ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xtrasibu
Newly Registered
Nepal

Naturalization

Post by xtrasibu » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Hi all,

I would be much grateful if someone guide me in my complications for my son's naturalization who is 4 years old and born in UK.

He was born here in UK on May 2014 and went to Nepal on October 2014. He went with travel documents. We didn't apply for his visa and passport in UK. He came back with his mum on 2016 December with entry clearance in his Nepalese passport. His will expire on August 2019. I got my ILR on January couple months ago.
I was wondering will this 2 years of gap will makes any problems in his naturalization. Hoping for response

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalization

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:57 pm

I would be much grateful if someone guide me in my complications for my son's naturalization who is 4 years old and born in UK.
Children are REGISTERED as British not Naturalised (which is only for adults).
I was wondering will this 2 years of gap will makes any problems in his naturalization.

No issue. A UK Born child has an entitlement to register as British once EITHER parent is granted ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

xtrasibu
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by xtrasibu » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:28 am

Thanks. So his visa is going to finish at 28 aug 2019. Shall I apply it now coz it says it might take up to six months. Or I can apply later on. What if his decision didn't come before his visa expire.

Thanks in advance.

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Ruhi09 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:12 pm

It will not create any problem. You don't need to worry about the visa expiration date. My younger daughter didn't have any passport even at the time of registration.

xtrasibu
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by xtrasibu » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:22 am

I am scared of 2 years gap only. Because one of immigration adviser told me my son is not eligible for British citizen. They told me that my son can apply with me when i am entitled on Jan 2020.

Do I have to write a cover letter regarding his stay in Nepal for 2 years?
In MN1 form we have to provide 5 years address history. Is it only UK address or we can write Nepal address as well?

Thanks in advance.

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Ruhi09 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:48 am

As CR001 mentioned earlier, that is not an issue. I can say that from my own experience.

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Ruhi09 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:51 am

You can use only your UK address. This won't create any problem for a child's application

xtrasibu
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by xtrasibu » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:15 am

Thank you all for guide. I am going to apply asap. And let you know decision.

xtrasibu
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by xtrasibu » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:53 pm

Hello to all.

Can u plz explain this paragraph. Does those following paragraphs are recently updated and will apply to my kid or not? Coz as I already mentioned in post before about my kid was out of country for 2 years. does 180 days counts to him as absence.
And I have got ILR just 2 months ago.
Sorry just want to confirm about these before apply.

Parental consent for applications under 1(3), 1(3A) and 1(4)
As the applicant has an entitlement to be registered as a British citizen if the requirements in sections 1(3), 1(3A) and 1(4) are met, the absence of parental consent (in cases where the applicant is a minor) is not a reason for refusal. It is good practice to gain consent of all those with parental responsibility for the child and it should normally be requested, but this is not mandatory. If the consent is not gained it is not a reason for refusing the application.

Discretion to allow excess absences in the first 10 years of a child’s life Section 1(7) of the British Nationality Act 1981 gives discretion to allow absences of more than 90 days in any one or more of the first 10 years of the person’s life.
You should normally waive excess absences if:

•the number of days absent from the UK in any one of the years does not exceed 180 days and the total number of days over the 10 year period does not exceed 990 days
• the number of days absent exceeds 180 or 990 respectively but was due to circumstances beyond the family’s control, such as a serious illness You must not waive excess absences over 180 days in a single year or 990 days in the 10 year period where: • the applicant was unaware of the requirements • the parents’ absences with the child were entirely voluntary

Thank you in advance.

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Ruhi09 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:36 pm

Not applicable for your child