ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) application raises complex issues

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

ILR SET(M) application raises complex issues

Post by guoxiaoran » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Hi,

I hope anybody can help or advice me if you ever heard and come across similar situation.

My current visa will expire on 28th Jan 2019, and till then I will fulfil my 5 years spousal visa in the UK and qualified for applying for settlement. Due to the new UKVCAS service introduced, I was confused by the application date, so I have submitted online form on the 19th Dec 2018 which I believe it is too early as this is the date that HO consider your application started, and I submitted all supporting documents on the 3rd Jan 2019 which is within the the 28 days.

I have paid premium priority service booked appointment in Manchester Central Library, on the next day after handed in my supporting documents, I have received any email from home office saying ''we cannot process your application within 24 hr target, this is because your application raises complex issues, and we need further time consider thoroughly and make a decision''.

I have provided my 12 months of payslips and bank statement for finance, my salary is well over £18600. Provided plenty of documents for proof of address for the relationship. I have been travelling a few times during the past five years but my husband hasn't been as he doesn't like flying. I don't see why my case has become complex and I am still waiting for my decision.

I don't know if there is anybody else in the same situation as me? Seems there is nothing I can do but sitting in this endless wait.

Thanks.

Casa

Re: ILR SET(M) application raises complex issues

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Probably due to you submitting your online application earlier than 28 days prior to the qualifying date. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:36 pm

Casa wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:12 pm
Probably due to you submitting your online application earlier than 28 days prior to the qualifying date. :idea:
Hi Casa, I did about 13 days early than my qualified application date, so they have not made my application invalid. I have read some history posts when people were confused about the application date, however I have seen cases which visa was granted anyway, I don't know and confused.

I have sent a reply to the original email received and gave it a soft chase just asked 'when can I receive a decision', should I send another email to ask what the complex issues are?

Thanks.

rajauk

Post by rajauk » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi,
I don't understand how you have submitted your application early?
I also am about to make an ilr application for my wife on five year route. My wife visa runs out in 7th march 19. She came to this country on 29th November 2013 so I could have made the application in 2nd November 2018 as she completed 5 year qualifying period. 1st visa is issued for 27 months and then extention for 24 months. How come you did not complete your qualifying period 3 months before your visa finished?
I am only late as she just did her English test.
Regards,
Raja

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

SET(M) BRP Received Today

Post by guoxiaoran » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi Guys,

My ILR application (SET(M) under 5 years spouse route) experience has been pretty confusing to me. I have used the new UKVCAS system, scanned uploaded everything online, paid super priority service on the 3rd Jan, 2019, the next day (within 24 hrs) I received an email from case worker saying they cannot process my application within the target time this is because my application has raised complex issues.

So I have waited and waited as there is nothing much I can do.

All of a sudden on the 13th March my BRP card states settlement and ILR has just turned up. I feel very happy and relieved as I believe this is what this application was about and that's what I need for travelling. But I have not received any decision letter, no more emails from HO, no explanation on what the complex issue was, no instructions on what to do with my old BRP card.

Do I need to do anything at all?
Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: SET(M) BRP Received Today

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:43 pm

guoxiaoran wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:23 pm
Hi Guys,

My ILR application (SET(M) under 5 years spouse route) experience has been pretty confusing to me. I have used the new UKVCAS system, scanned uploaded everything online, paid super priority service on the 3rd Jan, 2019, the next day (within 24 hrs) I received an email from case worker saying they cannot process my application within the target time this is because my application has raised complex issues.

All of a sudden on the 13th March my BRP card states settlement and ILR has just turned up. I feel very happy and relieved as I believe this is what this application was about and that's what I need for travelling. But I have not received any decision letter, no more emails from HO, no explanation on what the complex issue was, no instructions on what to do with my old BRP card.

Thanks.
You will receive approval letter in post shortly this week given the weekend in between so post might have delayed.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Hnm88
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hnm88 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:50 pm

guoxiaoran wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Did u aplly self employment or employment?

guoxiaoran
Newly Registered

Post by guoxiaoran » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:29 pm

Hnm88 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:50 pm
guoxiaoran wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Did u aplly self employment or employment?
I am employed