ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spain vs Ireland: Citizenship application for Latin American

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

yehibikez
Newly Registered
Mexico

Spain vs Ireland: Citizenship application for Latin American

Post by yehibikez » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:01 pm

Dear all:

I have to job offers:
  • For Spain with Highly Skilled visa
    for Ireland with a Highly Skilled visa
In Ireland, I need to have lived for 5 years to apply for long-term residence or citizenship. On the other hand, in Spain, as a latin american, I only need to live and work legally there for 2 years and I can apply to the long-term residence or citizenship.

The main issue that I see with Spain is that, according to the news, the Spanish migration office seems to be still processing applications from 2015! Do you know if there is a legal work around this huge delayed in receiving answers to an application in Spain?

Also, in the forum for Ireland, it seems that the timeline to receive answers to a citizenship application is around 1 - 2 years. Is that correct?

For the purpose of making a living and settle down, which country would you suggest to go for?

I know that there is a forum for Ireland, but my main questions are about Spain. So, let me know if I have to move the topic

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Spain vs Ireland: Citizenship application for Latin American

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:09 am

Assuming that you would be off to Dublin, you should know that it is expensive.
You probably won't find the weather very nice either. And life in Dublin is nothing like people imagine it to be. You'd also need to wait there a long time to get your permanent application processed.

Spain is reasonably cheap. Climate is better. And as you said after 2 years you can apply for naturalisation. Once you become Spanish, therefore EU citizen, you can go and live anywhere.

I'd suggest Spain.

P.S. There are no workarounds for delays in nowhere.
yehibikez wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:01 pm
Dear all:

I have to job offers:
  • For Spain with Highly Skilled visa
    for Ireland with a Highly Skilled visa
In Ireland, I need to have lived for 5 years to apply for long-term residence or citizenship. On the other hand, in Spain, as a latin american, I only need to live and work legally there for 2 years and I can apply to the long-term residence or citizenship.

The main issue that I see with Spain is that, according to the news, the Spanish migration office seems to be still processing applications from 2015! Do you know if there is a legal work around this huge delayed in receiving answers to an application in Spain?

Also, in the forum for Ireland, it seems that the timeline to receive answers to a citizenship application is around 1 - 2 years. Is that correct?

For the purpose of making a living and settle down, which country would you suggest to go for?

I know that there is a forum for Ireland, but my main questions are about Spain. So, let me know if I have to move the topic