted ILR.
- We submitted our online application just after midnight on the 3rd of March (Sunday) as we were trying to maximise our chances of getting the earliest possible appointment. We were excited to see that there were appointments available through out the week beginning 7am Monday morning (4th March). There were no appointments available at any of the existing service locations.
- Ref 28 days before guideline: we submittted the online application exactly 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the date I entered the UK (not including the date I actually arrived in the UK, as the guidance is 28 days 'before').

hi, first of all congratulations.
i am in the process of filling my online application, and i have a doubt, regarding the documents for address proof, do we have to scan all the pages or just the face page with the address on?

thanks in advance

silmiya
Newly Registered

Post by silmiya » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:59 pm

silmiya wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:32 pm
sukan wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:31 pm
Hello,

hi, first of all congratulations.
i am in the process of filling my online application, and i have a doubt, regarding the documents for address proof, do we have to scan all the pages or just the face page with the address on?

thanks in advance
also, how much was the cost if we want them to scan the documents for us? i was initially planning to scan at home, but this seems to be an easier option.

herrrr

Post by herrrr » Sat May 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi - thanks for sharing. May I ask a question regarding scanning documents - for example, some of the correspondence letters such as bills are more than 1 page long, did you only scan the first page with date/name/address on or did you scan all pages within this one bill? Many thanks.

sukan
Newly Registered
India

Post by sukan » Thu May 23, 2019 4:14 pm

I think you should scan all the pages as it shows more detail and they are genuine. I used the Premium Lounge and they did all the scans for me.

Prem

Post by Prem » Thu May 23, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi Sukan,

To answer your question from the March timeline post to me:

This was for my wife, she received ILR many years ago and only now decided earlier this year to for citizenship. You should receive you decision very soon, ours was a very straight forward case, but people applying before my wife haven’t got there answer yet. So all you can do is be patient. There are varying factors. Good Luck.

Thanks,
Prem
Visa: Spouse
Sub: 24/06/09 Cochin
Result: ISSUED 21/08/09
Visa: ILR
Sent: 08/10/11
Rece: 31/12/11
Citizenship
Sent: 12/03/19
Rece: 20/05/19
Cerm: 12/06/19