ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Applying online, 30 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Please check my list of documents for FLR(M) extension

Post by ariamus » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:11 pm
Riori wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 pm
Just two questions:
Old passports- do I need both my old cancelled passports and if so do I upload every page from both?
My understanding is current passport only.

I believe you also need to include old cancelled passport if that had your current visa in it. You need a full scan copy of the passport, therefore scan copy of both if relevant

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:21 am

ariamus wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
Riori wrote:
Just two questions:
Old passports- do I need both my old cancelled passports and if so do I upload every page from both?

I believe you also need to include old cancelled passport if that had your current visa in it. You need a full scan copy of the passport, therefore scan copy of both if relevant
Yes agreed. Almost all application forms ask about old expired passports too and unless they are being lost/stolen must be declared & attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Riori

Post by Riori » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:14 pm
Riori wrote:

Accommodation:
Landlord letter
Tenancy agreement
House floorplan
House pictures
Council tax bill
If you are sharing with other non-related persons then your House floorplan & House picutures must be an inspection report from an estate agent.
It is only my Husband and I.

Riori

Post by Riori » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:33 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:21 am
ariamus wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:18 pm
CR001 wrote:
Riori wrote:

Yes agreed. Almost all application forms ask about old expired passports too and unless they are being lost/stolen must be declared & attached.
ok, so I will scan in both old passports. Thanks!

Riori

Doing FLR(M) online application: Please help with some questions

Post by Riori » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi, I am currently going through my FLR(M) application and would appreciate some help with my below questions:

1) Why have you been know by another name? I was in a previous marriage, do I choose the option divorce or marriage? (currently put Divorce)

2) Family in country of Birth- Names and where they live?? I have alot of family from my home country, I can not even remember half my cousins names etc. I put my close family eg:Mum, brothers, sister etc and listed my uncles names but I have alot of family so do not know what they expect?

3) Where would I go if I left the UK? Well I would go back to South Africa but in all reality I would not because my husband couldn't permanently live there. I also immigrated a long time ago due to not liking my home country so would not integrate well or have a good private life tbh. Why do they ask this question?

4)What are you applying for question: this is my extension so do I put the option Additional extension or first extension one?

5)Shared Financial? both our names are on bills and we have a joint account but he is the only one earning a salary but I assume we are still both responsible.

6) Other family member affected if I get refused: Do I need to put my husband or do they mean like other family?

7) I didnt see where I would enter proof that I have paid my NHS charge, is that past the declaration?

I know its a lot and thank you to anyone who can provide some help!

Riori

Re: Doing FLR(M) online application: Please help with some questions

Post by Riori » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Any responses to the above 7 questions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 am

Riori wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 pm
Hi, I am currently going through my FLR(M) application and would appreciate some help with my below questions:

1) Why have you been know by another name? I was in a previous marriage, do I choose the option divorce or marriage? (currently put Divorce)

2) Family in country of Birth- Names and where they live?? I have alot of family from my home country, I can not even remember half my cousins names etc. I put my close family eg:Mum, brothers, sister etc and listed my uncles names but I have alot of family so do not know what they expect?
I CAN’T RECALL IT ASKED FOR THE NAMES AND WHERE THEY LIVE. MAYBE SIMPLY STATE SOUTH AFRICA AND PARENT, UNCLE ETC

3) Where would I go if I left the UK? Well I would go back to South Africa but in all reality I would not because my husband couldn't permanently live there. I also immigrated a long time ago due to not liking my home country so would not integrate well or have a good private life tbh. Why do they ask this question?

4)What are you applying for question: this is my extension so do I put the option Additional extension or first extension one?

5)Shared Financial? both our names are on bills and we have a joint account but he is the only one earning a salary but I assume we are still both responsible.
STATE ANY JOINT NAMED BILLS AND FOOD ETC IF YOU BOTH SHARE THE COSTS

6) Other family member affected if I get refused: Do I need to put my husband or do they mean like other family?

7) I didnt see where I would enter proof that I have paid my NHS charge, is that past the declaration?
YOU PAY THIS AFTER THE DECLARATION SECTION AND RECEIVE AND EMAIL AS PROOF ALSO

SEE SOME RESPONSES ABOVE

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 am

ariamus wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 am
Riori wrote:

I CAN’T RECALL IT ASKED FOR THE NAMES AND WHERE THEY LIVE. MAYBE SIMPLY STATE SOUTH AFRICA AND PARENT, UNCLE ETC

SEE SOME RESPONSES ABOVE
@ 'ariamus' - see my edited highlighting of your responses. In future please, it is useful if you highlight your responses using the editing tool bars otherwise it is very difficult to find and read responses not standing out in quoted text. Also note that posting in CAPITAL letters is the same as SHOUTING.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Riori

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 am
ariamus wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 am
Riori wrote:

4)

SEE SOME RESPONSES ABOVE
@ 'ariamus' - see my edited highlighting of your responses. In future please, it is useful if you highlight your responses using the editing tool bars otherwise it is very difficult to find and read responses not standing out in quoted text. Also note that posting in CAPITAL letters is the same as SHOUTING.

Thank you for some replies.

We both share the costs as in we have a joint account and joint named bills. But only he earns money as I am not working at the moment.

Do you know with the question about what am I applying for, for the extension visa: is it option one, first extension or option two additional extension? Just want to know what people are putting for their extension visa.
Thanks

Riori

Post by Riori » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi,
Can anyone let me know what they put down in answer to what are you applying to when applying for a spouse extension visa? Was it the first (First extension) or second option (Additional extension)? Thanks

Riori

Post by Riori » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:47 am

still would like to know the answer to above question please

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Depends on your circumstances.

If your initial visa was for entry clearance and now you are applying for first FLR(M). I would suggest that the answer is, for example:

First Extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or...)

Zeppi

PS I am not an expert so do not rely on the information I provide.

Riori

Post by Riori » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:29 pm

Zeppi01 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:10 pm
Depends on your circumstances.

If your initial visa was for entry clearance and now you are applying for first FLR(M). I would suggest that the answer is, for example:

First Extension as a partner (following an initial period of entry as a partner, or...)

Zeppi

PS I am not an expert so do not rely on the information I provide.
Hi, Thank you for your response. I am applying for the FLR(M) extension. I have already done 2.5 years on spouse visa. So then I would pick additional extension?

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:48 pm

If you entered UK 2.5 years ago on a spouse visa and you are applying for the first FLR(M) extension, then you need to select as Zeppi01 has advised - First Extension.

Riori

Post by Riori » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:47 pm

ariamus wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:48 pm
If you entered UK 2.5 years ago on a spouse visa and you are applying for the first FLR(M) extension, then you need to select as Zeppi01 has advised - First Extension.
Ok, sorry I was getting confused because I can not remember what the first 2.5 years application is called. Yes I will be applying for my my second 2.5 years before ILR so will choose fist extension. Just do not know what additional extension is for then. Thanks!

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Some applicants are on a 10 year route so they would need to apply for an additional extension after their first extension.

Also if you apply too early, you might have a shortfall of the total 5 year period for ILR and would need to apply for an additional extension to get it up to 5 years.

Many other scenarios also.

Riori

Post by Riori » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:37 pm

ariamus wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:25 pm
Some applicants are on a 10 year route so they would need to apply for an additional extension after their first extension.

Also if you apply too early, you might have a shortfall of the total 5 year period for ILR and would need to apply for an additional extension to get it up to 5 years.

Many other scenarios also.
Ah I get it! Thanks so much for your help

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Riori wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:47 pm
Just do not know what additional extension is for then. Thanks!
Maybe its for those who wants to get another additional extension instead applying ILR probably due to not being able to pass the B1 English test or LIUK test.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Riori

Post by Riori » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:20 pm
Riori wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:47 pm
Just do not know what additional extension is for then. Thanks!
Maybe its for those who wants to get another additional extension instead applying ILR probably due to not being able to pass the B1 English test or LIUK test.
Thanks! I understand now the difference. Do you by any chance know the answer to, Why have you been know by another name? I was in a previous marriage along time ago, do I choose the option divorce or marriage?

Zeppi01

Post by Zeppi01 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 am

Was the other name your married name (in previous marriage)? If so, I believe answer is 'marriage'

Zeppi

Riori

Post by Riori » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:49 am

Zeppi01 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:09 am
Was the other name your married name (in previous marriage)? If so, I believe answer is 'marriage'

Zeppi
Yeah. I have had three names: Maiden surname, previous marriage and current marriage. I thought possibly the previous marriage would be divorce? Thanks for help!

Riori

FLR(M) - Applying online, 30 months

Post by Riori » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi all,

My visa in the UK started on the 05th October 2016, it expires on the 08th of April 2019. From the 5 of October to the 5th of April that is 30 months. I was planning to apply on the 1st of April to give myself a week, now I see it must be 30 months? Is applying two days before expiry not cutting it very close or is it just normal to do so? Thanks for help.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: FLR(M) - Applying online, 30 months

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Riori wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 pm
Hi all,

My visa in the UK started on the 05th October 2016, it expires on the 08th of April 2019. From the 5 of October to the 5th of April that is 30 months. I was planning to apply on the 1st of April to give myself a week, now I see it must be 30 months? Is applying two days before expiry not cutting it very close or is it just normal to do so? Thanks for help.
You are allowed to apply 28 days before completing the 30 months from the date of arrival. Count 30 months from the date the visa holder arrived uk instead visa issuance date.

Riori

Post by Riori » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 pm
Riori wrote:
Hi all,

You are allowed to apply 28 days before completing the 30 months from the date of arrival. Count 30 months from the date the visa holder arrived uk instead visa issuance date.
I have lived in the UK for over 7 years and applied for this visa in the UK so I was here the whole time. So I just need to know if I have to allow 30 months to pass, must I apply on the 05th of April and that is fine due to my visa expiring on the 8th of April? Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:30 pm

Riori wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:04 pm
seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:00 pm
Riori wrote:
Hi all,

I have lived in the UK for over 7 years and applied for this visa in the UK so I was here the whole time. So I just need to know if I have to allow 30 months to pass, must I apply on the 05th of April and that is fine due to my visa expiring on the 8th of April? Thank you
Yes because Spouse visa holder can also apply 28 days before of their visa expiry.