ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa for dependent after ICT

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RLBM
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa for dependent after ICT

Post by RLBM » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:12 pm

My 3+2 ICT long term staff migrant visa is expiring by end of Sep 2020, My wife can apply for Jan 2020 University for post graduation course tier 4 visa and I can come on her tier 4 dependent visa. Below are few doubts that needs to be clarified before we go ahead with tier 4 visa for my wife
2.1 When should we start the process if we want to apply in Jan 2020 courses for tier 4?
2.2 Can she apply for Sep 2020 university term or would that be too late for me to come on her dependent visa as my ICT will be expiring in Sep 2020. Is there any other option between Jan and Sep university application?
2.3 Is there a high chance of rejection of her tier 4 visa if she applies in Sep 2020 as our ICT visa is also expiring at the same time?
2.4 What is the total duration of tier 4 visa for a course of 12 months, I believe it will be additional 4 months, so a total of 16 months.
2.5 If total duration of tier 4 visa is 16 months for a 12 month course from Jan 2020 then our tier 4 visa will last till Apr 2021; after Dec 2020, can my existing company apply for my primary ICT again as I was out of ICT visa for 12th months (cooling off on ICT) or I cant as my previous ICT expiry was Sep 2020 so I cannot apply for another ICT till Sep 2021 OR to be on the safer side should we look for a course that lasts its visa duration after Sep 2021
2.6 Can I apply for general visa immediately after moving to dependent visa if another company is ok to sponsor me or I cannot take sponsorship till one year after I have been moved to dependent visa or I cannot take sponsorship till Sep 2021 (one year after my current ICT expiry).
2.7 Can I apply for general visa immediately after moving to dependent visa if my existing company is ok to sponsor me or I cannot take sponsorship till one year after I have been moved to dependent visa or I cannot take sponsorship till Sep 2021 (one year after my current ICT expiry).
2.7 What would be the approximate cost for this tier 4 visa including studies cost

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 visa for dependent after ICT

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 am

I have not bothered to answer your questions for one simple reason- for your spouse to get a tier 4 visa she will have to demonstrate above and beyond a complete commitment as to the reason why she wishes to undertake a course of study.

The university’s see the ploy you are attempting on a regular basis and shy away from such applications. She is highly unlikely to pass the genuine student test that the Home Office will apply so puts them at risk of a refusal. This goes against them so that is why they shy away from in country switching of other PBS visas to tier 4.